Salem, OH - 04/25/15 - Stone Age Gamer Tecmo Franchise Bowl

Thanks man!  Out of curiosity - what team would you build if you could attend?

At first glance this one, but there's a lot of really fun combos.  Interesting to see if people try to go with QB Eagles and not much D or maybe Haddix or Fulcher with no other help on D.  I'd need more balance personally.

QB RAM

RB KC

WR GB

OL CIN

DL GB

LB WAS

DB MIA

$99.9

Edited by moulds33

At first glance this one, but there's a lot of really fun combos.  Interesting to see if people try to go with QB Eagles and not much D or maybe Haddix or Fulcher with no other help on D.  I'd need more balance personally.

QB RAM

RB KC

WR GB

OL CIN

DL GB

LB WAS

DB MIA

$99.9

I like your "balanced" team - mine will also be balanced.  It will be very interesting to see all of the different combinations everyone comes up with!

But in return I asked for a few beers and games at Madison

yeeeeeeeah, you got a deal, ninja!  I was gonna offer beer(s) at madison, but this tourney is after madison... but i'll buy you one anyway.  I'll give you a few games also, we'll need to see how educated you are in the extremely dark arts of buh-buh-bubby brister!

ps--hope i don't disappoint, but i won't be rocking the 'stache at madison this year..... unless I do!

How do you split up RB/WRs on run and shoot teams vs others?

I would assume that guys tagged as RBs are RBs otherwise Houston would be worth a lot more.

How does Phx end up being worth more than KC in terms of running back as you don't get Roy Green?

SHHHHHH! There are some subtle value problems but with Houston the issue will be you'll have to use Givins at RB2....I think.  This decreases the value somewhat but its likely still wrong.

KC RB is one that needs to be fixed. Okoye vs good HP defenses or great tappers = the worst 50ms rb but vs weak HP defenses and non tappers much more valuable. 

Actually many of the values should be tweaked to account for not being able to move defenders. 

SHHHHHH! There are some subtle value problems but with Houston the issue will be you'll have to use Givins at RB2....I think.  This decreases the value somewhat but its likely still wrong.

KC RB is one that needs to be fixed. Okoye vs good HP defenses or great tappers = the worst 50ms rb but vs weak HP defenses and non tappers much more valuable. 

Actually many of the values should be tweaked to account for not being able to move defenders. 

givens at rb and duncan at te maybe is reason

I would assume that guys tagged as RBs are RBs otherwise Houston would be worth a lot more.

How does Phx end up being worth more than KC in terms of running back as you don't get Roy Green?

The way I take it is, Givens is a HOU WR, and Lloyd is given to the RB crew.  This is his example from initial post, so one would assume WAS RB/WR Ricky Sanders is given to the WAS WR crew.

Example: 

QB - NYJ | $15.8 | QB1 - K. O'Brien | QB2 - T. Eason 

*QBs may be substituted once per quarter

RB - WAS | $20.6 | RB1 - E. Byner | RB2 - G. Riggs | RB3 - K. Bryant | RB4 - B. Mitchell 

*RBs may only play in the RB1 or RB2 slot, they may not play in a WR/TE slot and may be substituted once per quarter

WR - KC   | $15.9 | WR1 - R. Thomas | WR2 - S. Paige | WR3 - J.J. Birden | WR4 - E. Harry | TE1 - A. Roberts | TE2 - J. Hayes

*WRs/TEs may play in WR1, WR2, TE slots, may also be placed in the RB2 slot as a lead blocker, may not run the ball, may be substituted quarterly 

OL - DAL  | $4.1 | C - M. Stepnoski | LG - C. Ker | RG - J. Gesek | LT - K. Gogan | RT - N. Newton

*OL must remain in their original positions

DL - HOU | $3.8 | RE - S. Jones | NT - D. Smith | LE - W. Fuller

*DL must remain in their original positions

LB - MIA  | $17.8 | LB1 - H. Green | LB2 - C. Odom | LB3 - J. Offerdahl | LB4 - D. Griggs

*LBs must remain in their original positions

DB - NE   | $21.9 | RCB - M. Hurst | LCB - R. Lippett | FS - F. Marion | SS - R. McSwain

*DBs must remain in their original positions

SP - CIN | $0.0 | K - J. Breech | P - L. Johnson  

*Every team will receive the Bengals K and P at no charge

TOTAL = ($99.9)

Good questions!

Question #1:

If a player is listed as a RB on www.tecmogeek.com, they are included in the group of RBs for that team

If a player is listed as a WR on www.tecmogeek.com, they are included in the group of WRs for that team

Due to Bruddog's suggestion since he created the values spreadsheet, we are not allowing RBs to play the WR or TE position - as far as I know, a first in Tecmo tournaments.  This is so everyone can not select a team like the Bears RBs and put Bailey at RB and Anderson at WR.  As in other tournaments, WRs may be placed in the RB2 slot but may not run the ball (not even on a reverse).

Here is a list of the RBs and WRs/TEs for the Run and Shoot Teams:

ATL RB - Rozier | Broussard | Jones | Johnson

ATL WR - Haynes | Dixson | Rison | Collins | Thomas | Wilkins

DET RB - Sanders | Wilder | Gray | Green

DET WR - Matthews | Johnson | Clark | Greer | Campbell | Farr

HOU RB - White | Pinkett | Jones | Lloyd

HOU WR - Givins | Jeffries | Hill | Duncan | Jones | McNeil

PHX RB - Johnson | Wolfley | Sikahema | Thompson

PHX WR/TE - Green | Proehl | Jones | Smith | Reeves | Jorden

WAS RB - Byner | Riggs | Bryant | Mitchell 

WAS WR/TE - Sanders | Monk | Clark | Howard | Warren | Johnson

Question #2:

Remember the running backs are being valued as a group.  Here are the player ranking in a comparison based on www.tecmogeek.com data:

PHX $18.3

1. RB1 Johnson (42nd best rusher)

2. RB2 Wolfley (115th best rusher)

3. RB3 Sikahema (90th best rusher)

4. RB4 Thompson (116th best rusher)

42+115+90+116 = 363

363 / 4 = 90.75 RB AVG

KC $17.6

1. RB1 Okoye (9th best rusher)

2. RB2 Word (134th best rusher)

3. RB3 McNair (92nd best rusher)

4. RB4 Jones (201st best rusher)

9+134+92+201 =  436

436 / 4 = 109 RB AVG

Having said all that, I don't know anyone on these forums other than Tailback King that would rather have Johnson than Okoye given the option as their lead back ;)

I am excited to announce we have confirmation that one of the door prizes Stone Age Gamer will be providing is a custom TSB Everdrive cartridge for the NES!  I purchased this product from them about 6 months ago (Famicom version) and it was a large part of the inspiration behind this unique tournament format :)

Here is a link to the product (version and color may vary)

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-deluxe-edition-nes.html

Here is the official response from Andy @ Stone Age Gamer:

"I’m not sure which version (color) we will choose but it will have a custom serial # to go along with the Tecmo theme.   We can include the custom tecmo rom used for the tourney as well as a bunch of other tecmo roms.   I’ll let you know once I come up with some other ideas, but if you want to mention the EverDrive giveaway on the post in the meantime feel free."

IMG_1259.jpg

The tecmo-geek page kinda confuses things as JJ is more like the 17th best rb and part of a big group of 50ms rbs.

But based on dynastyphile stats and the average place people pick OKOYE in HSTL drafts it looks like KC RB's (aka okoye) are about $7mil too cheap.

Thanks for clarifying and that logic makes sense.

Any other positions you might tweak?

We'll roll with the existing spreadsheet this year and hopefully we'll be able to make this an annual event.

Thanks for creating it (and the updated version)! I'm sure it took a lot of work and really appreciate the time you put into it :)

Edited by UltimateWeapon

DET RB - Sanders | Wilder | Gray | Green

DET WR - Matthews | Johnson | Clark | Greer | Campbell | Farr

So the Lions only actually have 3 RBs on their roster.  Willie Green is a WR.  He still comes with the Lions RBs, as noted then?  I'm not sure if there are any other teams like this or not, but I just wanted to clarify.  Thanks!

So the Lions only actually have 3 RBs on their roster.  Willie Green is a WR.  He still comes with the Lions RBs, as noted then?  I'm not sure if there are any other teams like this or not, but I just wanted to clarify.  Thanks!

Correct Willie Green is labeled as a RB on www.tecmogeek.com

Posted an attempt at updated values here....

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/63949-build-a-teamtake-2/

Feedback is welcomed. 

Awesome!  If we can make this an annual event we will use this next time.  We've already had multiple people submit teams with the first version but I like the changes you made.