Injury limits?

kork

Last night I was bored as hell, and I was going over some random FAQ topics. I was thinking about injuries, and wrote down that no player without a backup can get injured.

Then I started thinking some more:

A. Does this mean that only one DL, LB, and DB can be injured at any one time? Any more, and you wouldn't have enough players to fill every defensive formation.

B. Can a recovering player be hurt in the game he recovers? I ask because I played a game where Greg Lloyd got healthy, but was involved in an injury. But when the name came up, it was Wilbur Marshall, who wasn't even in the game at the time! Is this a glitch or a safety net?

A. I've only seen one at a time, but imagine that it could possibly happen.

B. That sounds like a glitch. If it says that Lloyd was injured, then that means it is possible for a player to get injured when they just come back. If it happens again, it would be something to keep track of. I can't recall having a situation happen like that.

Unfortunately Tecmo couldn't perceive losing more than one/two guys at certain positions (actually due to bit restraints, i'm sure) so the imposed "limits" are in effect. Especially the defenses running the 3-4, where there is only one backup LB.

• 9 years later...

Does anyone know if this means that it's possible to have up to 5 combined injuries at the RB,WR,TE positions since they are interchangeable and therefore you could still have enough players?

I've seen 4 offensive players injured at one time... Not including QB. I think it was two RB, 1 wr and 1 te...

Defense is limited to 1 at each position I believe... though this might be different from 4-3 teams to 3-4 teams. I've never seen two LBs get hurt though.

Also, the injury to the bench player is a glitch. I don't know why it happens, but I see it alot. It's probably the best glitch in the game.

• 1 year later...

Only one player for each position can be injured.  Also I've had my backup player get hurt who was not in the game before.  It only happened with my LB's and CB/S  players for some odd reason.  I also had players go right back down in the same game they recover in.  Happened with Seth Joyner when I picked him up in free agents for the Raiders.  The first three games of the season he led the league in sacks and tackles. 4th game got hurt. Came back in the 5th game got 3 sacks in the first quarter. Then, he was injured again. SMH.