yo, TBK... you Tecmo Super Brawl?!?! talking 'bout P-TOWN THROWDOWN!!!

manYo

man, that place does sound valhalla-like, gotta check it out soon...... but I'm not going down for tourneys on football sundays, no way....... TBK, you need to go and talk them into doing tourneys after NFL season, at least!  or on saturdays.

anybody else up north in PNW heard anything from Another Castle lately?  their "monthly" tecmo tourneys they announced a year or 2 ago seems to have evaporated into no tourneys at all... unless they're being all secretive about it to keep us ringers out.... kamp or stu need to stop by to shake em down and find out!

TBK, you been hound dogging me to do a winter tourney?!... well, nothing solid on that yet, but this post came across my twitter, thought you might be interested in defending your self-proclaimed Best in P-Town Crown (besides grip, of course)......

Keep us updated!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1001730483176094/#

I'm gonna make an appearance on Dec 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If I woulda' known about this $#!t sooner instead of finding out about it today, I woulda' gone YESTERDAY and mopped up ALL the comp at Ground Control................................SH!T.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes....................I got there and it was postponed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........till next Sunday.....(which worked cuzz the Seahawks were on)......and that's when I took it apon myself to tell everybody who was workin there that their talkin' to the CHAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......and if they enjoy blowouts, they'll enjoy watching me eliminate everybody they put in front of me..............it's gonna be a massacre.

For those interested, TBK and I went to the Ground Kontrol tournament last night, here's how it went down.

I showed up at a little after 5 to sign up. When you sign up, you write down two teams. When you get scheduled vs your opponent, you both play each other with your first team chosen. If it's the same team, then the latter person to sign up plays with their second team. I asked for clarification on it, to confirm that there's no incentive to choose a bad team. They're like "Nope, you just play with whatever team you sign up as, so everybody is gonna want the Raiders." I write down 49ers and Oilers.

I leave and go get good and loaded at my bar. Come back around 5:40 and see the guy running sign-ups. We shoot the shit for a bit, he says last week they only had two people sign up, but this week there is "a lot more." One of them is signed up as Tailback King. He wrote down Phoenix Cardinals as his first team and "/ / / / / / " as his second.

Tournament begins. Four people are signed up. So the first round is also the semi-finals. Best 2 out of 3. I get paired with a guy named Sebastian, TBK gets a guy named TJ.

Sebastian chose the Steelers as his first team, while I have the Niners. TBK chose Phoenix and TJ chose Jets. I won my first game 72-0 (we reset midway through the 4th), and won my second game 33-0 (we stopped at halftime). TBK won his games like 44-0 and 35-0 or something. Not sure if these guys had ever played since 1991. 

For the finals, I decide to at least make it interesting and choose Tampa against TBK's Cardinals. At this point we're both pretty drunk, so I don't remember the fine details, but I won 14-10 or something. Haddix made it to the ball 4 or 5 times but got no picks, but I made stops on the run.

For the second game, I chose ATL vs PHX. Deion housed a fumble 97 yards for a TD to open the game. We went into OT, he won the toss but got stopped on downs. I drove down and kicked a winning field goal despite it appearing to go wide-left.

I got $20 in Ground Kontrol cash, he gets $10. This will pay part of our bar tabs next week, and we'll continue to use those to bankroll the entire series of tournaments.

We're really hoping to recruit some more people. They aren't doing much to get the word out, and there isn't a big online scene in Portland yet. You Washington folks should make a Portland trip soon!

I leave and go get good and loaded at my bar. Come back around 5:40 and see the guy running sign-ups. We shoot the shit for a bit, he says last week they only had two people sign up, but this week there is "a lot more." One of them is signed up as Tailback King. He wrote down Phoenix Cardinals as his first team and "/ / / / / / " as his second.

lmaoooo!!!

Tailback King should bring some of his posse next time..... and where's Da Professor at?!?  I'm doubtful for Jan. 11, if that's the next one (?)... but January 18th or 25th, I'm in.

Very interesting.

I'll be in the area in March because of all things the Juliana Hatfield 3 (seriously, my life in the early '90s can be defined as TSB, followed by the JH3) have reunited and are playing in Seattle the 11th and PDX the 12th.

What does it all mean? If there were a tournament on the 9th, that's when I'll be passing through on the way north. The 13th probably wouldn't work for me because I have to get all the way to Napa by the 14th for the next show.

Seriously, if Portland wants to have a TSB event on March 9, I will figure it out and be there.

Very interesting.

I'll be in the area in March because of all things the Juliana Hatfield 3 (seriously, my life in the early '90s can be defined as TSB, followed by the JH3) have reunited and are playing in Seattle the 11th and PDX the 12th.

What does it all mean? If there were a tournament on the 9th, that's when I'll be passing through on the way north. The 13th probably wouldn't work for me because I have to get all the way to Napa by the 14th for the next show.

Seriously, if Portland wants to have a TSB event on March 9, I will figure it out and be there.

I won't be available on the 9th, a Monday... but if you do find anytime on the 13th, I can probably make something work in the evening time, but it would have to be in Centralia (halfway between Seattle and Portland on I-5), we could do a best-of-7 series or something like that, you and I.

PM me if interested

Edited by manYo

lmaoooo!!!

Tailback King should bring some of his posse next time..... and where's Da Professor at?!?  I'm doubtful for Jan. 11, if that's the next one (?)... but January 18th or 25th, I'm in.

The Prof moved to Oly. He should still make the trip, though.

I'd like to make it down for one of these, though.

received a msg via carrier pigeon from TBK tonite, says............

This is when the next Portland Tourney is………..     ~T.K.             {Jan 18th @ 5:00 pm @ Ground Control}

FULL STOP

I'm likely to head south for that, gotta figure out a loose end first tho...... if anyone up north wants to stop by and climb in my car for the rest of the trip, by all means hombres!

Hey guys - Daniel from Ground Kontrol here!

Just wanted to post up on this board and confirm that we WILL be hosting the next Tecmo Super Brawl this Sunday, the 18th.

Signups start at 5pm and first kickoff is at 6!  Let's make this one the best yet!  Bring your friends!

The Seahawks game is at noon and will be over by then, and we will also be showing the AFC Championship, so no need to worry about missing that game.

Oh, and Matt - sorry for the miscommunication on the Facebook page - we'll get it right next time.

See you all on Sunday.  Game on!