1993 TSB SNES ported to NES! - ROM inside

buck

Were you still jamming on the NES back in 1993?  

Were you pissed that Tecmo made Tecmo Super Bowl only for the so-called "Super" Nintendo (SNES)?

Or, did you think that the SNES version sucked because it just "felt weird"?

Do you want to play an "official" 1993 Tecmo Super Bowl game - the game that should have been?  

Do you want to play with QB CHIEFS on your NES emulator?

THEN, THIS NES ROM IS FOR YOU.   ROM download link below, at bottom of post.  It plays great.

1993 TECMO SUPER BOWL - "SUPER" NINTENDO TO "8-BIT" NINTENDO CONVERSION ROM

THIS ROM REPRESENTS WHAT TECMO COULD HAVE MADE for the NES LUDDITES back in 1993

"1993 Tecmo Super Bowl" for the NES, INSTEAD of the SUPER NINTENDO.  

**FEATURES**

@ ROSTERS/RATINGS/PLAYBOOKS/TEAMS DIRECTLY COPIED (except for bench DBs) from SNES TSB 1

@ TEAM COLORS are DEFAULT NES COLORS

@ SCHEDULE had to be SLIGHTLY MODIFIED (SNES was 18 WEEKS) SCHEDULE is EXACT SAME TEAMS and NUMBER of GAMES as SNES.

@ PRO-BOWL ROSTERS/PLAYBOOKS UPDATED

@ THERE ARE ALSO SOME VERY BASIC GAME UPGRADES THAT TECMO PROBABLY WOULD HAVE INCLUDED IN THIS VERSION - SEE BELOW

**UPGRADES**

@ QB "PASS ACCURACY" FIX (like SNES)

@ PLAYER 2 "PHYSICAL CONDITION" PROPERLY DISPLAYED FIX (like SNES)

@ SHOW STATISTICS SCREEN at HALFTIME (like SNES)

@ YEARS CHANGED to 1993 (like SNES)

@ TIGHT-END SIM/SKP STATS are now CORRECTLY CALCULATED

@ ABILITY TO CHANGE TEAM PLAYBOOK DURING a GAME (like SNES)

@ MAN-CONTROLLED TEAM CAN BE "2ND-PLAYER" VERSUS a COM/SKP TEAM (PRESEASON and SEASON MODE)

@ REPETITIVE MENU MUSIC (like SNES)...just kidding - it worked, but I found it way too annoying

**NOTES**

@ QUICKNESS STILL DOES NOTHING (like NES and SNES)

@ KR and PR RETURN SPEED STILL COMES FROM RT and SS (like SNES)

@ SORRY, NO WEATHER OR QUARTER-LENGTH ADJUSTMENT

**CREDITS**

tecmobowl.org forum members:

xplozv - developed halftime stat screen hack; MAN as 2nd player hack

jstout - developed pass accuracy hack; 2P condition fix hack; te sim fix hack

cxrom - developed the in-game playbook change ability hack

BAD_AL - created the TSB TOOL application

buck - concept; did the work and everything else

with love,

buck

1993 TSB 1 SNES to NES port.nes

1993 SNES-2-NES TECMO SUPER BOWL PORT NOTES.txt

Edited by buck

son of a motherfucker!  thanks, buck!!

and will you be dishing out a 2014-15, this year?

all kinds of stuff might get dished.  

I've been working on "normal" tsb 14-15 ratings and rosters the last couple of weeks.  if tb.org wants to use it they can.  shit is coming correct, imo.  my best "normal" ratings I've ever done.

I had to set the street rom (32 team, in progress) down for a little while, but sometime next week I will get back on it.

I also might drop the new plays/slot-defense rom that I've had for the last year or so.  still some tweaking to do on it, because I want to use "standard" tsb physics/timing instead of some arbitrary world I created.

This is AWESOME! Time to take QBVIKINGS to the super bowl!

yeah, the Vikings are a cool team.  I started a season with them last night, am now 6-0 (stock playbook, reverse and all!), with a good/excellent Terry Allen leading the way.  they have some nasty defenders, too.

Were you still jamming on the NES back in 1993?  

Were you pissed that Tecmo made Tecmo Super Bowl only for the so-called "Super" Nintendo (SNES)?

Or, did you think that the SNES version sucked because it just "felt weird"?

Do you want to play an "official" 1993 Tecmo Super Bowl game - the game that should have been?  

Do you want to play with QB CHIEFS on your NES emulator?

THEN, THIS NES ROM IS FOR YOU.   ROM download link below, at bottom of post.  It plays great.

1993 TECMO SUPER BOWL - "SUPER" NINTENDO TO "8-BIT" NINTENDO CONVERSION ROM

THIS ROM REPRESENTS WHAT TECMO COULD HAVE MADE for the NES LUDDITES back in 1993

"1993 Tecmo Super Bowl" for the NES, INSTEAD of the SUPER NINTENDO.  

**FEATURES**

@ ROSTERS/RATINGS/PLAYBOOKS/TEAMS DIRECTLY COPIED (except for bench DBs) from SNES TSB 1

@ TEAM COLORS are DEFAULT NES COLORS

@ SCHEDULE had to be SLIGHTLY MODIFIED (SNES was 18 WEEKS) SCHEDULE is EXACT SAME TEAMS and NUMBER of GAMES as SNES.

@ PRO-BOWL ROSTERS/PLAYBOOKS UPDATED

@ THERE ARE ALSO SOME VERY BASIC GAME UPGRADES THAT TECMO PROBABLY WOULD HAVE INCLUDED IN THIS VERSION - SEE BELOW

**UPGRADES**

@ QB "PASS ACCURACY" FIX (like SNES)

@ PLAYER 2 "PHYSICAL CONDITION" PROPERLY DISPLAYED FIX (like SNES)

@ SHOW STATISTICS SCREEN at HALFTIME (like SNES)

@ YEARS CHANGED to 1993 (like SNES)

@ TIGHT-END SIM/SKP STATS are now CORRECTLY CALCULATED

@ ABILITY TO CHANGE TEAM PLAYBOOK DURING a GAME (like SNES)

@ MAN-CONTROLLED TEAM CAN BE "2ND-PLAYER" VERSUS a COM/SKP TEAM (PRESEASON and SEASON MODE)

@ REPETITIVE MENU MUSIC (like SNES)...just kidding - it worked, but I found it way too annoying

**NOTES**

@ QUICKNESS STILL DOES NOTHING (like NES and SNES)

@ KR and PR RETURN SPEED STILL COMES FROM RT and SS (like SNES)

@ SORRY, NO WEATHER OR QUARTER-LENGTH ADJUSTMENT

**CREDITS**

tecmobowl.org forum members:

xplozv - developed halftime stat screen hack; MAN as 2nd player hack

jstout - developed pass accuracy hack; 2P condition fix hack; te sim fix hack

cxrom - developed the in-game playbook change ability hack

BAD_AL - created the TSB TOOL application

buck - concept; did the work and everything else

with love,

buck

attachicon.gif1993 TSB 1 SNES to NES port.nes

attachicon.gif1993 SNES-2-NES TECMO SUPER BOWL PORT NOTES.txt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aLtGwHqX8M

I didn't check the overall number of games, but the Rams play twice during Week 3.

thanks.

check the readme or the 1st post.  the snes version had 18 weeks. the nes can only handle 17 weeks, 14 games per week.

I had to compress the snes schedule to work in 17 weeks.  basically, I started at week 1 and cut/pasted the games from week 2 to max week 1 out at 14 games.  I repeated this process, increasing the week, until I moved it enough to fit.  I think I caught up by week 6 or so. 

again, each team plays 16 games.  each team plays the exact same team that they played on the snes schedule.  I had to tweak it to fit, and that means that some teams will play 2 games per week, early on. 

yes, I could have spent too much time totally revising the schedule to make no teams play more than once per week, but I did not care to do that.  I did a quick and easy fix.

Edited by buck

my first season with this game.

16-0.  won last two games without RB Terry Allen

STOCK Viking PLAYBOOKS (reverses and shit)

469 pts for, 136 pts against

QB VIKINGS 103/170 pass 31 td, 11 int, 2666 yds. 32/160 rush, 4td

Terry Allen 128/1474, 24 td. 7/270 rec 4 td

Audray McMillian, 10 sack, 9 int

Doleman 12 sack

---

won it all.  vikings are a solid team.

Edited by buck

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/1993/games.htm

interesting, in 1993 there were actually 18 weeks of regular season NFL football.  which explains why 1993 SNES has 18 weeks.  However, the NES TSB version is limited (hardcoded) to 17 weeks.  

so, I had 3 strategies to address this issue in this particular/unique ROM release....

1. The schedule process that is presently being used - I shifted all of the games up to "remove" week 18.  this means that the games are in 1993 SNES order of arrangement, but there are some teams that happen to play two games in one "week".

2. tweaking the schedule further so that there will be no teams playing two games in one week.  However, a good number of games will be played out of order using this process.  (EDIT - this will not work, I have tried it...)

3.  completely re-organizing the schedule without care of game/week order. (this is not historically accurate at all, so forget it)

I went with #1 originally because it was quick and easy.  Here tonight, I have been working, using a spreadsheet, on Strategy #2 and have found that it is inevitable that games will be shifted out of order from the original 1993 SNES schedule....

EDIT...and I have now concluded that it is (close to?) impossible to do this Option 2 by just shifting games and not rearranging the schedule altogether.  There are still games that will spill over into Week 18.

Conclusion:   Strategy #1 (the one I initially did because it was easy) is the only way to go.  No need to update or fret.  You will just have to live with the fact that a couple of the teams may  play two games in one week (the rams are one of them, apparently).  this is not very frequent, so ehh, no big deal.  have fun.

Edited by buck

Looks like there is probably a way to add a week on to the nes version. But it might be painful as it looks like adding a week might require changing a lot of pointer references. And Tsbtool wouldn't support it...yet... making it a pain. 

I wonder what the deal was in 1993 having 18 weeks?  seems to be an NFL anomaly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my 2nd season with this game:

...with the bitches of the AFC West: SEA Seahawks

15-0-1, default PBks 

26.6 ppg, 11.4 papg

SB champ, 20-17 over 49ers

QB McGwire 2757, 65%, 27/11 TD/INT, 34/182 2 TD rush

RB Warren 113/1136 21 TD rush, 39/645 7 TD rec

FS Robinson 4 INT, 7 sack

surprisingly, freak NT Kennedy didn't help me much. only had 5 sacks.

FS Eugene Robinson is solid.  Chris Warren was overrated at 56 MS.

my 3rd season:  .

= The "GUNSLINGER" Challenge = All Brett Favre all the time, no runs, no scrambles, no kicks, no punts, passing only - with your mom's favorite penis, Brett Favre.  

stock playbooks.  

Usually, I normally returned special teams and turnovers.

went 16-0, won super bowl, had to reset against DAL in playoffs because they were seriously car jacking me.

cool stat - at WEEK 6, Sterling Sharpe had 20 rec for 20 TD.

Team Stats:

37.7 ppg, 13.4 papg

QB Favre:  182/295, 5117 yds, 81 TD, 18 INT.

WR Sharpe: 69/2779 49 TD

RB Thompson 1 TD

RB Bennett 4 TD

RB Wilson 4 TD

WR Clayton 8 TD

TE Harris 35/988 15 TD

WR Brooks KR avg 11.8, PR avg 16.8 1 TD

LE Reggie White had 24 sacks and a TD in a playoff game (fumble rec in EZ)

Challenge was a lot of fun, but was not very difficult.  Brett Favre is a cool QB in this game, and Sterling Sharpe is still a bad ass.