William Perry ratings

Martin

those ratings were put there for us!  as a template for us to see what different combinations could do.  

these days, who other than all-pro DL Ndamukong Suh could fit the "typo template" that Bob Nelson gave us so long ago?  and what better ratings for a beast like Suh would work at NT position?

post-5602-0-33674700-1408559838_thumb.pn

Edited by buck

those ratings were put there for us!  as a template for us to see what different combinations could do.  attachicon.gifdong.png

these days, who other than all-pro DL Ndamukong Suh could fit the "typo template" that Bob Nelson gave us so long ago?  and what better ratings for a beast like Suh would work at NT position?

attachicon.gifdong.png

As a hardcore Lions fan, I approve of this message. However, Suh's HP should be 75 :D

Edited by TSBforever

Only Dan Saleaumua followed the same rating profile with lower RP than RS as Perry.

The main range of RS for defenders is 25-44. The RP range is 31-56.

We know that RS = initial speed, RP = acceleration, and MS + 100 = Maximum Speed.

It probably seemed natural to make the faster guys accelerate faster which is why most every defender has a RS with a higher RP.

Perry's ratings give him a relatively high initial speed coupled with a lower acceleration and bottom of the barrel top speed.  Given his celebrity status and physical attributes this was probably done on purpose. 

It's conceivable that they might have made more guys with lower RP than RS and ran out of time.  That would also explain the Lonnie Youngs and Bob Nelsons of the world.

I do get how the ratings work.

That kind of rating tendencies are interesting though. How most FBs have a RS rating of 44 instead of the more common 38, or how bad/average defensive players have one notch of RP more than RS while good players have two notches, etc.

I did a "remix ratings"-ROM a while ago, just to see what different combinations could do. For example, the WRs were rated 19/original MS/original RS with the different ratings renamed:

post-11341-0-84763200-1408561933_thumb.j

Trying the Perry-profile for all defensive linemen now, setting MS to 19 and swapping RS and RP.

one interesting thing on the 1993 SNES TSB, which runs a very similar (clone) physics/ratings engine as NES TSB, is that ALL WR (with a couple of rare exceptions) have 31 RS.

also, on that version, they rated OL with different RS than 25, even some 44, like a fullback.  in general on the SNES TSB, defenses are rated slightly faster than NES TSB, too.

I actually like the 1993 SNES ratings being played on the NES version.  it feels pretty good.  See my thread of the 1993 SNES to NES TSB port rom.

Edited by buck

No game changer, just noticed that Perry's ratings is different that all other defensive players. The only one with higher RS than RP. Unusually low MS, as well.

attachicon.gifwilliam perry.jpg

You REALLY want your mind boggled???  Try using 6'3 230 lb. Phoenix Cardinals superback Johnny Johnson!!!  Incase you never heard the legendary myth, Johnson is a rare breed of player who's stats don't even get close to telling the story of how seriously phenominal he is...There were only a chosen few who aquired the fabled "hidden stats"!!!  Try the Cardinals and switch all the run plays to tosses and sweeps to Johnson, and the last run play run him right up the gut...see what happens...I dare you...and after you run for 300+ yards in one half, stick um in the top wideout spot, and you'll see him do amazing things receiving the ball as well...You'll find that no offensive player can touch em', in any facett of the game.  

• 4 months later...

I love ratings that clearly mimic reality, and that's what they did with William Perry. They are clearly intentional, whereas Nelson and Young are not. They didn't call him the Fridge for nothing. Giving Suh Nelson's ratings doesn't make sense because it's only 56hp. Suh should have Jerry Ball's numbers exactly, the Lions clearly have a type there.