Bensalem, PA - 06/08/13 - NFTGL presents Tecmo Super Bowl III Tournament

TecSpectre

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Matt, Clayt, and I are catching a NJ Transit train that leaves from NY Penn Station at 8:14 AM and arrives in Trenton 9:50 AM.  We're going to split a cab from there.  If there is anyone willing to drive us back to Trenton that evening, it would be greatly appreciated.  :)

One thing I realized is that it really helps to know matchups well in the original game (I picked an awful Green Bay vs. a dominant Miami).  The competition was pretty fierce, but I managed to go 3-1 in group play (and beating the eventual champ!).  However, in single elimination bracket, I was bounced in my first game losing 28-20 in a San Fran vs. Dallas matchup (of course, that's the only one of mine on film!).  Not changing playbooks definitely added an interesting element to the tourney.  Next time, I'll be better prepared!  I wish I lasted longer, but overall it was great to see a bunch of guys enjoy a completely different version of Tecmo that I'm used to seeing.

If I remember correctly, my results were as follows:

DET 24, NO 21

GB 8, MIA 28

DEN 24, MIA 10

DAL 51, WAS 7

DAL 20, SF 28

• 1 month later...