Tecmo Bowl Passing/ Snap glitch

ShowMeYourTDs

Hi guys,

I have made an alternate teams rom for Tecmo Bowl with the rosters being from the 1988 season.  Everything works fine for most of the teams except one.  I had substituted the Detroit Lions for the Chicago Bears and when I try to pitch the ball on run plays, snap the ball on kicks, or pass the ball, the ball seems to disappear and only it's shadow appears on the field.  In addition to this, the ball shadow moves in slow motion to the rb or wr and if it is a pass, the defenders swarm around underneath the ball until it reaches the wr or is intercepted by the db.  The Lions/ Bears is the only team affected.  I have done another alternate teams rom for Tecmo Bowl for the teams that I could not put on this one and I have the Phoenix Cardinals in place of the Bears on that one and it works just fine. I am wondering if the rom is corrupted or if it doesn't like one of the changes I have made.  Anyone else encounter this when editing the original Tecmo?  I have attached a copy of it if anyone wants to try it out.  Thanks

TecBowl-AltTeams-1.nes

• 2 weeks later...

Update:  I edited another Tecmo Bowl rom ( the Shanfu0_originalTB_2.nes  rom to be precise) and I have not encountered any glitches with the passes, pitches, or snaps. So it would appear that it was just a corrupted copy.  This rom has the edited playbooks for L.A., Washington, and Minnesota, so only one RB for L.A. and no WR reverses for Wash and Minn.   As for the teams featured, they are: Patriots, Oilers, Steelers, Chiefs, Bengals, Packers, Rams, Lions, Buccaneers, Bills, Eagles, and Jets.  If anyone is interested let me know and I'll post a copy of the working rom.