Tecmo Super Bowl Greatest Hits of the 80's Rom

qbvikings

Everybody loves a good greatest hits of the 80's every now and then... so I figured Tecmo Super Bowl could use one.

Here I present to you each franchise's greatest team of the 80's!

They are:

1988 Bills: The beginning of the K-Gun offense and dominant defense that would lead to 4 straight Super Bowls.

1987 Colts: The biggest trade of the 80's sent Eric Dickerson to the Colts too bad the rest of the team sucks.

1984 Dolphins: Most prolific passing offense of the 80's and underrated defense. Only Super Joe could stop them. Strock is not black, he is tan.

1985 Patriots: Yeah there was another team in the 85 Super Bowl. The end result not so good. Can you beat the 85 Bears with this team?

1982 Jets: Freeman McNeil is a BEAST! Richard Todd likes to throw picks. Solid defense.

1988 Bengals: Boomer and Ickey, Eddie Brown and Chris Collinsworth lead a great offense with a dangerous ability to play fake. Don't get sucked in. 

1986 Browns: Likely the reason for Kosar's alcohol issues. Great team bad fumble.

1980 Oilers: Campbell is a BEAST. Stabler is old and broken down, not mobile. Nasty defense.

1984 Steelers: Hey, had to pick a Steelers team from the 80's and this one made it to the championship game. Malone had a cool mustache.

1986 Broncos: Elway is AMAZING and is the reason this team is great.

1986 Chiefs: Bill Kenney one of the most underrated passers of all time and stud receivers.

1983 Raiders: Marcus Allen and crew wrecked the Redskins in the Super Bowl and then the Soviet Union called and asked Reagan to dismantle Marcus Allen.

1981 Chargers: 2nd most prolific passing team of the 80's. Mediocre defense. You will need to put up 35 to win.

1984 Seahawks: Best Hawk team of the 80's. Largent and Kreig can put up some serious numbers.

1982 Redskins: Theisman and Riggins at their best. Have fun steamrolling with Riggins play after play.

1986 Giants: 2nd best defense of the 80's. Phil Simms and a solid offense help too.

1980 Eagles: Ron Jaworski actually was a player once and got his team to a Super Bowl.

1984 Cardinals: Ahh what could have been... Just beat the Cowboys 2nd stringers and in. Lomax and crew weren't up to the challenge. Great offense can compete with anyone on a good day.

1980 Cowboys: Danny White's first year of disappointing fans when it mattered most. Awesome team that couldn't win in the clutch.

1985 Bears: Best ever? McMahon, Sweetness, Dent, Singletary. If you can't pitch a few shut outs with these guys you need to improve your skills.

1983 Lions: Billy Sims, Eric Hipple and crew got to the playoffs and got obliterated.

1989 Packers: The Majik Man at his peak. Sterling Sharpe and Tim Harris make this a very fun, competitive team.

1987 Vikings: AC and Wade Wilson are lethal. Almost made it to the Super Bowl but got sent home by Doug Williams.

1981 Bucs: Speaking of Doug Williams... Here he is as a Buc with a crappy offense and an awesome defense.

1989 49ers: Best team from the team of the 80's. Joe, Jerry, Ronnie, Roger, Steve, JT, Haley...  You should not be allowed to use this team in head to head play.

1989 Rams: Chris (I mean Jim) leads a dynamic pass offense with speedy receivers. If the 49ers weren't there who knows what this team could have done.

1987 Saints: First Saints playoff team led by the Rajin Cajun Bobby Hebert and a stout running game and defense.

1980 Falcons: Steve Bratkowski and company will surprise you with how good they are. Team full of offensive weapons.

Have fun with the rom. Ratings are pretty high so that the game will play fast (it's a video game folks). 

Too many hacks to mention, so thank you to all.

WARNING: In-Game playbooks do not work and will shut down DO NOT USE in-game playbooks it will freeze the game. 

TecmoSuper80sGreatest Hits.nes

Nice work, I didn't look too closely but good for you for putting something together. For me, it's WAY too juicy but I'm sure tons of people will love it and if you love it that's all that matters. 

I've been slowly working on one also. Nothing fancy with the rom itself, just player ratings and names. Anyway, it's made in the "spirit" of the Original Tecmo Bowl, but of course on the Tecmo Super Bowl format. I probably need some help with it as far as smoothing the ratings and even possibly names and race. I haven't committed a ton of time into it consistently so sometimes I kind of forgot where I was with it. 

Anyway, it consists basically of: 

• 28 Teams (Not just the original 12)
  • 1987ish rosters. I don't know Tecmo Bowl like I know TSB but it appears players spanned anywhere from 1986-1988. 
  • In regards to the original 12 teams. More care was put into those ratings and positions to duplicate the "feel" of Tecmo Bowl. 

It's probably been done before but I didn't see it on the site but I think it's a decent start. Anyway, check it out if you have 5 minutes to burn. I'm not going to post an official thread for it until I feel better about it. 

tecmo_super_bowl_1987.zip

Nice work, I didn't look too closely but good for you for putting something together. For me, it's WAY too juicy but I'm sure tons of people will love it and if you love it that's all that matters. 

I've been slowly working on one also. Nothing fancy with the rom itself, just player ratings and names. Anyway, it's made in the "spirit" of the Original Tecmo Bowl, but of course on the Tecmo Super Bowl format. I probably need some help with it as far as smoothing the ratings and even possibly names and race. I haven't committed a ton of time into it consistently so sometimes I kind of forgot where I was with it. 

Anyway, it consists basically of: 

• 28 Teams (Not just the original 12)

1987ish rosters. I don't know Tecmo Bowl like I know TSB but it appears players spanned anywhere from 1986-1988. 

In regards to the original 12 teams. More care was put into those ratings and positions to duplicate the "feel" of Tecmo Bowl. 

It's probably been done before but I didn't see it on the site but I think it's a decent start. Anyway, check it out if you have 5 minutes to burn. I'm not going to post an official thread for it until I feel better about it. 

Nice work! Here's my 87 with pretty accurate rosters. Feel free to tweak ratings to your liking.

TecmoSuperBowl1987.nes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...