NBA Live 15 Hardwood Classic Edition

Dr B

a4sgIqu.jpg

an NBA Live '96 Sega Genesis Rom Modification

FEATURES

Player Modifications:

- All players renamed/replaced with current NBA players for 2014-2015 season based on ratings/skillsets (i.e. Jordan became LeBron)

- Player numbers and appearances updated

NOTE: Players have NOT been re-rated.  I was aiming more to keep the classic game play than to make the ratings the same as NBA 2k15.  If a player is dominating games that shouldn't be, post below and I'll update things in the next version.

Roster Modifications:

- All teams with 12 current players

- Depth charts based on information from nba.com and realgm.com

- Rosters updated through 10/3/2014

- All-Star teams updated with 2013-2014 rosters

Team Modifications:

- All team names, cities and stadium names updated

- New Orleans Pelicans replace Custom Blockers 

- Rookies and Sophomores teams replace Custom Jammers and Slammers

Palette/Color Modifications:

- All team jersey colors updated

- All court colors updated

NOTE: Updating actual on-court logos requires editing the rom's graphics and is not part of this modification.

Known Issues and Future Releases:

- Stat tracking during seasons is currently messed up.  I'm assuming this has to do with some of the unknown "?" stats and ratings in the editor I used.  I will try to figure this out for the next release

- The Custom Stealers team has been replaced by a Prospects team.  As the season progresses and we learn more about the upcoming draft I'll fill these team up with the top draft prospects

INSTRUCTIONS

The ZIP file contains a BIN file (the game file) an SRM file (SRAM/save file) and a readme.

The SRAM contains information such as depth chart moves and player trades, Grizzlies/Raptors rosters, custom team rosters, and season/playoff save infromation.  If the SRAM does not load correctly you will be prompted to go through the expansion draft prior to playing or editing rosters and Pelicans players will be scattered across several teams.  Please see the readme.txt file for instructions on how to set the SRAM up correctly.

NOTE: If you replace/upgrade your SRAM with future updates you will lose any season/playoff progress.  I will try to make updates that will keep this from happening but always back up your SRAM file before replacing it.

Edited by Dr B

One of the problems with EA sports titles is that they compressed graphics. If you can figure which style that they did it in and where they compressed them to its easy to edit. Problem is that there are at least 4 different ways to compress, at least when i looked into gens editing, and that in itself makes EA graphic editing a headache. Though im so interested in learning this as the nba live series for snes and gens were always my favorites.

Edited by drunken_honkey

Yeah, changing graphics is definitely not going to be easy.  I'm not really sure where to start in order to pull it off but the NHL 94/pixelpuck guys figured it out.  That being said, palette changes can go a long way.  I found some more and updated the original post.

Edited by rjb2585

What's the recommended emulator for using the save state? I tried Gens but didn't really see a way to load this....or does it just autoload when you put it in the SRAM directory?

I think gens uses a different default file name for their SRAMs. I was using fusion and that's te SRAM it produced. Go into the gens directories menu and see where it saves/loads SRAMs then find the .srm file it created (I think gens shortens the file name and throws an "01" on the end) just rename the one in the zip file to that name and replace it. If you can't find an SRAM saved anywhere then make sure that the option to use SRAMs in enabled (it might be somewhere under options but I'm not sure because I don't have it in front of me right now). Make sure it's enabled and an SRAM should be created when you close gens.

Edited by rjb2585

• 4 weeks later...

Rom/first post updated.  This update includes edited uniforms and court colors for all teams and all players are now edited.  Still working on newly drafted players and roster moves that will come through the off-season.  Ultimately I want to try to decompress and edit graphics if I can manage to figure out how.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant get it to work.  Played some Streets of rage 3 to see how to get the emulator to work.  That worked right away.  Is it cause your file a RAR file? 

Yeah you have to unpack the rar file and play the .bin file.  Should have a fully updated version ready sometime next month for the pre-season.

• 3 weeks later...

You have current rosters?  Wiggins and Bennett to Wolves for Love?  Bucks traded Delfino and Raduljica to Clippers for Dudley.  I hope Jabari Parker has the best rookie rating for the Bucks.  NBA2k15 gave him the best rating over all the rookies. Lin to the Lakers and Asik to Pelicans.

ROBZ: Rosters are all updated through 10/3 using realgm.com but only 12 players per team so a few guys are left off here and there.  If I remember correctly the overall on Jabari and Wiggins is the same with Parker having better shooting ratings and Wiggins with better defense and dunking.  I have a few more palette edits to make but it should be ready in a week or 2.