Minimum units needed for LL board

Green Majik

We have all found out at one point or another that on the League Leader board there can never be more than 1 QB per team represented. In fact, there are generally less than 1 QB-per-team represented at the end of a season; I'm guessing injuries causing QBs on the same team to split time lead to not enough stats for even 1 guy to make the Leader board.

Well, I ran into an interesting Leader Board situation following a "All Defense + Special Teams" season with the Jets. Because I never used clock time on offense (only FG or punts allowed), I received a lot of punts, and so nearly all my skill position players saw action. I also tried to go with the hot hand for KRs. At the end of the season, some returners in either category made the leader board, and others didn't. Why?!?! I wondered.

Here are the stats for returns:

KR

Mathis 3 ret / 28 Avg (good enough for 1st but unranked)

Boyer 10 ret / 22 Avg (2nd)

Thomas 7 ret / 18.5 Avg (good enough for t15th but unranked)

Hector 8 ret / 16.7 Avg (26th)

McNeil 6 ret / 13.1 Avg (--)

Baxter 5 ret / 13 Avg (--)

Moore 5 ret / 10 Avg (--)

Toon 3 ret / 8.3 Avg (--)

PR

Toon 5 ret / 9.8 Avg (good enough for t14th but unranked)

Thomas 4 ret / 9.7 Avg (good enough for 16th but unranked)

McNeil 10 ret / 8.8 Avg (18th)

Moore 5 ret / 8.8 Avg (good enough for t20th but unranked)

Wellsandt 6 ret / 6.6 Avg (good enough for 30th but unranked)

Baxter 12 ret / 5.8 Avg (t28th)

Hector 11 ret / 5.8 Avg (t28th)

Boyer 7 ret / 4.1 Avg (--)

Mathis 2 ret / 4 Avg (--)

The first thing I noticed was that McNeil & Moore had the same PR Avg, McNeil made the board and Moore did not. Ok, the number of returns needed to make the board must be between 5 and 10 I figured.

Then I looked at KR and saw that Thomas was unranked with 7 returns, despite having a higher Avg than Hector, who had 8. This means that 8 returns are needed (at least for Kicks) to make the Leader board.

The other thing you might be wondering is, where's JJ Townsell in all of this?! My answer: he refused to return kicks. What a diva!