"Bumping" question

vikingmoe02

I curious to know what determines a successful "bump".

When I say bump, I mean when you take your MAN controlled player on defense and bump into a drone vs drone grapple to free up your drone. Sometimes it works, but sometimes your MAN player gets knocked flat to the ground - leaving you exposed defensively.

Is it determined by hitting power of the MAN and/or drone you're trying to free up? Is it a different attribute that contributes? Or is it just a random thing?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

The real question here is however, if Johnny Johnson were say a middle LB and bumped the NT - what % of the time would you say he lands on his booty? 1-2% tops?

How bout the REAL question.........When I am playing a real player or the computer, and I slamm Johnson right into the linebacker and we start grappling.......and 3 other defensive players run up to make the tackle and get POPCORNED at the same time.....then the linebacker I'm grappling with get tossed about a half a second after them...........................................Johnsons' HP indicates that shouldn't happen, but it happens all the time.............................You bet your a$$ he would 'bump' better than his attributes indicate, 100% of the time.

It looks like your question was a bit different. I'm wondering about defensive "bumping" and what determines the success or failure.

I have to wonder if HP has something to do with it. If you notice on kickoffs, that if you try to bump one of your drones free with your kicker, it fails the vast majority of the time. I've tended to notice more success when using high HP LBs and DBs to bump. Maybe the HP of the drone you're trying to bump free is a factor too?

Some super smart hacker has to know this, right? ;-)

Maybe I didn't post it on the forum or thought I did as I can't seem to find it. The game loads a random number. There is basically a 75% chance you free up the drone. 

Change 0x2829a to change the %. This does is not coded exactly like some of the other probability events. It's doing a bitwise AND and checking to see if it gets a zero. 

0x2829a DEFAULT  03= defender freed ~75%

If you wanted to change it by just changing that one value. 

02 or 01= defender freed  ~50%

00= defender freed    0% 

Otherwise more code  for something less than 75% and other than 50% or 0%. 

Maybe I didn't post it on the forum or thought I did as I can't seem to find it. The game loads a random number. There is basically a 75% chance you free up the drone. 

Change 0x2829a to change the %. This does is not coded exactly like some of the other probability events. It's doing a bitwise AND and checking to see if it gets a zero. 

0x2829a DEFAULT  03= defender freed ~75%

If you wanted to change it by just changing that one value. 

02 or 01= defender freed  ~50%

00= defender freed    0% 

Otherwise more code  for something less than 75% and other than 50% or 0%. 

mad props

Thanks, man.  Yeah, i like that whole Mystery aspect, you know?

for real.  two of the very best TSB players in the country (Chet and Josh H.) don't know or want to know "code" about the game. (from what I know of them)

they are two human beings that operate on intellect, integrity, and balls.

for real.  two of the very best TSB players in the country (Chet and Josh H.) don't know or want to know "code" about the game. (from what I know of them)

they are two human beings that operate on intellect, integrity, and balls.

WOW!!!  That's what I operate on..................and it's won me a lot of games.  Best outta 5, I'll beat Josh or Chet.