diggin those Brownies: what I get out of tecmo

Green Majik

sounds like a good way to practice my short comings. Defense and Special teams. I can run and throw all day long but sometimes its hard to get that stop or make something happen on ST. I shall take your idea and probably play it! 

My original Idea was to just have my buddy come over and always play defense while he always played offense (since he needs to bulk up his basic skill as well). 

Not a bad blog post btw.

Thanks for reading, Compton. I've done about six of these seasons so far and I can tell you, I no longer complain about just sneaking into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. The poor Brownies went 6-10 I believe. So prepare to lose a lot! Like in week ~15 when I kept the Oilers at bay for 3 1/2 quarters but Moon snuck out a TD in the end to seal the deal. It'll happen. I can't imagine how painful it will be when I eventually do one of these seasons with say, the Colts.

nice blog read and D-season with Cle! I do those defensive seasons with my league teams for preseasons sometimes.  Teams are more stacked so playoffs are assured, but I sure do lose my share of playoff games.

Won last Superbowl I played 12-7 on a 96 yard punt return TD on the last play of the game.  I don't think I've ever been so juiced by beating the CPU since I was like 14 years old :)

anyway nice read on your personal blog, I think I'll borrow your idea and asked to buried with my TSB copy one day too!

Thanks for reading, J. I definitely feel like every victory is earned, even if I win in an INT fest blow-out win of like 25-0. You learn more by losing, I say. Best to do that against the computer when it doesn't count, than in a live tournament where it does!

Thanks for reading, Compton. I've done about six of these seasons so far and I can tell you, I no longer complain about just sneaking into the playoffs with a 9-7 record. The poor Brownies went 6-10 I believe. So prepare to lose a lot! Like in week ~15 when I kept the Oilers at bay for 3 1/2 quarters but Moon snuck out a TD in the end to seal the deal. It'll happen. I can't imagine how painful it will be when I eventually do one of these seasons with say, the Colts.

Yeah... i'll probably get to it after I finish out this juiced season i'm doing. Though... I at least want to win a superbowl on a juiced rom first before I even start thinking about doing defense training vs the COM. It WILL come though. I always use the broncos =) but maybe after playing a few seasons on DEF/ST only i'll move to something like the colts as well. 

Actually never played with Browns much back in the day, but of my 9 career wins at Madison, 3 are with the Browns, thus the nickname, under rated tourney team

I hadn't played with the Browms much either, up until this point, which adds a lot of fun in of itself. As Mort wrote on his blog once, choosing the Browns in a match-up is all about "What can QB Browns do for you." Well, in a 'defense + special teams season,' this gets turned on its head a bit! The only thing Bernie will be burnin' is picking up those COM onside kicks in the 4th quarter.

If you like the Brownies feel free to check out my TSB pinterest page. I like to 'pin' player pics for whichever team I am playing with at the moment. 

This pic of Tecmo Clay is my fave right now.462674561692849107

Nice blog post. My college buddies and I did a few of the DST seasons but never manned up with a shitty team. Pretty much stuck to the good PK/KR teams like Pit or NO.

Loved the Score '91 cards at the bottom. That was my favorite set of cards as a kid because of the TSB connection. I actually littered the walls around our Tecmo TV in college with those cards as a shrine to the Tecmo gods. Furthermore I made myself a shirt of my Tecmo Top 36 featuring mostly cards from that set that I only wear once a year to Tecmo Madison. Had to stray from the Score '91 cards for three players though: Jim Kelly (guess he didn't want his name associated with anything to do with pop culture), Dave Waymer (don't know why the set excluded him), and of course Bob Nelson (why would they think to include him).

Anyways, cool read. Keep it up man.