Best Rushing teams

DeBerg

Who is your pick for the best rushing in this game?

I know the obvious picks will probably be Detroit and Dallas.

I did a season with Cleveland last year, and I have to say that team is loaded with RB's. I consistently would change White out for Byner, and then divide cariers equally with Vardell (substiuted over Hoard) and I finished a season with 1,300 rushing yards of all three of these guys combined. Went 14-2 for the year, finished the season winning the Super Bowl in a blow out over Atlanta. With Cleveland you don't even really need to use Vinny to throw bombs like you have to with Kosar in TSB 1, the running backs did all the heavy lifting for me.

GB has a great rushing duo between Dorsey and Bennett, but I typically like Dorsey the best and usually make him the starter.

TB has my favorite rushing combo, bring in Workman off the bench and he can be a life saver. If it weren't for the QB, the Buc's would be my favorite team in the game. (I know it would have been so awesome to have DEBERG instead of Dilfer and Weldon). They already have a solid TE, and I like alternating between the WR's a lot when I use them.

Another team with great rushing effort is the Broncos, of course I down right love Milburn in this game, and find him to be exceptionally underrated.

Edited by DeBerg

Dallas.  Emmitt is the best running back in the game, and when you combine that w/ the 75 HP Moose, it is a tough combo to train your sights on. 

GB is one of the worst at rushing IMO.  Again, I am talking in terms of MAN v MAN.

CAR is awesome if you allow Stone at RB.  The combination of Stone and Foster is great.

DEN is to be dealt with due to the excessive love Tecmo extends to Rod 'the Lesser Tecmo God' Bernstein.

TAM is decent at running with Rhett and Rudy Harris, who incidentally ran the ball a total of 9 times in his career and didn't play a down in the NFL in 1995, or thereafter. 

Some of Tecmo's player ratings are spot on, but at other times you wonder how they decided on certain player ATTs.

Foster also never played for CAR, and Bernstein ran for 91 yards in 1994, the year before TSB III came out.  In 1995 Bernstein ran for 76 yards.

Edited by CheapCatch

Thurman kinda sucks IMO thanks to his 19 HP.  He's a much better WR than a RB, though Buffalo has no one else to play RB. 

Ray's right, this conversation begins and ends with Dallas.  Awesome playbooks, and the Moose blasting fools behind Emmitt's insano spinning and leaping.

If we're looking at teams with good 1-2 combinations, I also think the Rams lead the pack with Bettis and Russell.  Some of my other favorites:

Faulk and Potts is a nice speed/power combination in Indy. 

Bates and Neal in New Orleans isn't bad (Bates is a spinny mofo). 

T. Allen and Mark Logan is a pretty good combo if you're not playing with original playbooks; if you are, they're a waste.

Spinny Salaam and Raymountain Harris for Chicago is annoying as hell to try to defend.

Metcalf and Ironhead in Atlanta always looks interesting to me, though I've never seen them used that effectively.

Atlanta plays out of the run and shoot and only 1 back (and their QB) get runs in their playbook... That's Ironhead right there. Metcalf is a WR on that team and a damn good one. Ironhead, as a back can dominate a game or be a pile of crap if your opponent knows how to dive well and can line him up.

That Atlanta team is all about abusing George's passing speed. Even doing that, Heyward becomes even better imo. Dumping the ball off to him when he's already 2-3 yards up field really overcomes the run and shoot running play deficiencies with a MS 31 guy.

I don't know that this is necessarily about the best 1-2 punch...

IBarry Sanders in detroit can be very good... but there are some games where he can disappear as well, and his injury proneness is a big issue for that team. The lack of depth at RB on detroit really makes the injury thing stand out too.

That's the main reason I would rank SF ahead of Barry Sanders.

All of this being said.... this, to me is also a question of playbook. If you gave every team in the game the same playbook, then it's just a matter of who has the two best rated players.

If you incorporate the base playbooks as a factor, it really makes some teams stand out more. And then you can start talking about the other talents of a team.

Surprised nobody's mentioned Emmitt Smith, Jr. - Chris Warren.

Why is Mario Bates so spinny?  What attribute is that again?

I don't have much trouble against those duos you listed above with the exception of Neal and Bates.  Neal with the HP and Bates with the spin cycle and a fantastic playbook for running.  They are right there in my book with Floyd and Derrick Moore.

In my DEF Only Challenges I almost have to call run against the pass-heavy Dolphins.  If I don't, Byars and Parmalee carve me up.

I'm not sure if Bam is better than Barry Foster or Heyward, but he sure has crushed me far more than the other two have.  Actually, Natrone probably gives me more trouble than Foster or Heyward too.

I have no problems vs Barry or Thurman.  Just too little HP and Barry has some sorry-ass plays.

I always thought it was interesting how much HP they gave Gary Brown and Lorenzo White.  I sure don't recall them being that strong in real life.  Fortunately, neither cause much trouble in Tecmo.

YES I looooove Chris Warren! :mrgreen:

My only problem is Warren stays injured so much. i always lose him not even half way in the season.

The Seahawks are one of my favorites in this game, just replace Mirer with John Friesz, then put in Joey Galloway and they are unstoppable. Plus that defense is down right BRUTAL when it comes to pressure and the secondary can make even good QB's go INT crazy.

you're trippin' foo....Mirer is the weak link of Seattle.

But still glad Mirer is getting love.  He held a special place in our collective hearts back in the day in our leagues

Edited by CheapCatch