Tecmo Super Coach 2012-13 (BETA 1.0)

GameplayLoop

Here you go, gang!

Tecmo Super Coach 2012 - 2013 BETA 1.0.

You might be just as surprised as me that I decided to bust one of these out for the 2012-13 NFL season. It's a BETA 1.0 release. I used the tecmobowl.org ROM rosters (thanks to Kierre, who I still need to credit in the closing credits), and changed the stats some to account for the coverage changes in Tecmo Super Coach's original defensive patterns. There is still work that needs to be done. This is very much a BETA release until I can get to polishing the ROM, but I think you'll enjoy what's happening so far. I'll supply greater detail about modifications from prior TSC games soon.

Any feedback you have is always appreciated!

Enjoy!

NFL Tecmo Super Coach 2012-13_BETA_1.0.zip

TSC 2012-13 Defense Diagrams.zip

Nice Rom MGK!

Been waiting for an update to your classic '10 version !

Really like how you personalize this version such as the icons on pass plays indicating the initial receivers and the football icon above the players in-game.

Please discuss your improvements to this version if you can?

Can you explain the movement of the defenders within each defensive call such as a chart of individual assignments (Buck did did with his '11 ROM) ?

I can draw up an image mimicking the playcall screen showing the defenders reaction as opposed to the offense reaction. Someday when I'll finally create my own mod I'll try to insert the image for MAN v COM play.

Any chance of creating a MAN v MAN/ MAN v COM version soon?

Any thought about increasing game speed by a bit? find it more challenging with higher speeds.

Thanks for the effort !

Bah. Sorry, Dom. I had drafted two separate responses to your post, and each was deleted by a freak laptop accident. I'm gonna have to shorten this go around.

1. Thanks for the kind words, Dom!

2. Graphic improvements, and QB/WR improvements to offset the coverages. No others from the 2009-10 version... yet. I'd like to port over the uncompleted 2010-2011 playbooks that Xplozv helped me make to this version eventually, as I think they provide a better coaching experience.

3. I definitely plan to increase players speeds some.

4.*See attached images in the .zip of the 2009-10 version. Those diagrams are still accurate.

5. No MAN v. MAN / MAN v. COM is scheduled to be made.

TSC 2012-13 Defense Diagrams.zip

• 5 months later...

Big fan of this :) Just wondering when you're possibly going to get an actual release of it? I'm actually simulating a full season with letting the COM play all of the other teams and I'm coaching the Oakland Raiders. Speaking of... the completion percentages of QB's is horrible... i've seen one QB (Drew Brees) actually break the 50% mark. Is there any way of fixing this in the future?

Big fan of this :) Just wondering when you're possibly going to get an actual release of it? I'm actually simulating a full season with letting the COM play all of the other teams and I'm coaching the Oakland Raiders. Speaking of... the completion percentages of QB's is horrible... i've seen one QB (Drew Brees) actually break the 50% mark. Is there any way of fixing this in the future?

Glad you enjoy it, bud. Yeah, this is definitely an issue with my latest build of this. A quick fix is just to raise the QB stats on the whole.

Well I'm only into the second week so far. I'll see how the AI progresses as the season continues on. 

I can almost guarantee you that you'll want to increase QB stats. This year's version was a very speedy attempt. I was mostly doing it as a present to my Dad. Mind you, I'm 33... so the old man can consider himself lucky. ;) I've never said this, but part of the reason why I even made this ROM was to illustrate some creative ideas to the community here, so that other members who have spent more time with the recoding of TSB (and thus, are better at it) would make better versions of the ideas I was working with.

I used the TecmoBowl.org ROM stats as a base, and I know from prior experience with my ROM's stat needs, that this simply isn't going to work. I even tried bumping them all when I first dropped this ROM, but I knew that it would still require more tweaking. You'll be able to get much better comp-percentages if you up the QBs PA stats. Without altering the stat tables themselves, (something that I might wind up doing next year) increasing the PA for QBs will be required to balance out comp-%. That's just the way it has to roll with the added defensive coverages. Unfortunately, that means having non-regular TSB stat schematics, which I never had an issue with for a ROM like this.

Let me know if you wind up editing the player stats of QBs. I'd be happy to include your edits into the actual release. This was a really dirty release this year, and the ROM itself, while it had/has some good ideas and creative code changes, is truly a rough work altogether.