New Large Helmet Logos

keithisgood

Hm. Atlanta is proving difficult. Here's my first go at it:
OLD                                                          NEW
yMKXJVh.png aQGc1yA.png
Tried to make the shape more definite, but I'm thinking maybe the original is better.

EDIT:

NEW 2.0
O7eb1zL.png
Tried making the back lines a bit thicker. Adds to the 'sharpness.' definitely an improvement on my last effort, but still not sure.

Edited by keithisgood

And another tweak, this time trying to make Detroit's Lion a bit more ferocious and using a slightly lighter shade of blue (11 Hex value for the blue color instead of 12)

OLD                                                              NEW

zJzfrtX.png     zN6DLt4.png

And also some minor tweaks for the Bolts (and the glorious return of Powder Blue)

caH6Hdj.png     kF34wTw.png

Edited by keithisgood

Thanks, TDO. I suppose the work on the Falcons logo shows best; if I don't think its an improvement I won't do it.

That said, here's what I've done to the Eagles:

pbdsIEB.png     dCJHxly.png

I added black to the wing's color palette and darkened the helmet color a shade. I realize the eagles don't have any sort of helmet striping, but i felt the second shade of green tracing the helmet and the buckles helped create the illusion of that particular shade of dark green they use.

EDIT: 

Changed a few pixels that were bugging me on the Eagle's wing:

qAfkMiv.png

If there's tile data left over once I'm done, I'll add another tile and extend the wing all the way to the front of the helmet where it belongs.

Edited by keithisgood

I added black to the wing's color palette and darkened the helmet color a shade. I realize the eagles don't have any sort of helmet striping, but i felt the second shade of green tracing the helmet and the buckles helped create the illusion of that particular shade of dark green they use.

Nice visual trick, dude. Totally works.

Nice work.  

I actually had a go at every single helmet a few months ago.  I'll share if you wish, but I hate to hijack your thread.  It's neat to see what other people come up with as there is always a slightly different approach and technique.

Edited by AdamB5000

Nice work.  

I actually had a go at every single helmet a few months ago.  I'll share if you wish, but I hate to hijack your thread.  It's neat to see what other people come up with as there is always a slightly different approach and technique.

Create your own thread = no hijack. Do ittttttttttt

Okay.  I might.  I am drawn to this art and having absolutely no knowledge of updating these roms I have no knowledge of palettes and colors, so my helmets are just done in the paint shop with the colors I've found on various helmets.  They'd probably have to have colors adjusted.

It's cool seeing another person tackle it.

The NES uses three colors and transparency into a sprite (logo). Transparency shows the background behind (most of the texans logo is transparency, showing the helmet color). These are the colors you have to choose from:

the_NES_palette_by_erik_red.png

Also, not worth its own post, but I tweaked the yellow on the 'Skins helmet and swapped the helmet template for the Jets to give them a white stripe on the outside and a green stripe inside that.

Edited by keithisgood