New Base NES ROM (32-Team Original TSB Gameplay)

GameplayLoop

FYI I am going to delete all the attachments in this thread. This is download thread for the file revisions.

To suggest edits, you need to submit the files/ROMs to mods or admins to be previewed. We do that to specifically prevent the above. I'll admit I got behind and let it slide but randomly applying set commands is a dangerous way to edit a base ROM. 

I'll get with the rest of the forum staff to find the proper old revision and then I'll purge the rest.

• 2 months later...

Oh boy, looks like some teams will be making changes to their uniforms for 2018:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article200401269.html

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-set-to-unveil-new-uniforms-for-2018-season-one-possible-detail-leaked/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-to-unveil-a-new-uniform-in-just-weeks-heres-what-fans-want-to-see/

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Browns-in-early-stages-of-jersey-changes-115543125

Sounds like the Dolphins and Browns might be minor changes while the Jaguars and Titans might be a complete overhaul. Here are a couple ideas floating around the interweb for the Titans:

aNpF8NG.jpg

hqNtDdp.jpg

lk9OLXm.jpg

Q0JFDaV.jpg

And some for the Jags:

ug7Vry1.jpg

rpB7E6g.jpg

• 6 months later...

I think this rom has stabilized in terms of updates/corrections. 

In that case it might now be worthwhile to start having a version for different years for the various helmet edits because otherwise you'd have to edit 12 different roms for a single non-graphic fix.

• 6 months later...
On 4/8/2019 at 1:47 AM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Hey, how do you blow on a rom? The rom in the first post here keeps freezing on me. Is there a cleaner base rom? I just need a stable 32 team rom where I can edit all teams, don't need any other hacks. Don't care what year the helmets are from. Thanks.

TBorg-Base-ROM-0817-0.png

I restored the previous version. I have it testing now but let me know if you run into any other issues.

Thanks for getting back. I just noticed that the playbooks are weirdly altered for some teams. For example, the Bills have a QB run in run slot 2. I don't think that's intentional. I've started using this old rom that gojiphen shared... and I was going to link to the thread but I don't see it anymore. I'm uploading the rom here. I don't know if there are any bugs on this one that haven't been fixed yet, but it's working so far for me.

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM.nes

• 6 months later...
On 12/28/2017 at 10:45 AM, War Machine said:

I noticed that the playbooks on the current base (one from download link in the first post) are mixed up.  For example the QB bootleg run that’s normally in slot 4 is now in slot 2.

Is there a version where the plays are in their original slots?  I saw a few posts up with some updates to helmets and names etc, and that version seems to have correct plays in slots.

Also is there a list of what hacks are on this rom (in original post link)?  (Tapmeter, flicker, PA/PC, etc.)?

image.png

I didn't even see this comment before I made mine, so as of April back when I commented this was still in the "base" rom. I just went back and found cxrom's actual original 32-team rom and put in the NFC West fixes, the player 2 fix, and the TE fix myself with no other changes. I haven't tried downloading a rom from the first post here since April, so I don't know, maybe someone fixed it between then and now, but no one ever replied to my comment.

On 10/14/2019 at 3:24 AM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I didn't even see this comment before I made mine, so as of April back when I commented this was still in the "base" rom. I just went back and found cxrom's actual original 32-team rom and put in the NFC West fixes, the player 2 fix, and the TE fix myself with no other changes. I haven't tried downloading a rom from the first post here since April, so I don't know, maybe someone fixed it between then and now, but no one ever replied to my comment.

You posted it in about 6 different places so in one of those I'm pretty sure I replied

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

You posted it in about 6 different places so in one of those I'm pretty sure I replied

I post a lot of things in a lot of places. Point is this rom still has altered playbooks. I downloaded it just now to check. I don't actually need it anymore, I just thought you might want to know that.

1 hour ago, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

I post a lot of things in a lot of places. Point is this rom still has altered playbooks. I downloaded it just now to check. I don't actually need it anymore, I just thought you might want to know that.

Ah. That is an extremely important point.  I will attempt to go back even further and find a better rom.

19 hours ago, gojiphen malor said:

Think this is what you may be looking for. This is what I downloaded to start back in '17 when I started publishing Roms here.

T-Borg 20XX Base ROM.nes 512.02 kB · 0 downloads

"Kevin Kolb once blew the head off a rattlesnake with a shotgun."

Yeah this is the one you gave me a little while ago. @Knobbe this is the one that had that minor quarter length glitch I was talking about in another thread, but if people want the updated helmets and whatnot with the original playbooks, it would probably make a good base rom.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:54 AM, BO FB Offtackle Left said:

Yeah this is the one you gave me a little while ago. @Knobbe this is the one that had that minor quarter length glitch I was talking about in another thread, but if people want the updated helmets and whatnot with the original playbooks, it would probably make a good base rom.

Thanks @BO FB Offtackle Left and @gojiphen malor.

I found where the time was changed to 4 min and changed it to 5. I re-upped to the file here.

Probably what needs to happen is this needs to be redone as it's seems very possible there are just random changes in here but for now this will work.

• 1 year later...

I've been out of the game for a long time. Just checking back in and downloaded Goji's ROM as it seem to be the most updated. I redid the Jags mini helmet back when they had that dumb half gold/half black helmet. Now that they went back to the all black I wanted to take a shot at updating the mini helmet. What does everyone think? I posted here hoping that if people felt it was an upgrade they can add it to the base rom or use it when they create their own updated roms. I posted comparison pictures.  @gojiphen malor I switched the Jags tiles and reuploaded your rom here. I changed the file name to make it clear what it is but kept your name in there to give you credit (amazing job by the way) 

New Jags Mini.png

Old Jags Mini.png

UPDATED JAGS MINI HELMET (Goji's Rom).nes

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...