Tecmo Madison VIII - X Power rankings

bruddog

Using the SRS (simple rating system) method http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=37 which is a purely mathmatical method.  With over 400 unique competitors it makes it manageable. There are other reasonable methotds but this one is simple to calculate in excel. 

PF= Average points for

PA= Average points against

Dif = Average point differential

SOSI = iterated strength of schedule

PWR= Final power ranking ~= number of points a player would be favored by over an opponent with a rating of 0. 

Colored %=  Percentile among all entrants.

As we know the last three tournaments its been Chet and Regulator and everyone else. 

Example from Tecmo VIII Chet 29.0 vs Mort 19.2. Expected outcome Chet by 9.9. Actual outcome Chet by 7. 

Your top 100 

391036fa37.png

b51cfbefc2.png

Dave, is this only from Tecmo X or does it take into account  multiple Madison/big tournaments?

For example, I have participated in Madison VII, VIII, IX, and X.  Are these statistics from all four or just one?  Then how does a player with only one Madison fair into the equation?

Thanks and love this type of work.

Edited by Tecmo Psycho

Dave, is this only from Tecmo X or does it take into account  multiple Madison/big tournaments?

For example, I have participated in Madison VII, VIII, IX, and X.  Are these statistics from all four or just one?  Then how does a player with only one Madison fair into the equation?

Thanks and love this type of work.

This is from Madison VIII,IX,X combined....

I wonder if I'd be in top 30 if I hadn't made the dumb decision to take a very long road trip with a flake who promised me a third driver.

Yes. Based on Tecmo VIII, IX only you were top 30. In fact #13. Like any ranking system the more information(games played) it has on any one player the more accurate it is. 

Yes. Based on Tecmo VIII, IX only you were top 30. In fact #13. Like any ranking system the more information(games played) it has on any one player the more accurate it is. 

Thanks for the supplementary calculation.

I noted your tidbit in the other thread about first time players in Madison not making the rd of 16.  In my first trip I lost in OT to defending champ Mort.

Here is a different method where only wins and losses matter and not points. Not using points tends to be much less predictive but I was able to go back  to Madison 6. 

6d850331de.png

50d2c48426.png

You are awesome!  #27!!! Vindication that the Tecmo Committee has robbed me of my #1 seed the past two years!!!  haha  <goes in a corner and cries because is missing Tecmo XI>