I'm new at this and still trying to figure how to so set up defenses. I have a number of questions:
- I want to work code into my ROM where defenders bite on play fakes a set percentage of the time. For example, moving up on playaction (D7 00 10) and then going to the regular assignment (maybe 50% of the time = 28 in hex). However, this preset assignment is to have options itself. I tried setting up the code that I wanted (28 18 BE FF C2 AA FF/FE @fda0) in a blank area and then writing code that incorporated a choice of either A: going directly to the assignment or B: advancing first and then moving to the assignment (D0 C8 50 EC 28 90 FD D7 00 20 FF 90 FD FF @bb2c). The best I got was that the first assignment (18 BE) did what I wanted (either covering deep or moving forward and then covering deep), but the second assignment caused the player to gradually move towards the quarterback as he manipulated the pocket. Also, this only worked for player 1; player 2 would only execute a confused blitz every time. I tried adding multiple FE's and taking them away. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
- How do you create an assignment with 3+ possible commands (example: man on WR1 OR deep coverage OR a D7 command)? Also, how would you apply the percentages / probablities for this?
- Is there a way to create more that one random presnap movement? I want to disguise coverages, so a certain percentage of the time I want defenders to move up, another time to move back and another to stay still. I tried: D0 C8 50 EB 2C 28 D7 00 28 D7 10 00 EC FF C2 AA FF; along with the inverse: D0 C8 50 EB 28 2C D7 00 28 D7 10 00 EC FF C2 AA FF. Neither of these worked. Further, I wanted an option where the player would stay in the same place X % of the time. I'm thinking this may be too much.
- Also, can players be made to line up across from a particular player AND THEN move forward or backwards from that position.
- In this same vein, is there a way to randomize where players initially line up?
- How do you enter either variable pauses or variable post snap movements (D7 or D8 commands) into code? As I've been able to work things, you either enter the pause first (ex: EC... F4 14 28 BC AA FF C2 AA) or as the second option in the string (ex: EC... 28 BC AA F4 14 FF C2 AA, meaning that the player would only pause before mirroring). Same for the movements. I'm wondering if this is possible.