Tecmobowl is offline??

joeygats

Actually, it's more like 1-2 per week though it's a consistent issue on Friday nights/Saturday morning.

It's a little bit of an issue of time and money...like owing someone for a Tecmo bet and then not paying for 6 months.

In a perfect world I'm sure you would pay up right away.

Actually, it's more like 1-2 per week though it's a consistent issue on Friday nights/Saturday morning.

It's a little bit of an issue of time and money...like owing someone for a Tecmo bet and then not paying for 6 months.

so its out of ur control.. got ya. but that does suck for the hstl draft but what can ya do :(

Knobbe: It's a little bit of an issue of time and money...like owing someone for a Tecmo bet and then not paying for 6 months.

I don't even know what that's referring to really (but it's an easy guess), and I still laughed out loud.

It generally happens after 10pm if I'm not mistaken, so we should be ok. Hopefully back up before timed draft on Saturday. I think delaying the start on Saturday may be in order. Adjusting accordingly if we know it will be an issue.

It generally happens after 10pm if I'm not mistaken, so we should be ok. Hopefully back up before timed draft on Saturday. I think delaying the start on Saturday may be in order. Adjusting accordingly if we know it will be an issue.

What time will the draft start on Saturday?  Please let me know with time zone as your 10pm is my midnight

• 2 months later...

Finally had time to dig into this.

I think my problem was that my cron stuff, which runs scheduled tasks, was borked.

The server should automatically reboot every friday night around 1 am EST in case it goes down.

It hasn't been doing any of this and I just never had/took the time to dig into it.  It's quite possible the lack of other tasks run are the cause of the instability itself.

Hopefully we finally have it.  The server for the most part seems fast enough to handle the day to day stuff.

great sig. The shutdown was very temporary this Friday. Good stuff!

Minimally the site should be back up by 1 am CST.

I'll see if I can reduce/eliminate this.  However, no "hey I forgot to check on Saturday if this stupid thing went offline last night" deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I've finally found some free time to put into this.

I've done some subtle database optimizations and removal of unnecessary services.

I hope this should find the response time a little better.

I've run a load test on this all and it should handle a flux of traffic fairly easily.

I know there is the whole Friday night around midnight CST (10 pm PST) issue that exists.  

The next step will be me being a combination of awake, coherent, and otherwise un-engaged at a time when I typically am not to watch the server.