#1 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Hey, the ROM is at VERY-BOTTOM OF THIS POST -=October 12=-

Note - to play a season, you will have to have a "2nd controller" set up, for away games.  
--->>>I personally use the same controller set up for both 1 Player and the 2nd Player controller.
Know thy emulator.

In the 2013-14 NFL TSB Streets, EVERYONE hears you scream....but nobody cares.

Adam Sandler playing tennis-ball hockey with his funny friends is on a totally different street - so get lost if you're looking for your momma's TSB foosball.

Here, there's no "out of bounds" - only "out of play"...and although you claw and grope the TSB Street Walls, you will not avoid confrontation.

But don't be afraid to FORCE things in these TSB Streets - 'cause son, there is just no way to play it safe.

And when you think you've met your match:  your hair-trigger-itchy-finger will see you through these TSB streets.

Play a Season, you're gonna meet some other NFL friends on the Street - Teams that were not good enough to make the 16-team cut - but they ain't on the sidewalk with a fistful of crack, they ready to roll.

You thinks you can BALL, dog - thinks you can TAP?  That A-button better be synaptically connected to your TSB Soul.

Will you have to eventually "fight yourself" (7-on-7) in the high-speed 2014 Street Bowl?  Unfortunately, NO....But if you did - you'd need: a bat, a knife to throw, and a crate full of meat.

intro.png

buck and rewhawl (TEAM SAMURAI) present:

2014 NFL TSB STREET ROM - for the Nintendo Entertainment System

STREET CRED:

7-ON-7/50 YD FIELD/BASE ROM - jstout
HELMETLESS PLAYER GRAPHICS - xplozv
CONCEPT/GRAPHICS - buck, rewhawl, some "minis" swiped from keithisgood
PHYSICS/ENGINE/ROSTERS/RATINGS - buck
NEW SCREENS/CUTSCREENS/SPECIAL HALFTIME/HALFTIME "SONG" - buck
MISC HACKS - jstout, bruddog, xplozv, buck

stay tuned for -
TEAM UPDATES 
PLAYBOOK UPDATES
OTHER UPDATES

intro3.png

Attached File  tsb STREET 2014 OCT 12 buck.nes   384.02KB   405 downloads

Edited by buck, 21 October 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Yer tone of voice on the phone, tells me all that I need to know

-= Download buck's Roms =-

#2 TeBowl_Time

TeBowl_Time

Promising Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

shit just got real!

#3 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Another small informational update. 

Do you know what it feels like to be a WR in the NFL?  The glory, the hate, the confusion?  Well, in these 2014 TSB Streets you can be the WR (only) on selected plays.  Can you get yourself open?  Do you trust COM to throw it your way?

What about holding...errr, blocking?  Will COM follow your lead?  Choose a "Blocking" play and you will control a blocker (only).  Do you think that COM can run as good as you (I doubt it, too)?  But, in the TSB Streets, you can't be afraid to try anything - unless you's a chikenhead.

Look for this next week.  It will be worth the wait.

intro2.png

intro3.png

Edited by buck, 25 September 2013 - 09:20 PM.

#4 Bodom

Bodom

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:21 AM

So you're saying I could become Brady's favorite target?

Sounds pretty sweet, buck.  As usual, can't wait to give this a try.

#5 philleyOphish

philleyOphish

www.tecmosb.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Love it, Love it, Love it.  I also love the mini logos not being on helmets.  Nice to also see the phish on der.

ETA?

---===\ philleyOphish /===---
http://www.tecmosb.com

#6 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

Love it, Love it, Love it.  I also love the mini logos not being on helmets.  Nice to also see the phish on der.

ETA?

STREET SPEAK OFF:

Depending on my weekend, sometime next week.  Otherwise, 2 weeks.  

It's actually "ready", but I'm just tightening up some graphics, and mostly working on a few new plays for the fun of it.

I had some "newbs" play test it and it's pretty tough.  I played a season with DAL (setting all other teams to COM) and went 8-8 and missed playoffs...I may come out with a "fatcheerleader version" with decreased difficulty.

edit.  I also just finished a season with the sAints.  Went 11-5 and made the playoffs, but then lost in Quadruple-Overtime on a Reverend Jimmy Graham goal-line fumble to Dallas 55-49, in 1st round.

Edited by buck, 27 September 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#7 philleyOphish

philleyOphish

www.tecmosb.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

How is your progress Buck?  Lookn forward to checkn it out.

#8 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

How is your progress Buck?  Lookn forward to checkn it out.

well, I suppose it's good enough to go.  I got sidetracked because I started porting the street physics/engine, etc to a regular 32-team highspeed/slot defense rom.

#9 star5328

star5328

Promising Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

well, I suppose it's good enough to go.  I got sidetracked because I started porting the street physics/engine, etc to a regular 32-team highspeed/slot defense rom.

Ha, can you update those rosters on the 11-12 HS/Slot Defense rom while you're at it? I'd do the work if I had any idea how you did them to begin with.

#10 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:16 PM

hey, BUMP for ROM Download - See First Post.

#11 star5328

star5328

Promising Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

street rom is on crack! The fact that a 3 score game with 2 minutes left is not over makes for some intense moments. I think I gave up a td, fumbled the kr returned for a score, and then threw a pick on my first play after the next kickoff and lost a huge lead in the process, then hit a long td as time expired to re-steal the lead probably 20 seconds after I lost it. I think I need to turn the damn turbo button off on my controller because I already play so fast and pick so fast I don't even know what routes are being run half the time. Another thing i noticed is that by default on outside run plays I try to turn the corner but stay in bounds, so in this game it took me a few games to break off some decent runs. Turns out that extra couple steps that would normally be out of bounds is sometimes the difference between being stuffed and getting out into the open field. Love the high speed physics so much. At first I felt like there wasn't much of a cut game for the ball carrier, but now I'm thinking you just have to be way more assertive/aggressive with your cuts. Nice change of pace from the much longer cuts in the OG, also much more difficult. 

You got the play hacking/writing down to an art form. Your plays are more complete than most custom plays I've used. It's been that way for a few years now. For me it's about a realistically competitive com and a fresh experience playing the game. Whether it be a totally different thing (Street) or more of an NFL sim I love being able to play a rom that has TONS of custom plays. To me being able to run different plays than the standard OG plays we've all run 829034x each is possibly the biggest plus of all. Thanks for puttin in the time, I appreciate.     Oh ya, new roster for HS slot D? Pretty plz?

#12 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

You got the play hacking/writing down to an art form. Your plays are more complete than most custom plays I've used. It's been that way for a few years now. For me it's about a realistically competitive com and a fresh experience playing the game. Whether it be a totally different thing (Street) or more of an NFL sim I love being able to play a rom that has TONS of custom plays. To me being able to run different plays than the standard OG plays we've all run 829034x each is possibly the biggest plus of all. Thanks for puttin in the time, I appreciate.     

Jstout designed most of those plays and sets for his CIFL rom, which this street rom is based on.  I just customized them to work with the new physics (well, I did tweak a bit more than that) and overwrote a few with new ones.  But over half of them are jstouts and the common theme (which I think is pretty smoooth) of the play sets is his.  

Also, check out a guy called "xplozv" on this site - his roms are all custom plays.  you may like them.

Street Rom : Did you see these yet?  Look in slot Pass SLot 3 and 4 - there is a play in 3 where the WR2 symbol looks like an "M", same in slot 4, except WR1.  on these, you control the WR, not the QB.  Also, in Run Slot 3, there is a play that is a screen to WR1, on this on you control the RB blocking for him.

Edited by buck, 14 October 2013 - 06:50 AM.

#13 Knobbe

Knobbe

Tecmo Godfather

• Founder
  • 14,565 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Street Rom : Did you see these yet?  Look in slot Pass SLot 3 and 4 - there is a play in 3 where the WR2 symbol looks like an "M", same in slot 4, except WR1.  on these, you control the WR, not the QB.  Also, in Run Slot 3, there is a play that is a screen to WR1, on this on you control the RB blocking for him.

BWi28IrCEAIGWls.png

#14 philleyOphish

philleyOphish

www.tecmosb.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Buck, these plays are amazing.  Rom overall is fantastic.  I didnt' get much of a chance to play this morning, but so far, very good.  Love the new plays though being able to control other positions.  What a great way to introduce that!

#15 Knobbe

Knobbe

Tecmo Godfather

• Founder
  • 14,565 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Congrats, you made Kotaku!

http://kotaku.com/ol...ks-t-1444935267

#16 Maynard_G_Krebs

Maynard_G_Krebs

TSB Beatnik

• Administrators
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Good job, Team Samurai!

#17 star5328

star5328

Promising Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

haha, yea i saw those plays. I like wr screens, or any kind if screen in tecmo really. I ran one of the blocker ones probably 8-10 times before realizing i wasn't controlling the ball carrier. You know, the fact that those wr screens work to well in most versions of tsb i've played is essentially negated by not being able to control the wr and only blocking for him. Was a really good idea.

#18 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Congrats, you made Kotaku!

http://kotaku.com/ol...ks-t-1444935267

fkn cool!  now I wish I had fixed up the endgame graphics better....I just thought philly o phish was gonna download it!

#19 star5328

star5328

Promising Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Also, check out a guy called "xplozv" on this site - his roms are all custom plays.  you may like them.

Yea, i've played a few of his too, and i do like them, especially the JBI format. I've been around here lurking forever and following the progress y'all make on this game. I think I go back to about 2005 or 2006 when I had played ~20 games on tpc.  

I think imma start wingin a HS roster update tonight, anything I need to know or anything that would help would be greatly appreciated. Also I promise not to post it in an effort to hijack one of your roms and call it mine.

#20 buck

buck

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yea, i've played a few of his too, and i do like them, especially the JBI format. I've been around here lurking forever and following the progress y'all make on this game. I think I go back to about 2005 or 2006 when I had played ~20 games on tpc.  

I think imma start wingin a HS roster update tonight, anything I need to know or anything that would help would be greatly appreciated. Also I promise not to post it in an effort to hijack one of your roms and call it mine.

chief, the big difference in that 11-12 highspeed player ratings and the ratings of the "original" or the 2014 tb.org is the lowered/wildly varied RS and RP of the highpseed.  

a quick/easy fix would be to go in and proportionally lower the RS and RP scales (inside the highspeed rom itself) so that you can leave the ratings as-is!  

of course this is not a perfect solution, because the highspeed ratings actually vary RS and RP significantly between players (especially on offense, instead of all 69RP, for example).  

edit - I think it plays fine with the '14.org rosters! 

Edited by buck, 14 October 2013 - 04:25 PM.

You are seeing more ads on this site because you aren't logged in/have an account.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, street, nfl, 2013, custom, buck, arena, 7 on 7, nes, tsb