Re-testing CXROM 1.11 32 team rom with 2pt Conversion/Weather

COA Elway

I'll start a thread so we don't clutter up the other one.

I just played one season game with all the options on.....

6 min quarters

Random weather

2 Pt on

Juiced

I'm not seeing any issues whatsoever. I successfully ran five, 2pt conversion plays with no graphic hiccups at all. The football in some cutscenes is the only thing I've seen that has changed. It looks grey. I tried to let the CPU score at the end, to see the onside. I kept calling run 4 and still shut em down! LOL!!

Here's the video with only parts 5 and 6 in it. I'm doing this COA mode by the way.

This is the last two parts of the game and I ran.

In part 5 I do 2 pt conversions at :37 and 1:47.

In part 6 I do one at :47

I also got the rosters to convert from TSB Supreme obviously as well. Note the new players in there.

TSB 2007-32.nes

I've played some preseason and season games using FCEUX and encountered no issues other than the "shadow ball" on field goal/xp tries.

ditto!

This needs to get more testing though. I've had the weather change during a few season games, as I have it set to random. This is good. I've also set my control to MAN mode and did multitudes of onside kicks and have had no issues their neither.

As far as the videos go, I'm not bogging down my computer, for three hours, to put a two minute clip up. So no videos.

If kicking strength has been altered at all, in conjuntion with low kicking abilities for certain players, then this oneside kick bug can happen. I experienced this bug when messing with kick strength HEX / kicking abilities for players in Tecmo Super Coach.

I definitely think if the COM doesn't have logic to use the 2-pt conversion, that's an issue, too.

If kicking strength has been altered at all, in conjuntion with low kicking abilities for certain players, then this oneside kick bug can happen. I experienced this bug when messing with kick strength HEX / kicking abilities for players in Tecmo Super Coach.

I definitely think if the COM doesn't have logic to use the 2-pt conversion, that's an issue, too.

The 2pt logic can still be turned on and off and also good for the online peeps.

Pardon the discussion here, but where is this ROM you are talking about, or is it just for testing purposes at this point?  Couldn't find it in a search; would like to download and try it myself.  :)

it's hiding in the zip file.

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/53231-32-nes-tsb-files-from-cx-rom/?p=346880

From Jstout,

I know for sure the clock was working, 2-Pt Conversion is broken, he had a working weather rom but not sure this rom has it without trying it, I'm unfamiliar with the 1st down and Juice options but I wouldn't be surprised if they worked.  Yes, the rom would work fine with the broken options unselectable.

I played a game with the "TSB 2007-32" ROM (is that the "correct" one to test?).  Man vs. Com---Steelers v Ravens.  I scored, went for two, failed.  Conversion showed "No Good!".  Ensuing kickoff went to the Ravens, was returned.  They ran their first play; was a three-yard gain; game flashed "No Good!" and had the Ravens kicking back to me.  So, MAN-wise, there's a problem.  It's close, though!

FYI, tried a Coa vs Com game; issues I saw were thus.  After every field goal try, screen flashed "FIELD GOAL BLOCKED" 3x (FG was always good, but you couldn't see that until after the kickoff), then would go to kickoff screen.  Next play from scrimmage from other team, if not a first down, flashed "No Good!" and began a new kickoff from the offensive team.  Same thing happens on either 2 pt. conversions or "Kick PAT."  Only diff on "Kick PAT" is that the screen would flash "TOUCHDOWN (name of kicker) 3x", then flash "Successful Try" before going to kickoff. 

I'm wondering if it has to do with the animations.  I know that on some of the ROMS, almost all of the animation has been removed, and I wonder if that would fix it.  Just a thought.

Again, this is playing the "TSB 2007-32" ROM in the zip file noted above, with Brud's Nestopia, PreSeason, Weather = Random, Clock at 7 min.,  2 Pt. conversion = On, Difficulty = Normal.

I'm trying to match conditions to trigger these cut-scene errors and I can't seem to do it. I've yet to encounter anything out of the ordinary, even with all the options turned on.

Could this be an issue of differing emulators? I'm running FCEUX and iladelf is running Brud's Nestopia. Could Nestopia  the anti-cheating build of Brudtopia be causing the bugs?

I'm trying to match conditions to trigger these cut-scene errors and I can't seem to do it. I've yet to encounter anything out of the ordinary, even with all the options turned on.

Could this be an issue of differing emulators? I'm running FCEUX and iladelf is running Brud's Nestopia. Could Nestopia  the anti-cheating build of Brudtopia be causing the bugs?

You are on to something. I was using Brudtopia and was getting all of the errors I mentioned, but when using FCEUX I ran into zero bugs/issues.

later tonight, I will throw it on the nes powerpak

also - I noticed that this rom size is highside of 700k, versus the low 500k size of the usual TSB rom.

Edited by buck

Used FCE Ultra 0.98.12, Preseason, 2 Pt. On, Weather (Rain), Difficulty Normal, Clock 7 min, and had NO errors!  Field was brown, lots of fumbles and turnovers and the 2 PT conversions worked!

I, however, can't seem to get any TSB ROMs to work on FCEUX 2.1.1 or 2.2.0, due to a weird (either timing or sound card) issue.  Audio seems "sped up" (not quite chip-munky), but you get the point.  Audio is crackly as well.

EDIT:  A ha!  Game did error out, using Virtuanes 0.97e.  Scored a touchdown at 1st half's end; game went to halftime without a conversion opportunity.  Second half kickoff, then, option came up for the conversion (as 4th and 2---per normal).  Don't know if this is a Virtuanes bug, or if it is ROM-specific.  I'm guessing on the latter.

Edited by iladelf

Way back when? We just got this ROM last week.

Actually, think this thread title is completely mislabeled - I'm going to fix

This is actually the CXROM 1.11

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/9159-tsb-32-team-rom-2007/

v1.11

-Weather (RP, RS, BC, PC, and REC drop)

-2pt Conversion (has a couple of bugs)

-1st downs: 10 or 20 yards

-Difficulty: Normal, Juiced

Actually, think this thread title is completely mislabeled - I'm going to fix

This is actually the CXROM 1.11

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/9159-tsb-32-team-rom-2007/

v1.11

-Weather (RP, RS, BC, PC, and REC drop)

-2pt Conversion (has a couple of bugs)

-1st downs: 10 or 20 yards

-Difficulty: Normal, Juiced

This isn't the same ROM or at least I wouldn't assume they are the same. This is a 2011 version of the original 1.11.