Forum Formatting...

philleyOphish

Is there really a need for a "Hacking Documentation" and a "Roms/Editing Discussion" forum?

H.D. forum has two active topics in the month of April.

R.E.D. forum has one active topic in the month of April.

Would it be easier to just merge these forums together?

This way you have one forum that discusses all that is hacking TSB?

Is there really a need to differentiate between the two?

If you look between the two forums, they look really similar.

What do you think?

Hacking Documentation is for threads solely dedicated to working or finished hacks. Editing / ROM discussion is for threads about specific ROM edits, player stat conversations, i.e., rough ROM development ideas, and conversations about best practices. They are definitely unique topics to either forum.

Also, we're smack dab in the dark season for TSB development discussion. Threads are down beause participation during this time is down across the board.

But the biggest reason to keep them separated is for forum searching. Add those two forums together and it'd be a total shit show searching for hacks verses developmental discussions.

Also, as a general rule of thumb, not everyone follows the blatant forum definitions. Once a month or so, I have to go through all of the forums cleaning them up, because frequently, people just don't give a f*ck where they put threads--no matter the subject. I haven't done this since late February, though. Been busy at the new job. Will clean up the forums again soon.