Is there a way to replace the black color in field palettes?

Carther

I have tried editing the colors for the field with a hex editor, but when I replace the black color 0F with another color it does not affect the field at all. Am I doing something wrong or is there no way to get rid of the black? It really limits my midfield ideas. I am trying to make an LSU field just for fun and this is what I end up with because I can't get rid of the black.

post-5070-0-51841000-1348496199_thumb.pn

Below is what I want where (by editing the black to look like purple in the palette but it makes everything else that is black purple as well) You can get a view of what it would look like if I could change the black on one of the field palettes to purple

post-5070-0-57294600-1348511494_thumb.pn

Edited by Carther

It can be done only by modifying the assignment for the palettes from each group of tiles, (assuming you only want to modify the MIDFIELD LOGO), let me find where those tile locations are , but its just like the orinal NFL SHIELD logo, it has really 8 colors: white,red,blue,white(again),blue(again),green + 2background BLACK (that u cant mess with), but the palettes are only 2 (4colors each), thats the difficult part Im not good at:, but the NFL original logo its divided in to 2 palettes "A)" for the outside its black-BLUE-WHITE-green, and the interior block of tiles for this logo has the "B)"palette assigned, which is black-RED-WHITE-BLUE, I dont really remember thats their correct order, but i know you can figure it out very easily. I'll put it graphically to see if I can make myself clearer:

MIDFIELD LOGO: DIVIDED INTO TILE-BLOCKS ( if I remember correctly each block is 2x2 tiles), (each tile 8 pixels width x 8 pixels height )

AAAAAA Each "A" or "B" means a BLOCK, and has a palette assigned to it.

AAAAAA "A" is palette a): black-blue-white-green (black, u cant mess) (green is for the outside parts that are "in touch" with the logo) (BLUE/WHITE are for the logo)

ABBBBA "B" is palette B): black-blue-white-red again: (black, u cant mess) (BLUE/RED/WHITE are for the logo) Here theres NO NEED for the green, since it is the "CORE" of the logo

ABBBBA

ABBBBA

AAAAAA

The delicate thing about this is getting all "B" palette-tile blocks to "fit" graphically into your "TIGERS" specific design, and from what I see in your LSU logo would be something like this:

AAAABA "A" is palette a): black-purple-yellow-green (black, u cant mess) (green is for the outside parts that are "in touch" with the logo) (PURPLE/YELLOW are for the logo itself)

ABBAAB

ABBBBA "B" is palette B): black-purple-white-green again: (black, u cant mess) (PURPLE/WHITE are for the logo)

AAAAAA The "EYE" from your tiger has a different palette from The original tile block assingments

AAAAAA thats the difficult part and Im not good at it, but you only need their locations to see which

AAAAAA palette it has been assigned to.

I dont know if I explained it right, but I know it can be done that way.

B) is "B", sorry and your palette "B" wont have green(field), it has to be black-yellow-purple-white, sorry. (since all of those blocks must remain "inside" the "core".) Of course the complicated thing to do, is exactly to achieve that "graphically" , because I dont know how to assign a palette to a single block, but I believe someone can help you better, just like they did with the "Y's" at the endzone, that are yellow now. thats because they managed to assign a palette to some tiles, not the complete blocks., leaving the endzone areas "intact"

Here's what I have for the "MIDFIELD LOGO TILES" location, the first palette I see its at x2CAAD (its palette #3 "AA"), next is x2CABE, which contains all the "interior blocks, I didnt know, but it seems it has six tiles (pltt#2 "55"), and the last is at x2CACF(pltt#3 "AA"), I see this is only for the center blocks of the logo, Let me see where are the rest and I tell you.