Tecmo NCAA Football 2014 -- Need Help!

Hi there!  I currently am editing rosters for a 2014 college football version of Tecmo Super Bowl.  I am doing most of the complicated work: editing teams, colors, stats, schedules, etc.  I currently have about 8 of the 28 teams' rosters completed, and should be done by the end of the week.

I will need help converting the helmets from the original Tecmo Super Bowl into the proper college ones.  Can anyone team up with me on this to help me?  I have a ROM from 2006 that has college teams that I can pull approximately 10 of the helmets from because the teams overlap.  Also the NFL logo that shows up every now and again...it'd be cool if it said NCAA instead.  Don't know how to edit this stuff.

I am also attempting to do some minor text editing in order to get rid of references to the NFL and change conference names, etc.  I can get some of it to work properly already.

I'm just not an expert and was wondering if anyone would be willing to do parts of this for me, or if anyone would be willing to show me an easy-to-use tutorial for a computer-savvy-but-rom-hacking-novice.

I'm doing my best to have the annoying, tedious stuff out of the way to make it more worth someone's time.

[email protected] is my email.  I'm happy to share what I have so far.