• Create Account

Photo

Returners

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Best KR/PR (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Best KR/PR

1. Gerald McNeil (TSB) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Rod Woodson (TSB3) (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Dwight Stone (TSB) (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

4. Tim Brown (TB) (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Johnny Bailey (TSB) (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Dexter Carter (TSB3) (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Dave Meggett (TSB) (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stadawim

Stadawim

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 01:02 PM

This goes for each game (NES/SNES). Everyone might have a tale or two about how or who did a great job returning kicks and some of you out there may have discovered a diamond in the rough.
There are, of course others that i could've listed, but i didn't want it to go on forever. Vai Sikahima, Clarence Verdin & Mel Gray come to mind, but being the emotional favorites i didn't feel it necessary to put them on the list. Eric Metcalf was also pretty dangerous.
Those of you who've played around with the Saints know what i say when you can put anyone from that team returning a kick and they'll be dangerous.

"Fuckin throws it 10 yards... Past any fuckin receiver... That i can fuckin see on the screen. Maybe he's playin a different game than me - I DON'T KNOW." - Wampa on Bubby Brister.  {|||>

#2 Knobbe

Knobbe

Tecmo Godfather

• Founder
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 01:23 PM

It's not even fair to compare across games as it's 1000 times easier to return a kick in TSB III than NES TSB.

I recently played a game in TSB III where I was the Niners and my friend Miser was the Buccs. I absolutely shut him down on offense, holding him to under 50 total yards, but Clarence Verdin took back 3 TDs on me!

I will have to look it up, but Clarence Verdin is rated higher than he should be under Free agency and it might be due to his powers of kick returning.

#3 Stadawim

Stadawim

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 01:36 PM

I'm not really looking for head to head TSB vs TSB3. Just want to see who everyone thinks was da man.

"Fuckin throws it 10 yards... Past any fuckin receiver... That i can fuckin see on the screen. Maybe he's playin a different game than me - I DON'T KNOW." - Wampa on Bubby Brister.  {|||>

#4 Bad Moon Rison

Bad Moon Rison

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 23 October 2002 - 02:40 PM

Rod Woodson in TSB for the SNES is nasty. I'd vote for him or maybe Mel Gray (who isn't on the list).

Returning punts in TSB III isn't as easy as returning kickoffs though. I've always had trouble on punt returns, no matter what TSB.

#5 Slig

Slig

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 12:49 AM

what!? no Gil Fenerty from TSB !!!!!???????

This looks like another poll I'll be sitting out of. :(
Posted Image

#6 yo136

yo136

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:27 AM

What about the kick returner for Chicago in the original TB?
Netjak.com, your source for great video game reviews.

#7 Nameless Loser

Nameless Loser

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 01:43 PM

Is Rod Woodson in TSB III insanely fast? He was in EXCELLENT and he scored 28 points on me in a season game against my Bengals (1 INT return, 2 kick returns, 1 punt return). He was a blur. He teleported across the field. I could not even touch him. He bowled over half my guys too. I haven't even played the second game in the season against them...

#8 hamburgler2682

hamburgler2682

Tecmo Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 04:23 PM

Dennis Gentry retruned kicks for the Bears in TB, and he was awesome. I would have voted for Woodson except that since it is easier to return kicks in TSB 3 that should count against him a little bit. I think when the difficulty is factored in, Dwight Stone is better. However I haven't played TSB 3 regularly since 10th grade, so take it for what its worth.

randy-fairfield_zps910eebc1.jpg  Season 30: Dedicated to callmefairf.  

Ahead of his time.  

At the back of his class.  

Middle aged.  

sigs.php?player=147

#11 in Fairfield's top players of 2007!!! 

http://www.callmefai...mo/rankings.htm

#9 yo136

yo136

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 06:15 AM

I heard that returners are insane in TSBIII, so I probably would have voted for one of them. My only problem: I've never played the game.

#10 hamburgler2682

hamburgler2682

Tecmo Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 09:32 AM

You should. It is quite a fun game. Its no TSB mind you, but its still one of the better football games out there.

Ahead of his time.  

Middle aged.  

sigs.php?player=147

#11 Stadawim

Stadawim

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 10:13 AM

Forgive me, Slig. Dunno what happened. I had originally put in an option called "any Saints player you decide to put in this position", which is why i mentioned them in the original message. Fenerty, Hughes, Mayes, Hilliard, it didn't matter. As long as you wear the black & gold and return kicks you're going to get a guaranteed score!

#12 Slig

Slig

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 01:15 AM

Forgive me, Slig. Dunno what happened. I had originally put in an option called "any Saints player you decide to put in this position", which is why i mentioned them in the original message. Fenerty, Hughes, Mayes, Hilliard, it didn't matter. As long as you wear the black & gold and return kicks you're going to get a guaranteed score!

yeah, you said it....I think that choice would have been more appropriate than Johnny Bailey. He is a good player but I never thought he was good at returning...maybe average at best.
Posted Image

#13 Nameless Loser

Nameless Loser

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 27 October 2002 - 03:09 PM

I tried Rod Woodson again and it was only the CPU cheese that made him invincible. But still, teleportation is not to be seen in NES...perhaps a new hardware feature by Nintendo.

#14 yo136

yo136

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 28 October 2002 - 07:03 AM

You should. It is quite a fun game. Its no TSB mind you, but its still one of the better football games out there.

Sooner or later I will. Later is more likely since I've been very busy lately.

#15 hamburgler2682

hamburgler2682

Tecmo Fanatic

• Members
  • 5,793 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 09:19 PM

Only 6 peeps voted? Harsh.

Ahead of his time.  

Middle aged.  

sigs.php?player=147

#16 yo136

yo136

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 07:00 AM

What's really sad is I voted and I haven't really gotten into TSBIII yet.

#17 Sterling Sharpe

Sterling Sharpe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 04:58 PM

as fun as returning kicks with a Excellent Rod Woodson is, i myself am partial to Clarence Verdin. After returning 8 kicks in the first 3 games, i had to change kick returners so i could actually play offense..
Steve tasker is also good in TSBIII but if he gets hit, he will cough it up almost every time.. which sucks
What's that about Brian Urlacher?
Oh, yeah, he's kind of slow and a little on the small side.
I'd either run by him or run over him.....

#18 looked

looked

Starter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 February 2003 - 03:57 PM

Gil Fenerty absolutely owned my no offense season. He returned 20 kicks for TD's during the regular season, and bunch more during the playoffs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 TomTupa

TomTupa

Tecmo Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:28 PM

My vote would go to Albert Bently in the original TB version, before Eric "the Horse" Dickerson took himself off the game because he wasn't a member of the NFLPA. On that note, Dickerson made the Colts so much better it's not even funny. I doubt they would've made the list of teams without Tecmo thinking he'd be on the game.
Posted Image

Tecmo Tunes Tecmo-themed song parodies

#20 Knobbe

Knobbe

Tecmo Godfather

• Founder
  • 14,772 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 05:36 PM

Actually, in TB Dickerson and Bentley are the same speed. They just replaced E.D. with Bentley.

You are seeing more ads on this site because you aren't logged in/have an account.