Detroit, MI - 01/24/15 - Detroit Kumite III: A TSB Tournament

bob sacamano

Tournament check-in is around 10:30, and at that time vogtcd will be firing up the stream.  Expect great games on that TV, all day long, beginning at 11:00am est!

twitch.tv/mwtecmo

Calling it now.... I'm taking Regulator DOWN on the Twitch channel!  It'll be a rematch of Niners vs. Oilers all day, and this time, Joe Cool is coming for YOU!

Joe-Montana-5.jpg

tecmo_ninja, on 20 Jan 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Joey if u can catch a greyhound friday to ravenna ohio u can stay with me and timbone at my place and ride up with us :)

tecmo_ninja, on 20 Jan 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Joey if u can catch a greyhound friday to ravenna ohio u can stay with me and timbone at my place and ride up with us :)

You can chill at my pad also. We will swill 4 - OH's and talk smack on Call of Duty till the Early morn.

Tourney participant list updated below!

We are just one day away!  

10:15 am Equipment Setup

10:30 am Tournament Check-In

11:00 am Kickoff

PLAYER / HOMETOWN (38)

1. 513Boy4Life, Hamilton, OH
  2. Beastmode, London, ON
  3. Brad H, Warren, MI
  4. bradbears81, Indianapolis, IN
  5. David T, Buffalo, NY
  6. Diazzhole, Lebanon, OH
  7. Dingleberry Krunch, Rochester Hills, MI
  8. Fuzzy Chicken, Dexter, MI
  9. Galapula, Ann Arbor, MI
  10. James H, Sterling Heights, MI
  11. Jay M, Blissfield, MI
  12. Jeff H, Warren, MI
  13. jmoskwa99, Chesterfield, MI
  14. John M, Madison Heights, MI
  15. KornKid, Lake Orion, MI
  16. Lionheart, Flint, MI
  17. LuckyTool, Grand Blanc, MI
  18. Methodbased, Blissfield, MI
  19. Mort, Cheektowaga, NY
  20. MvG, Clinton Twp, MI
  21. Nickg80, Hartland, MI
  22. OhioTecmo, Cleveland, OH
  23. ones11fahzu, Elkhart, IN
  24. red98sethuthut, Buffalo, NY
  25. Regulator, Elkhart, IN
  26. Rich P, Royal Oak, MI
  27. Roy S, Canton, MI
  28. Saku39, Allen Park, MI
  29. Suh Stomper, Royal Oak, MI
  30. Tecmo Ninja, Streetsboro, OH
  31. tecmodell42, Waterford, MI
  32. tecmopsycho, Indianapolis, IN
  33. The Hammer, Rockford, MI
  34. timbone, Parkman, OH
  35. Travioli69, Scottville, MI
  36. Ultimate Weapon, North Ridgeville, OH
  37. VogtCD11, Hamilton, OH
  38. Weaksauce, London, ON

Had this emailed to me from today's feed

3:23 DLnoonan: so who is tsbgod1 vs the other registered tsbgod?
3:23 TSBGOD1: some leagues are hurting for owners at times
3:24 TSBGOD1: tsbgod1
3:24 TSBGOD1: is the real tsbgod
3:24 TSBGOD1: Frankie
3:24 DLnoonan: Sup Frankie... and who is the other wannabe?
3:24 TSBGOD1: Knobbes, mrtsb, and maybe clark
3:25 DLnoonan: Knobbes knows better... he'd register as the Godfather... met him in Lincoln tourney
3:25 TSBGOD1: no he is a dick
3:25 TSBGOD1: i know he is tsbgod
3:26 TSBGOD1: he is no godfather
3:26 TSBGOD1: he is a dick
3:26 TSBGOD1: deleted a whole forum on Tecmoworld before
3:26 TSBGOD1: he is no saint
3:26 TSBGOD1: don't believe the hype
3:26 DLnoonan: ouch... those wounds run pretty deep?
3:26 TSBGOD1: nah
3:26 TSBGOD1: i am good
3:26 TSBGOD1: 'just telling the truth
3:27 DLnoonan: Just against holyer than now people huh... deleting a forum sounds like a god move.
3:27 TSBGOD1: well not when its not your board or forum
3:27 TSBGOD1: its not a good move
3:28 DLnoonan: I can't relate, but understand
3:28 TSBGOD1: yup

For the record if I post it's from the "tecmobowl" account.
As the first person to ever broadcast a tournament, I have too much respect for the amount of effort and time it takes to troll a twitch feed.
It's stuff like above which is why I no longer make an effort to broadcast my own tournament and won't in the future. /EndRant

As the first person to ever broadcast a game, I have too much respect for the amount of effort and time it takes to troll a twitch feed.

It's stuff like above which is why I no longer make an effort to broadcast my own tournament and won't in the future. /EndRant

He was just warming up. In the two hours or so that I followed the stream, he ripped you, said that Regulator wasn't all that special in a fantasy land that doesn't include tapping (for the 1000th time), mentioned that online>live (for the 1000th time), and mentioned that there weren't that many good players at the tourney. 

Congrats to Reg on the victory and thanks to Chris for the stream. Enjoyed what I saw. And congrats to Nick on a very nice run.  

Edited by holzy11

Me (red98), mort (francis b.) left for the Detroit kumite III friday afternoon. Our friend and local buffalo tecmoer D.T. had to work an erie p.a. n.b.a. D-league b-ball "bayhawks game" friday as an photographer so he met us in detroit. An ohio wind storm blew us to Mantua Ohio. Home of Chris H. (ninja) restaurant the "Italian Gardens". They have great food. We got a few games with ohio tecmoers like Ryan Mckay (longtime tourney director of the cleveland "boneyard bowls" and "TimBone" from online tecmo. We stayed at hotel for night. Ty chris H. for everything brother. I'll pay your entry fee for the buffalo bounty III. We got some food at denny's. An discussion broke about overrated tecmoers. I remember someone mentioning deion sanders and boomer esiasion as guys who dont play up to there stats. we all met later. We almost got lost refusing to pay tolls. I also confused the us-24 for michigan 24. but we made just in time. Detroit Kumite III A Big Shot out to Toolie, Odell, Chaz and rest of the detroit crew for running a great tournament. Ty for Vogtcd for stream. Ty to tecmophycso for offering to attempt to fix a couple of my broken nintendos. Congrats to Kyle M. for Championship and your welcome about the safety in our 2nd game. Congrats to nick for a great run for 2nd. Observation about "random triple elimination"...the tecmo gods love seeing rematches. Ive draw-ed "regualtor" a whopping 7 times in 3 years in Detroit kumite (9 times overall). Im 3-6 in those games. we should just play our two numbers in "keno" or "quick draw" every year. I soon as i get home im playing 18-34 in the lotto. i hope sea. wins the super bowl 35 to 17 btw.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Games:

1. L 17 (ne) 35 (sea)..vs REG....Ofcourse my #34 is drawed...reg calls his shot that his #18 would come out. Of-course that as all the tecmo gods needed to hear. BOOM #18 comes out. I call nea vs sea cuz there's a prize for $50 if the nfl superbowl matches the score in this matchup and i love marv cook. He gets ball first...agnew picks him off..i score on pass to fryar. 7-0 me...reg carves my ne secondary up ties it up 7-7. I have to punt after an wide open ne rb drops a first down on 3rd and 8. have to punt...again he scores 14 to 7. i get marv cook cc to set up a fg, 14to 10 reg at half. I get ball and play the marv ball score up 17 to 14....reg goes to run game. i could not stop the motion gives and he skillfully isolated me 1-1 (i did outtap him a couple times). he scores 21 to 17. My ball fumble near my goaline start of the 4th and give up a scooper (which happens once in this matchup i swear everytime). my qbs go in bad and my beloved marv cook could no longer carry the team. went on to lose 17 to 35.

Gg 2. W Vs a local I win a ugly sloppy game 3-0. he called pitt-dallas. i took pitt. my start button wasn't working. i should of used his controller to check conditioning. i made many mistakes on offense. he missed a kick once, had a horrible playbook. late in 4th im up 3 to 0. his ball 4mins left..long diver CC in woodson grill. But next play woodson saves the day with a "baited" jj pick. i run the clock out and win 3 to zip. GG

game3 W Jets 10 ..saints 6 (dt)...of course my luck. i draw my buddy from buffalo d.t. D.t. is hard to play cuz he changes his playbook every freaking game. good player. i go jets saints. i get jets. al toon sets up a td drive. and call his play on 4th down to hold on to a tough game vs D.T.

Gg game 4...L Hou 17 Bills 26 (reg)...my # is drawed first right of the bat. reg says just go sit down at the "live stream section". thats all the tecmo gods needed to hear. Boom #18 comes out. 1 in 36 odds!!!! I call hou vs buff cuz reg is 0-5 in this matchup and i love to press "b". im like the brett favre of tecmo i think (wild gunslinger at times). Oilers bills trade td's 14 to 14 just b4 half. Reg goes for it on 4th 6 with 17 secs on his 3o. i get the rare stop and make the fg. 17 to 14. i get ball and his "tallywacker" as his called it gets pick. he scores a fg after i get pass o.o.b. back of end zone. 17 all. 4mins left 4th and 16 after he called passes. I say fuck it im going for it. He would just score again. even i dont get it i get the ball back. but bruce breaks thru b4 i could get my burn route attempt off and sacks me in end-zone. crusher. i couldn't stop him on "d" and lost 17 to 26. i blew that game. Gg sir.

game 5 W He calls jets 23 saints 0 (vogtcd)....ofcourse my luck i draw a very good player. I bust out a long run on run1 sets up fg. 3-0 jet. we trade garbage T.o.'s. he fumbles i recover....but open wr cuts the route off allowing the defender to get into position 4 the pick. i stop him me think. i drive down finds rob moore in the back of the endzone (just over leaping man defender). I go to win 23 to 0. GG

game 6. W Mia 20 7 Kc (ninja)...he calls match. I take dan the man. Ninja is really good with Kc. on 3rd down 10 1st drive he got deep paige C.c. okoye right and a td. 7-0. My ball 4th down from 20...i get a cc leads to fg. 3-7...he gets another cc but i hold to fg. but my drone breaks thru and blocks the kick. i score 10 to 7. after i punted ...he gets ball drives down to my 35ish and misses a fg. i thought he would make it. i score on shotgun pass p3 quick scroller. 17-7 mia. i go to win 20 to 7. Lowery had a bad game.

game 7 W Kc 24 Phi 21 (vogtcd) ofcourse i draw chris v. again. only me. i put my best team in the match. he takes philly. I get a pick on called pass. okoye runs it in 7-0. he ties it on good drive 7-7. I go up on paige pass 14 to 7.i think i go up 24 to 7 in the 3rd. Chris rallies to to cut my lead to 3 with less min left. but i get the onside recovery. gg

game 8 W Phi 24 mia 14 (ones) were down to like 13 players alive. i cant afford to lose. i put two of my favorite teams in the match. he takes mia. philly puts up 24 pts of offense...lot qb eagles scrambles..jackson burned his man 4 td once....got a fumble and philly's secondary had a decent game.

down to 8 players...GAME 9 L (browns) 24 (cards) i play Nick C. (from Ohio) and called the match. I get ball 1st and mack fumbled on 1st play of game on a called play. johnny scored on run i should stopped but ran into a drone 7-0 cards. he calls my play...young gets the pick. johnny scores. i drive down to redzone get a little to "gunny" and throw another pick. he runs with a wr at rb. we talked about it. he said it was just a honest mistake. so odell ruled just take 10 yd penalty and loss of downs. seemed fair to me...i wasn't trying have the game restarted. long fg...i was preying 4 a miss but he doinked it in. i drive down to 2 b4 half...on 4th down he called my keeper. ugh. ugh ugh. i go on to lose 7 to 24. Great game...got outplayed and out coached. Later on Nick gave me y entry fee back. Class act move man. ill pay for your entry fee if u want to play in buffalo bounty III tourney 5/16.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other notes: Mort vs ones O.T. game was wild 1. mort is up 21 (atl) to 14 (jets). jets get down to 12 with 13 secs left. Ones calls p4 shotty red-gun. goes 4 boyer in at te back of endone. sanders manned-up by mort but sanders seemed to in place for jj deflection... somehow he slips on piece of field turf. 21-21. ones won the toss and drove a good drive. won 24 to 21. ***wow man i loved that 1 waitress...yoga pants ***Mort, d.t. too: We got get back to "blood and battle mode of tecmo" for madison. *** TTC (tecmo team cup) had 6 members in the final 8 in detroit. Reg, Ones, Diaz, Toolie, Odell, Red98 wow!!!

***whoever trolled the stream: respect the game. stop trolling the streams. people like chris v. put lot of effort in streaming games so people who cant make it can watch the games for no cost. i had no idea Knobbee does not stream his tourney because people trolling the chats.

*** Congrats to Jeff B. for winning the tundra bowl in green bay. great beard.

*** i thought "tecmo phycso would win passing award with "harbaugh" but reg's got him by couple yards. mort is right...neal anderson is the 2nd best wr in the game!!!!

*** We drove thru canada home. ty god they didn't take our nintendos at the border. we almost got caught in some traffic in detroit car show thinking it was a tunnel entrance. After the tourney me and mort played a little season mode at O'dells house. Nice crib man. ty for invited us. we forgot our molson candian beer (good thing as we could not bring over the border anyways). i think we got 4 games in b4 odell had to hit the hay. LONG LIVE TECMO

Edited by red98sethuthut

***TSB-GoD: Up to your old antics. respect the game. stop trolling the streams. people like chris v. put lot of effort in streaming games so people who cant make it can watch the games for no cost. i had no idea Knobbee does not stream his tourney because people trolling the chats. show

I doubt that was TSB God. Could have been anyone...that's sort of the problem.

For the record I'm not opposed to streaming my tournament...I simply am not going to make an effort to do so on top of everything else that goes into putting on the event.