Bloodborne

TheFes75

Anyone here play Bloodborne.  Just my opinion, but right now I love this game.  I liked Demon Souls, Dark Souls not so much, but really liked Dark Souls 2. I think Bloodborne kicks all their asses. Game is actually harder than those, and graphically much improved.  The game mechanics are smoother and the overall mood of the game is darker yet more fun.  I feel like i'm on the edge of my seat all the time while playing. Any way just my thoughts so far. 

Edited by TheFes75

I am a huge souls fan.  Especially Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.

Problem is, I don't have a PS4 and it is going to be really tough for me to afford to spend $450 on the system and game.  I really wish they'd lower the price on a PS4, at least in line with the XBOX one which you can now get for $350 (still a lot of coin).

I've looked at videos on Youtube and Bloodborne does look really sweet.  I'm sure eventually I will pick up a PS4 just for this game.  Is there anything you don't like about Bloodborne?

What other PS4 games make the system worth getting (I already have The Last of Us on PS3)?

I am a huge souls fan.  Especially Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2.

Problem is, I don't have a PS4 and it is going to be really tough for me to afford to spend $450 on the system and game.  I really wish they'd lower the price on a PS4, at least in line with the XBOX one which you can now get for $350 (still a lot of coin).

I've looked at videos on Youtube and Bloodborne does look really sweet.  I'm sure eventually I will pick up a PS4 just for this game.  Is there anything you don't like about Bloodborne?

What other PS4 games make the system worth getting (I already have The Last of Us on PS3)?

So far there isn't anything I don't like.  Maybe the lack of weapons so far.  I am only level 16 though and haven't ventured too far.  I like to play the souls games slow and level up quite a bit before making a run at end game content.  

As far as games that make PS4 worth it.  I don't know what games you like or dislike, but so far, I have purchased and like:

• Bloodborne

Shadows of Mordor

Dragon Age:Inquisition (I like the story line and multiplayer)

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare  (I played this through December, but hated being able to jump all over the map, don't touch it now. Hopefully the next installment goes away from Exo-suits). 

GTA V came with the PS4 although I don't play it much, it looks and plays much better than GTA IV.

The last of us also came as a free download with the PS4. I played it on PS3 and liked it but haven't played it on PS4 yet.

The graphics alone are worth the buying of the system IMO if you are going to continue and keep up with new games.  I'm not an X-box fan, have always gone Playstation (PSX, PS2, PS3 and now PS4). Love the new controller feel.  Not a huge difference, but the controller is an upgrade from the PS3 controllers. Just my opinion though

Yeah, at this point Bloodborne is the only thing I'd be buying it for...

I already have the latest CoD on the 360 (I agree with you, the exo suits suck).  I'm not a big fan of GTA.  Mordor and Dragon Age would be possibilities for me.  I may just wait until a few more good games come out (and maybe a price drop on the console).

Thanks for all the good info!

Found my first thing I don't like about Bloodborne! It is nothing major, but while playing, you don't know exactly when you are coming up on a boss. You usually get a feeling that it is near, and sometimes the surroundings can sometimes give it away, but for the most part, you end up wandering to a certain point, and then a cut scene starts up. Like I said it's not a bad thing! I think the developers want you to try and solo the boss before you attempt to get help via multiplayer. Once you die against a boss the usual fog wall will appear the next time you are there separating you from the boss area, and giving you a chance to summon a co-op helper beforehand. Other than that this game is awesome and a must buy in my opinion. For those of you who have never played the "Souls" games they are a must play and Bloodborne is even better. The feel of accomplishment once you beat a level, boss or the game is unmatched by any rival game IMHO.

So I picked up a PS4 and Bloodborne!  Just started playing.  First thing that pissed me off is that you MUST purchase Playstation Plus to play online!!!  WTF.

A big draw of the PS3 was the free online.  Apparently Sony is now just like Microsoft, you have to buy PS Plus to play any PS4 games online.  Sucks.  Honestly I would have probably passed if I'd known that.

I forgot about the PS+ account to play online.  I had one from PS3 so mine carried over. I totally forgot about that.

Glad you like Bloodborne.

This game lets you play co-op with your friends.  If you want to message me on this site or on PS4 and we can set up a password that if we both use we can co-op the game. My Playstation handle is:

thefes