Original Tecmo Bowl End Zones

TheFes75

Does anyone have any info on editing End Zones for the original Tecmo Bowl. I saw TecmoTurd's 32 team ROM has "TB" In every End Zone and the new SEC ROM has "SEC" in each end zone. I would like to update my 1984 & 1989 ROM's to accurately depict the correct teams, as well as future ROM's. I know TSB has an End zone editor, but didn't see anything for the original Tecmo Bowl.

If you're using emuware's manager there is an "apply patch" option that will put NFL in each endzone,

but there is a 'dead' spot in LA's right side endzone that cant be edited - no one has ever documented how to fix it as far as I know

Hex location of endzones: 11454-11C29

Putting diff team names in each end zone 'used' to be pretty much impossible because the teams share letters

for example changing the D in Denver also changes Dallas

If you're using emuware's manager there is an "apply patch" option that will put NFL in each endzone,

but there is a 'dead' spot in LA's right side endzone that cant be edited - no one has ever documented how to fix it as far as I know

Hex location of endzones: 11454-11C29

Putting diff team names in each end zone 'used' to be pretty much impossible because the teams share letters

for example changing the D in Denver also changes Dallas

I have used Emuware Tecmo Bowl Manager but have never seen an "apply patch". I Googled it and it points me to the emuware site but there is no patch that I can find.