New online TSB III league - takers?

deadfaulkner

I just want to put some feelers out there about who might be interested in an online TSB III league with a commitment of around one game per week.  This is purely in the planning stage at this point, but if there's enough interest, it can get off the ground pretty fast.

Here's the general idea, though this might be subject to change - a draft-based league where the player pool at each position will be randomly generated from a database of all TSB III players.  Let's say we have ten guys; a program that we've designed will select 20 quarterbacks, 40 running backs, etc, at random, and this will be the available pool of players for the draft. 

Coaches will be given a budget to bid on players during the draft.  Players will have no pre-assigned value; each is worth however much some coach is willing to spend on him, so if you can land Bubba McDowell for a buck, then more power to you.

The winning bid will determine that player's salary for the season.  Salaries for each player will go up every offseason, but your budget won't. New players will be incorporated into the Free Agents pool.  So, each offseason, you'll need to decide which players to keep and which players to cut to clear up cap room. 

The idea was come up with by Lou Fonovic, the People's Champion of the NFTGL, so I'm just summarizing it here.  But, how about a show of hands - who might like to give such a league a run?

I would love to join if it's a go.

You guys should make a Skype get together if it's possible. Everyone to call in for a group call chat

Good deal, and I like your idea.  At the moment we have six interested parties, including you - we want to get to at least ten.  If we get something close to that level of interest, we'll set up a Skype convo to talk about getting the league off the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...