2013-14 Tecmo Super Bowl NES Rom UPDATED AUGUST 12

qbvikings

Thanks, i was expecting a pre-season ROM, really great !

My only criticism is young QB's like RGIII and R.Wilson have better skills than Brady, Manning, Brees and others stars. I think both have a wonderful season, but have to much to grow before be considered better than stars like Manning and Brady !

Manning's arm strength is fading but his accuracy and pocket presence are amongst the best and he will likely finish most seasons in this rom at the top of the ratings.

With all that's going on in New England, hard to imagine Brady not slowing down a little. He lost his two best targets and I have no faith that Ammendola can stay on the field or be half of what Welker was. Brees is still a stud in this game but his receivers are not as good as you think. Seattle and SF have monster Olines and mobile qbs with great weapons.

Keep in mind this rom is a preseason prediction... :)

I love Colin Kaepernick, but a 75 MS?  That's one unstoppable QB.

My personal opinion is that no QB should ever be rated above 56 MS (where Cunningham's was) because, even if he IS that fast or even faster in real life, it makes them way too potent of a player for the way TSB plays.

Thanks for the rom though.  Good work.

Good point for sure. But give the rom a go.

My ratings are VERY different and and do not resemble the original on any level but this is very much on purpose for game play.

For the most part, my ratings are based upon actual ypg and average yards per pass attempt. There are exceptions of course for qbs like Manning that have weaker arms and Cutler who has a stronger arm then his aya.

You will find there are defensive players that are faster than him (Kaepernick) and he can be caught, unless of course you are playing with a bad defense, then you will need to score a lot and hope for a turnover.

The 49ers are definitely the toughest team. Indy, Seattle, and GB do present matchup problems for them however.

Additionally, I have raised the injuries in this rom, so chances are, if Kaepernick scrambles enough he will get hurt and you will see McCoy.

--

Ok, i'll understand that you like higher stats to improve the gameplay, but i'll try to understand how Tebow has more accuracy than Brady:

2qi8dux.jpg

307x5k8.jpg

I like the game with lower stats, but i really respect the way you do and certainly play this rom, but Tebow can't have more accuracy than Brady, and i like Tebow way better than i like Brady... rs

For me Brady throw better than Wilson and RGIII too...

Dude, look at the pass control differences between the two.

Also, Tebow had an interception percentage of 2.2 in 2011, the last year he played a large sample size (Mark Sanchez was 4.0 last year by the way). So while he is terrible when it comes to pass completions, his interception percentage is low.

Brady has a career interception percentage of 2.1, which is obviously better; but again, I am forecasting that without his top two targets, new receivers, Hernandez drama for the patriots, and a mediocre running game, his stats will not be as good. Plus he is 35.

Again this is a prediction and will in no way be perfect. If you have a better idea of how things will go, download tsbtoolsupreme and make some edits, I would love to see them.

BTW, this is not unusual for my roms. Many of my 80s roms underserving backups have better stats then the starters because they were infact better when they played that season.

Are you using the pc/pa hack. If yes then tebow will also be much better at conpleting passes which is silly since passing ability determines both completion and interetion percentage.

If not then passing ability does nothing and it is pointless to rate.

Ok, i'll understand that you like higher stats to improve the gameplay, but i'll try to understand how Tebow has more accuracy than Brady:

2qi8dux.jpg

307x5k8.jpg

I like the game with lower stats, but i really respect the way you do and certainly play this rom, but Tebow can't have more accuracy than Brady, and i like Tebow way better than i like Brady... rs

For me Brady throw better than Wilson and RGIII too...

Updated ths for you. Hope it makes the game more fun.

Are you using the pc/pa hack. If yes then tebow will also be much better at conpleting passes which is silly since passing ability determines both completion and interetion percentage.

If not then passing ability does nothing and it is pointless to rate.

yep that hack is in place and I have updated the rom.

Updated ths for you. Hope it makes the game more fun.

I hope you don't misunderstand me, i really appreciate the job you done, you done for us to play and for free, i updated a soccer game for years and i know that people criticism sucks but also help to improve the gameplay and people comment reveals that they are playing your ROM, I don't like to be a hater, i just want to help and give some feedback about your ROM. After all we're here for the same reason, a passion  for an old game and its updates.

Thanks for the ROM and keep it going ! ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

3 games in....playing with the 49ers. I think two things that I found a little odd are how much extra points get blocked.

but lamichael james in a STRAIGHT BEAST. lol 4 return tds in 3 games. my margin scores have been

49ers 37 Packers 7

49ers 40 Seahawks 13

49ers 43 Colts 13

Kaepernick leads the league in Passer Rating and is 2nd in completion percentage.

80.3% comp, 4 TDs, 2 rushing TDs, 0 INTs.

Edited by theprez1985

49ers are far and away the best team on this rom. I did seasons with the Chargers 10-6 and the Bears 11-5 and lost in the playoffs in both.

The true test will come when you lose Kepernick for a few games. Good luck!

I will keep him healthy by running out of bounds and keeping him in the pocket. haha :)