new and stupid

beater29

I realize that I am probably in over my head since I have no idea how you guys are doing the things that you do, but I figure that I can at least ask and if you mock me more than the usual "first impression mocking" then I can go back into hiding under the guise of "it never happened" and and continue to not ask questions about things that I have no buisness asking about.

BUT

I have been checking out this site for quite some time now and realized that in your lives you play tecmo against others who enjoy it with modified teams and keep statistics. In my life I play a game from the mid 90's alone in my basement, and am in desperate need of some company, seeing as I have watched one friend after another move on to bigger and better games (and by bigger and better games, I mean jobs and wives) while I continue to enjoy the simple pleasures. One of these lives has a future. The other does not.

It is up to you which one becomes a reality. I wouldn't know where to start but I would like to be a part. I have all the tecmo super bowls for all the systems but it sounds like you guys are playing on games that you created on your computers or something like that.

I don't know how much of an explanation it would take to bring me up to date but I am willing to give it a go.

If it is too much of a hastle to start me from scratch, then I'll just sit idle and be content to window shop.

Thanks for your time.

I'm assuming since you posted in this forum that you want to play Tecmo Super Bowl III. There are two versions of this - one for the Sega Genesis and one for the Super Nintendo. I'm going to assume you want to play the Super Nintendo version since it was better. I'm also assuming that you use Windows 98, Windows Me, or Windows XP. Here's what you need to do:

Download for yourself an emulator. An emulator is a program designed to mimic certain computer hardware, in this case you want one to emulate the Super Nintendo. There are a few out there, but I recommend ZSNES. You can download it from here.

Unzip that into a folder on your hard drive (example: C:\Games\SNES) and then go to that folder and find the file ZSNESW.EXE and right-click on it and select Send To>Desktop (create shortcut). Now you have an easy way to run the file.

Now get yourself the ROM of Tecmo Super Bowl III. You can download the original from this site. Here's a link.

I recommend unzipping this into the same folder you unzipped the ZSNES files.

Before you do anything else, try running the emulator by double-clicking on the shortcut I told you to make on your desktop. When the window comes up, click on Config from the menu and then select Input #1. A window should pop up that allows you to configure the buttons you want to use to play the game. You can use the keyboard, but I recommend getting a joystick and mapping the controls to it. Anyway, after you've set up the controls, click on Game from the menu and select Load. Now find the ROM you downloaded and double-click on it. You should see the game load and you should now be able to play. Don't go any further until you can get this to work.

Now, if you want to spend the time updating the original to your own liking, download the TSB3 Manager from Emuware. Here's a link.

Download both the full version and the upgrade. You're going to want to unzip the full version folder into a temp folder or a place where you keep setup files on your computer, because you're going to install it using the SETUP.EXE file. After you've installed this, unzip the upgrade folder into the same folder on your hard drive that you installed the full version into, NOT THE SAME FOLDER YOU UNZIPPED THE SETUP FILES INTO. When asked to overwrite, click yes or OK. Now, if I remember correctly, there should be a shortcut to TSB3M either on your desktop or in your start menu. Open that, click once on the intro logo, and then click File from the menu and select Open... Find the ROM you downloaded and double-click. It should tell you it loaded successfully. Click OK. From here it's simply a matter of selecting different options from the menu and seeing what each one does. When you're done editing, just click on File from the menu and select Save. Now when you open the ROM in ZSNES it will have all the changes you saved.

Or, if you just want to save yourself some time and download somebody else's custom ROM, you can do so from this site also. Here's a link.

That should be all you need to know.

• 11 years later...