Fairfield, OH - 07/18/2015 - 2015 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament (8th Annual)

vogtcd11

Updated list of competitors??

I informed Chris a few weeks ago that the competitors section of the website wasn't functional.... two years in a row for me that this falls on my "mini-vaca" to the lake for a big party weekend.  Sorry guys, but it trumps ALL summer events and I'll be doing additional celebration since we just closed on our new home two days ago!   :)  Good luck to all the participants and look forward to hearing/seeing the results

Edited by bradbears81

>https://twitter.com/TecmoBowlers/status/622760869844393984

>https://twitter.com/TecmoMadison/status/622606258156269568

No word on who actually won the Ickey Shuffle contest

Recap time:

Another great tournament and thank you to Chris Vogt and family for running this tourney. It was a pretty condensed pool of talent which made things very fun.

Pool Play:

Despite what members ended up in my pool play, I had match-ups I wanted to try for fun and because I knew everyone was going to to make the elim tournament.

Game 1: I end up playing Diaz and winning the coin toss. I call Hou/Pit and he takes Hou of course. Final ended up 28-0 Pit being the victor. This match-up is extremely deceptive as Pit matches up well.

Game 2: I play Hake here and he calls Cin/SF. I choose Cincy (Boomer Esaison passing yards award) and end up winning 28-21.

Game 3: I play Zach ??? and call Jets/Buf. Final ends up being 28-7 in favor of the JETS.

Game 4: John B (El Tecmo) I call GB/PHI. He takes Randall  and I end up winning but forget what the score was.

Playoffs:

Game 1: I Apologize to my opponent in this position as this is where I just stopped drinking and forget who I played and what the match-up was :/

Game 2: Diaz and I meet up for a rematch. Again I forget the matchup here (Diaz can you fill this in?) but I remember the game being close and coming out on top

Game 3: Chris Vogt meets me here and I'm sobering up, but my memory is awful. Forget matchup but this also was a close game if I recollect correctly.

Game 4: OK now I remember all my games. This is vs Derek and I was saving match-ups for this point in the tourney. I win the toss and call Pit/Jets (my fav match-up). Long game short, Derek sticks it to me worse than I've ever experienced in this match-up before 19-0. He controlled the game with his running and played great defense.

Game 5: Moving into the Loser Bracket I face Chet. He wins the toss and calls Min/Wash. I take the Vikes, and thanks to a couple fumbles, scoot to the 22-7 victory. I think Chet was pretty tired at this point from the previous game he had just won over Jimmy Vogt (instant classic).

Game 6: The first championship game vs Derek and I win the toss. I call Rai/Chi. A word to the wise for all the tecmo community..... don't ever let me have Bo. I run my way to a relatively easy win 35-21?

Game 7: For all the marbles, I win the toss again vs Derek. Summoning a Madison final replay from 2014, I call Den/SD. TP chooses SD (dammit!). This game was much closer than the final score indicated. I was struggling to find my offense, and it wasn't until a fumble/TD score that put me up 6-3 that I felt confident. The Den offense struggles mightily in this one thanks to some great defense overall by TP. My defense however was able to shut down SD. I thought personally it was a poor choice of playbook from Derek as the offset plays are easily stopped by LB4. I think this limited the plays I had to worry about defending and ultimately ended up being the deciding factor as SD just couldn't move the ball. Denver ends up on top and I was able to claim my second straight Midwest championship!

Thanks again to all who were involved in putting it together and who participated!