"Bumping" question

vikingmoe02

• 5 months later...

Maybe I didn't post it on the forum or thought I did as I can't seem to find it. The game loads a random number. There is basically a 75% chance you free up the drone. 

Change 0x2829a to change the %. This does is not coded exactly like some of the other probability events. It's doing a bitwise AND and checking to see if it gets a zero. 

0x2829a DEFAULT  03= defender freed ~75%

If you wanted to change it by just changing that one value. 

02 or 01= defender freed  ~50%

00= defender freed    0% 

Otherwise more code  for something less than 75% and other than 50% or 0%. 

I'm pretty sure that this is not just for defensive players from testing it.  Everyone gets knocked down when the byte is changed to 00.

Also, I'm trying to see if this can get done, but without knocking down the player who fails at the bump.  In the string:  A0 00 B1 AE 29 EF 09 20 91 AE B1 3E 29 EF 09 20 91 the 09s are what makes everything function.  If you change them, you get either instances of players grappling all alone, the grapple will become invisible to contact or the game will restart (if either of those bytes is either 02 or 08).  You can't paste over a string starting at a0 either.

What location are you referencing? Starting @ x2828F is A0 01 B1 AE 29 20 D0 18 A5 3B 29 03 F0 36

A0 01   LDY #$01    ; load player ram index

B1 AE   LDA (AE),Y ; load current player RAM byte 1 

29  20   AND #$20   ; mask out other bits check for grappling bit set

D0 18    BNE            ; if current player isn't grappling exit to next spot in code

A5 3B   LDA  $3B      ; load random 3B

29 03   AND 03         ; and random with 0...makes random number equal to 0,1,2 or 3

F0 36   BEQ $82C3  ; if random =0 (75%) chance branch to defender bounced off.  

I was saying that 29 03 F0 if changed affects both offensive and defensive grapples from what I saw.

Secondly, the string I posted was me just looking for a 29 XX thing because that was where your hack was at [29 03 F0].  I don't know anything abou how this works, so I was hoping to get lucky by playing around with the 29 EF 09 combinations.  That makes things go funny in number-specific ways... it doesn't work.

Edit:

I mean that when I changed 2829a to 00 NOTHING was bumped, on offense or defense.  Then I started talking about something else.

Edit 2:

The string "A0 00 B1 AE 29 EF 09 20 91 AE B1 3E 29 EF 09 20 91" is from 2824f to 2825f.

Edited by quince3800

I was saying that 29 03 F0 if changed affects both offensive and defensive grapples from what I saw.

Secondly, the string I posted was me just looking for a 29 XX thing because that was where your hack was at [29 03 F0].  I don't know anything abou how this works, so I was hoping to get lucky by playing around with the 29 EF 09 combinations.  That makes things go funny in number-specific ways... it doesn't work.

Edit:

I mean that when I changed 2829a to 00 NOTHING was bumped, on offense or defense.  Then I started talking about something else.

Edit 2:

The string "A0 00 B1 AE 29 EF 09 20 91 AE B1 3E 29 EF 09 20 91" is from 2824f to 2825f.

You can't normally bump grapples on offense anyways....

I don't know what you mean at all.  I'm talking about blocking double teams to get rid of defenders.  I was looking for a way to just have the bumper keep running into the grapple (i.e., be inhibited in his route).  I'll keep playing w/ it though.  But, this was definitely keeping that from happening for defensive and offensive players when set to 00.

I find it more successful to bump with d lineman, lb1 or lb4vs proset running plays than offset plays. Altough you can.bump the lineman on offset plays too. 75 percent seems accurate but my gut reaction in the red zone its too much of a risk as it seems it never work whens the opponent is close to scoring. As a famous martial artist said But if you want to cacth a tiger cub then you must into go into tigers den.