TB 80's Superbowl Winners

TheFes75

All,

Just uploaded my new Tecmo Bowl 80's Superbowl Winners ROM below.  If you download it please feel free to critique it and let me know of any glaring issues.

Included in this ROM are the Teams who won the Superbowl between 1980 and 1989 with two bonus teams comprised of the best players from teams that won the Superbowl and the best players of the teams that lost the Superbowl.

These teams are:

• 1980 Oakland (Los Angeles Playbook with Run 1 blocking fixed to block the top side outside linebacker) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1981 San Francisco (Miami Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1982 Washington (Seattle Playbook) [4-3 Defense]
  • 1983 LA AFC (Dallas Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1984 San Francisco (Los Angeles Playbook, but with Miami Pass 3 and SF Pass 3 out of a two back set) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1985 Chicago (Chicago Playbook) [4-3 Defense]
  • 1986 New York (New York Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1987 Washington (Washington Playbook with Indianapolis Run 2 instead of Washington Reverse) [4-3 Defense]
  • 1988 San Francisco (Indianapolis Playbook Pat Beach play is covered) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1989 San Francisco (San Francisco Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • All Winners (Indianapolis Playbook Pat Beach play is covered) [3-4 Defense]
  • All Losers (Indianapolis Playbook Pat Beach play is covered) [3-4 Defense]

As in my previous ROM's:

• A White star in front of a player's name denotes a player that was voted to the PRO BOWL.
  • A Red Star in front of a player's name denotes a player that was voted ALL PRO.

New to this ROM:

• End zones all read NFL (Thanks GRG)
  • All fields have green end zones to give it a 1980's Astroturf feel.
  • Used the "Best 9" theory on offense and defense. (i.e. Cornerbacks at the outside linebacker positions in some cases & Wide receivers at tight end in some cases)

Hope you all enjoy it !!! If you find any issues with the ROM please let me know and I will make any changes brought to my attention.

TB 80 SUPERBOWL WINNERS.nes

Edited by TheFes75

I couldn't find it to download.

I was told that the download section is going to go through a major overhaul and that coupled with the release of Tecmo Super Bowl 2014 will delay the upload to the download section.  I guess when they are done with their overhaul it is supposed to be posted.  Thanks for the interest!!!

• 1 month later...

All, Just posted my TB 80's Superbowl WInners ROM to this post.  See below for details.  No Spreadsheet made up yet with the attributes but give the game a whirl and let me know what you think.

These teams are:

• 1980 Oakland (Los Angeles Playbook with Run 1 blocking fixed to block the top side outside linebacker) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1981 San Francisco (Miami Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1982 Washington (Seattle Playbook) [4-3 Defense]
  • 1983 LA AFC (Dallas Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1984 San Francisco (Los Angeles Playbook, but with Miami Pass 3 and SF Pass 3 out of a two back set) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1985 Chicago (Chicago Playbook) [4-3 Defense]
  • 1986 New York (New York Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1987 Washington (Washington Playbook with Indianapolis Run 2 instead of Washington Reverse) [4-3 Defense]
  • 1988 San Francisco (Indianapolis Playbook Pat Beach play is covered) [3-4 Defense]
  • 1989 San Francisco (San Francisco Playbook) [3-4 Defense]
  • All Winners (Indianapolis Playbook Pat Beach play is covered) [3-4 Defense]
  • All Losers (Indianapolis Playbook Pat Beach play is covered) [3-4 Defense]

As in my previous ROM's:

• A White star in front of a player's name denotes a player that was voted to the PRO BOWL.
  • A Red Star in front of a player's name denotes a player that was voted ALL PRO.

New to this ROM:

• End zones all read NFL (Thanks GRG)
  • All fields have green end zones to give it a 1980's Astroturf feel.
  • Used the "Best 9" theory on offense and defense. (i.e. Cornerbacks at the outside linebacker positions in some cases & Wide receivers at tight end in some cases)

Hope you all enjoy it !!! If you find any issues with the ROM please let me know and I will make any changes brought to my attention.

TB 80 SUPERBOWL WINNERS.nes

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I've been racking my brain trying to fix this ROM. (Original Tecmo Bowl) The teams that use the Indianapolis playbook (88 SF, ALL WIN & ALL LOSE) have an issue when Pass 4 is chosen by the Offense and Run 1 is chosen by the Defense. When that combo is chosen as the play picks, Pass 4 becomes a run and the Defense rushes like it picked the play but the offense picks up all the blitzers. I have checked the play bytes as well as the blitz bytes and they are identical to the original game. I am utterly miffed at this one. The only thing I can think of is somehow when I was editing this ROM I typed a key by mistake in the individual player instructions and caused this. If someone could look at this and help me I would appreciate it.

I got to play this a few weeks back with a friend.  We did a 2 player Bears vs 89 49ers.  Very fun.  I played horribly with the bears and threw some really terrible picks.  I think SF won 7-3.    

Any chance you'll add the super bowl losing teams as well for the decade?

I got to play this a few weeks back with a friend. We did a 2 player Bears vs 89 49ers. Very fun. I played horribly with the bears and threw some really terrible picks. I think SF won 7-3.

I had a project going that had all of the 80's Super Bowl teams in it, but my other computer took a sh!t. I'll have some time over the holidays, maybe I'll pick it back up and give it a try. There will be 4 extra teams, perhaps I'll put a few 70's teams (72 Dolphins, 78 Steelers) and few 90's teams (92 Dallas, 94 SF) on it also.

Glad you had fun playing!

Edited by TheFes75

• 2 months later...

I got to play this a few weeks back with a friend. We did a 2 player Bears vs 89 49ers. Very fun. I played horribly with the bears and threw some really terrible picks. I think SF won 7-3.

Attached is a screen shot of the ROM I am currently working on.  It has 32 teams all from 1980 to 1989.  All the Superbowl winners, Superbowl losers and some memorable teams from the decade. I am about 60% complete, should be out in a month or two. Then hopefully I can help with the new 32 team 2014 ROM Tecmo Turd has talked about.

post-10784-0-97554600-1392834634_thumb.p

Attached is a screen shot of the ROM I am currently working on.  It has 32 teams all from 1980 to 1989.  All the Superbowl winners, Superbowl losers and some memorable teams from the decade. I am about 60% complete, should be out in a month or two. Then hopefully I can help with the new 32 team 2014 ROM Tecmo Turd has talked about.

post-10784-0-97554600-1392834634_thumb.p

Actually I sat down finished up quite a bit. Now I am about 98% complete.  Just need to change the colors for San Francisco's away jerseys and endzones and the colors for the Touchdown Celebration screen.  I will probably finish up sometime during the middle of this upcoming week, test it out for a while and then post it in this forum under a new heading.