Bloomington, IL - 02/03/13 - Superbowl Sunday Tecmo Superbowl tourny

one2bone

Hi everyone,  

Sunday February 3rd @ 11am I'll be hosting my 10th anniversary Tecmo Super Bowl tournament at the Treehouse Lounge in Bloomington, Illinois. The format will be double elimination with all people losing there first 2 games playing in a toilet bowl bracket(so guaranteed 3 games). The tournament has the same rules as the big Madison tournament (exception is the double elimantion set up). if you're wanting to brush up your skills before then this would be a good opportunity.   The competition varies from a few amateurs to several highly skilled seasoned vets. cost is free and a traveling trophy is awarded to 1st and 2nd place finishers.  I will also be awarding the toilet bowl champ with something too. So if you're interested let me know sooner than later. I haven't decided on the number of people I'm allowing but I only have 8 systems so it probably won't be more than 48 teams.  Hope to see you there. 

That's awesome! I joined this site hoping to get some new faces and new competition this year.  If you are on Facebook I can send you the invite and your friends too. Just send me a friends request "Tim Mann" and if that won't work i can shoot you an email. Just let me know either way.

Glad you found some competitors. You guys can private message each here on this site. It saves trading emails and/or Facebook accounts if you aren't comfortable with that. Simply click on their username to get started.

Thanks for your help. I can't believe this is the tenth year of my tournament and the first time ive seen this site.  This site is awesome! 

This is awesome to hear!  Make sure to get yourself on our Tecmo Map as well which helps people locate others nearby for tourneys like this - http://tecmobowl.org/membermap/

Ok. This tournament is almost set. I'm taking 24 players and I'm at 20 right now. This tournament will be run as follows. Madison game Rules. My format will be 4 divisions with 6 teams in each. A round robin format where everybody in each division plays everybody. The top 4 from each division will move into a double elimination tournament to determine the champion. The seedings will be Group A #1 vs. Group B #4 and so on. The bottom 2 in each division will play in an 8 team single elimination tournament to determine the toilet bowl champion. This format ensures everyone minimum 6 games. I have 4 more spots to be filled so if anyone else is interested shoot me a message. It's good practice and I'm anxious to show off some of my Bloomington players that have been playing for a long time but didn't know how big the Tecmo Community really is. After this year's tournament I will have bigger plans in store for this tournament and hope to get a lot more people included. but for the time being I'm looking forward to super bowl sunday and if you want to get some tecmo in, let me know! Thanks.

Ok. This tournament is almost set. I'm taking 24 players and I'm at 20 right now. This tournament will be run as follows. Madison game Rules. My format will be 4 divisions with 6 teams in each. A round robin format where everybody in each division plays everybody. The top 4 from each division will move into a double elimination tournament to determine the champion. The seedings will be Group A #1 vs. Group B #4 and so on. The bottom 2 in each division will play in an 8 team single elimination tournament to determine the toilet bowl champion. This format ensures everyone minimum 6 games. I have 4 more spots to be filled so if anyone else is interested shoot me a message. It's good practice and I'm anxious to show off some of my Bloomington players that have been playing for a long time but didn't know how big the Tecmo Community really is. After this year's tournament I will have bigger plans in store for this tournament and hope to get a lot more people included. but for the time being I'm looking forward to super bowl sunday and if you want to get some tecmo in, let me know! Thanks.

Tim, any spots still available? im from chicago and this is my all time fav game been playing throwback for a while but no competition....i added u on facebook and would surely be some good competition

Pete, I still have a few spots left. I will save you a spot if you're coming for sure. It will be a good time. Im going to have Italian beef and other snack foods along with lots of tecmo. Just let me know and if you have anyone else let me know. I bought a few more systems so I can take more people. We will probably be running between 8-12 systems

• 2 weeks later...

Kyle Daniels won 1st place, and Troy Hanson(final 4 in Madison last year) got 2nd. Troy was 9-0 going into the championship game and lost both games in finals. It was a really fun tournament and I look forward to my next event that I hope to be bigger and better. I want to thank everyone who came and I hope everyone had as good of time as I did.

Kyle Daniels won 1st place, and Troy Hanson(final 4 in Madison last year) got 2nd. Troy was 9-0 going into the championship game and lost both games in finals. It was a really fun tournament and I look forward to my next event that I hope to be bigger and better. I want to thank everyone who came and I hope everyone had as good of time as I did.

Troy is a great tourney player so kudos to Kyle for beating him twice

That includes avenging their meeting at Tecmo VI

• 1 month later...