A glitch like no other?

Jock_Nerd

Hi everyone,

This is something that has been in the back of my gaming mind since it's happened.

Many years ago I was playing, and I swear I saw a cutscene in the middle of my run. It was the same cutscene with Barry Sanders making a cut in the intro. I did a run play, got passed the line, made a move and that cutscene happened then it went back to the middle of the play again. I thought it was amazing at the time.

I've wondered all these years if I was crazy. I've never read, seen or heard anything about this happening before. And I've searched and searched. My brother didn't know what to think, and he thinks I might be crazy. It happened very fast, so I also doubt myself sometimes if this really happened.

I know any glitch could be possible, but is it likely that this cutscene could have happened? Does the Barry Sanders cutscene act like all the other "normal" cutscenes, meaning, is it a separate scene just like a blocked kick scene? Or is the Barry Sanders cutscene part of the larger intro and can't be found to stand alone? I hope you know what I mean.

Sometimes I think that Tecmo had original plans to have this cutscene show during games during certain moments, but scrapped it just like they scrapped other things like penalties.

Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear back from you soon.

That sort of cutscene would be present in TSB I-III for the SNES/Genesis.

The entire opening scene that includes the Barry Sanders animation is part of a larger intro...as far as I know this isn't standalone.

I believe that animation is also included in black and white during the credits which would also be a single called cutscene.

There were some leading rusher/passer/receiver type cutscenes  that were not implemented...they should be called and don't look anything like the opening.

565ed68acc.png

Refer to this thread for cutscene info http://tecmobowl.org/topic/13387-an-easy-guide-to-changing-and-deleting-various-cutscenes/

What you think you saw is programmatically impossible. If this glitch were to have occurred, the entire intro would have played. The glitch could have happened, but the entire intro would have played.

This is no Barry in the credits. You are thinking of this guy:

e48de6b662.png

Is it possible to call a portion of a cutscene with key frames? Perhaps this was experimented with instead of creating a new cutscene to save space.

In that way you are asking/thinking, no.