How to play Defense?

Nysotonic

• 4 weeks later...

Take the Giants... select Lawrence Taylor... destroy everything!

In all seriousness though, you just gotta practice and figure out what your most comfortable position is and how you like to attack.  In most cases I use the bottom inside linebacker and blitz every play... If it's a run, I hopefully can get the rb on the way to the qb.  I rarely (if ever) pick run plays because I'm much more confident in my ability to stop the run than I am to stop the pass if I guess wrong.  Other than that, just play around with different positions and see which one you are most effective at playing, figure out what which plays you know you can stop, and never call those (such as a run around the end, if you know you can beat the rb to the spot and get him down before a lineman clears you out, then you no longer have to worry about calling that play).  Also, as you play more, you'll get better at reading the computers formations, and have a better idea of which play they called.