THE TOP '10' offensive players in SUPER Tecmobowl

I'll take QB Browns over Marino any day...he carries his team on his back...never throws INTs...can run when he has to

some may think I'm being delusional by believing he 'plays above his #s' ....but his #s aren't too shabby to begin with

I'll take QB Browns over Marino any day...he carries his team on his back...never throws INTs...can run when he has to

some may think I'm being delusional by believing he 'plays above his #s' ....but his #s aren't too shabby to begin with

Hey.......Bernie won a Heisman.....and could have been in a Superbowl if it wasn't for Ernest Byner's fumble.  That's not to shabby of a career.

I loved those Browns teams. MACK ATTACK. Bernie K. Hanford Dixon and Frank Minnifield and Felix Wright. That was a special team. Had to cheer for someone in the playoffs after the Cowboys started their decline.

An EXCELLENT condition MACK is one of the most formitable backs in the game.  I'd probably wear his throwback (I got it) to Centrailia, but I gotta go with the Jets Johnny.........for good luck purposes of course :)

C'mon man! You have a Kevin Mack throwback and you're not going to wear it? Can't you bring both or something?

C'mon man! You have a Kevin Mack throwback and you're not going to wear it? Can't you bring both or something?

I was actually thinkin' of wearin my Craig Heyward or my signed Christian Okoye throwback........Yes, I wear signed jerseys.....Hell, You only live once!!!  My best signed jersey is an S.M.U. #19 Eric Dickerson college throwback.  He signed it 'Eric Dickerson #19 PONY EXPRESS 82'...and I'd wear it to Centrailia if he was on the game..........(I should bring my Tecmo Superbowl cart with him on the Colts...I told NES productions to give him Johnson's stats, since there both about the same height & weight, {6'3 225 lbs}  and run with the same str8 up type a style)

I was actually thinkin' of wearin my Craig Heyward or my signed Christian Okoye throwback........Yes, I wear signed jerseys.....Hell, You only live once!!!  My best signed jersey is an S.M.U. #19 Eric Dickerson college throwback.  He signed it 'Eric Dickerson #19 PONY EXPRESS 82'...and I'd wear it to Centrailia if he was on the game..........(I should bring my Tecmo Superbowl cart with him on the Colts...I told NES productions to give him Johnson's stats, since there both about the same height & weight, {6'3 225 lbs}  and run with the same str8 up type a style)

Giving Dickerson the attributes of Johnny Johnson would be severely underating one of the all-time greats at the position (I'm talking about Dickerson, not Johnson), Tailback.

He still holds the NFL single season rushing record (by 9 stinkin' yards over MVPeterson) for cripes sake! He deserves Bo Jackson type attributes IMO.

Pretty cool that you have a signed college throwback of his, though. That has to be worth some $$.

Giving Dickerson the attributes of Johnny Johnson would be severely underating one of the all-time greats at the position (I'm talking about Dickerson, not Johnson), Tailback.

He still holds the NFL single season rushing record (by 9 stinkin' yards over MVPeterson) for cripes sake! He deserves Bo Jackson type attributes IMO.

Pretty cool that you have a signed college throwback of his, though. That has to be worth some $$.

Dickerson deserving Bo Jackson type attributes?!? That would mean Dickerson > Sanders, and I can't rock with that. Dickerson was great, but better than Barry? 

Dickerson deserving Bo Jackson type attributes?!? That would mean Dickerson > Sanders, and I can't rock with that. Dickerson was great, but better than Barry? 

I love me some Barry Sanders, too. He was awesome, but so was Dickerson. They had a different style of running, but both are in the same league of greatness IMO.

In my opinion, Dickerson was the greatest of all time.......but I guess it all comes down to style preference.....Dickerson & Barry both got the job done in there own unique way.........#'s don't lie.........and both their career #'s were the premium..........I have threads of both these guy's with HIGHLIGHTS........Dickerson's are in the TECMOBOWL thread, Barry's are in the TECMO SUPERBOWL thread.............I'm gonna bump both of them up right now. 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

I know who your talkin' about Mo.  You don't have to explain it.  But don't ever think Johnson didn't have all the tools to be one of the best...situations in peoples' careers take different turns...Johnny got the sh!tty team Card...(no pun intended)...If he woulda taken the 1.5 mill the Niners offered him in 95', his short 5 year career may have turned out different, and with a Superbowl Ring (that's around the time the Niners beat the Chargers)........Johnson got a Probowl and a couple team MVP's under his belt.  Not bad for a 5 year career.

I love me some Barry Sanders, too. He was awesome, but so was Dickerson. They had a different style of running, but both are in the same league of greatness IMO.

In my opinion, Dickerson was the greatest of all time.......but I guess it all comes down to style preference.....Dickerson & Barry both got the job done in there own unique way.........#'s don't lie.........and both their career #'s were the premium..........I have threads of both these guy's with HIGHLIGHTS........Dickerson's are in the TECMOBOWL thread, Barry's are in the TECMO SUPERBOWL thread.............I'm gonna bump both of them up right now. 

Greatest Of All Time? I would lean towards James Nathaniel Brown.

As for the Dickerson vs. Sanders debate they are both great but in the hiearchy of RB's I can't see how Dickerson would be placed above Barry. We can debate skills all day but ED was great from about 83-89 then fizzled. Sanders did it from 89-98 that's 3 more quality years (10 to 7) and he put up almost 1,500 yds in his 10th season. 

Greatest Of All Time? I would lean towards James Nathaniel Brown.

As for the Dickerson vs. Sanders debate they are both great but in the hiearchy of RB's I can't see how Dickerson would be placed above Barry. We can debate skills all day but ED was great from about 83-89 then fizzled. Sanders did it from 89-98 that's 3 more quality years (10 to 7) and he put up almost 1,500 yds in his 10th season. 

Dickerson NEVER fizzled.  His carries dropped from about 90' on...but production and ypc never did.  Even on the Falcon's, the year he retired, he still averaged 3.9 yrds a carry........don't believe me...check the stats. 

Big backs also take more shots over there careers, Barry was rarely touched........that accounts for somthin' too.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

TBK, you must not have watched Barry Sanders when he played on the Detroit Lions, or you must not count "getting touched" as getting touched in the backfield.  Anyways, if he in fact didn't get touched as much as Dickerson, it's because he was such a good running back that he didn't.

I was one of those guys who, every season, said "man, just imagine if Barry was on the Cowboys..."  we'd be talking B3K, easy.

Dickerson NEVER fizzled.  His carries dropped from about 90' on...but production and ypc never did.  Even on the Falcon's, the year he retired, he still averaged 3.9 yrds a carry........don't believe me...check the stats. 

Big backs also take more shots over there careers, Barry was rarely touched........that accounts for somthin' too.

TBK, you must not have watched Barry Sanders when he played on the Detroit Lions, or you must not count "getting touched" as getting touched in the backfield.  Anyways, if he in fact didn't get touched as much as Dickerson, it's because he was such a good running back that he didn't.

I was one of those guys who, every season, said "man, just imagine if Barry was on the Cowboys..."  we'd be talking B3K, easy.

Getting stuffed in the backfield, which was Barry's emmo, (unless they didn't get him...then he broke one) was an alot eazyer drag to the ground type a tackle, then being 6'3 like Eric and taking pot shots from linebackers and safties.......Dickerson didn't run like Barry.  He was a bulldozer with a high top end......Barry couldn't run like Dickerson because he didn't have the body to...he'd be unsuccessfull.  You said, and I quote: "If Sanders didn't get touched as much as Dickerson, It's because he was such a good runningback that he didn't"..........BULL$#!t.........Dickerson initiated contact because he was big enough and strong enough to bulldoze over defenders...............Sanders couldn't

I would bet all my money that Barry broke more tackles than Eric did.  and I mean "broke" tackles, not just avoided defender.

go look at some highlights.  barry could carry eric on his back and score a td in the nfl.  

barry was 205 lbs at 5'8"!!!  eric was 220 at 6'3"....

who's the bigger back, now?

Edited by buck

Son, you just made my point. 3.9 a carry may be good, but not for a player of Dickerson's caliber. From 83-90 his yds per carry were between 4.1 to 5.6 per season, and then his last 3 seasons never went above 4. In fact 2 of his last 3 seasons surrounding 3.9 in Atlanta were 3.2 and 3.5, certainly not Dickerson quality numbers. For a gut who spent the first 7 years averaging 4.4 to 4.6 (quick math in my head), to under 3.5 in 2 of next 3 seasons, that's a drop.

Barry on the other hand in years 8-10 avg'd 5.1, 6.1 and 4.3 (while Dickerson was 3.2, 3.9 and 3.5). So that's one aspect I feel favours Barry.

Granted Eric was gonna slow down sooner than Barry as he had more of a power running style, I can see that. I agree that should be accounted for.

Edited by thalivest

even I, as a huge eric dickerson fan that has all of his football cards, has to admit that he was a little bitch at atlanta.

let me repeat:

I would bet all my money that Barry broke more tackles than Eric did.  and I mean "broke" tackles, not just avoided defender.

Edited by buck

even I, as a huge eric dickerson fan that has all of his football cards, has to admit that he was a little bitch at atlanta.

let me repeat:

There's also a difference between breaking tackles, and running people over.....I'll be the first to admit, it was extremly hard for defenders to corrall Barry and wrestle him to the ground...........Dickerson would stiffarm, or go right through any defender in front of him, maybe if it were necessary make one sharp cut, then just turned IT ON...........BYE BYE!!!  I'll take Eric in his prime over Barry in his prime any day.  (p.s.  I think you need to go to my Dickerson Thread and watch some highlights again...I think you forgot)

dude, totally different systems and teams...

Dickerson had John Robinson, the running-game guru helping his cause and stats, mostly running I-form behind a fullback, and a system committed to the run.

Barry had some jackass run and shoot single-back zone-read draw-oriented offense.

put Dickerson in Barry's situation, Dickerson is ok at best and probably and looks like he did the last 4 years of his career, because he doesn't have time to get his head of steam going, taking draws from Scott Mitchell or Andre Ware with 4 defensive linemen all up in his bidness.

put Barry in Dickerson's situation, Barry shatters every record in the freaking book.

Edited by buck

dude, totally different systems and teams...

Dickerson had John Robinson, the running-game guru helping his cause and stats, mostly running I-form behind a fullback, and a system committed to the run.

Barry had some jackass run and shoot single-back zone-read draw-oriented offense.

put Dickerson in Barry's situation, Dickerson is ok at best and probably and looks like he did the last 4 years of his career, because he doesn't have time to get his head of steam going, taking draws from Scott Mitchell or Andre Ware with 4 defensive linemen all up in his bidness.

put Barry in Dickerson's situation, Barry shatters every record in the freaking book.

Sorry Buck.........gotta disagree again.  Although Dickerson wouldn't 'FLOURISH' in a run and shoot, I honestly think Sanders did.  The way he was built was for exceleration.  I never saw a player go from standing still before the snap, to full speed the way he did.  He musta ripped off at least 20 big runs in his carreer off that draw play.  When Rodney Peete would drop back for a pass, the field would spread out.......then BAMM, stick it in Barry's gut.  Then he'd have a more open than not field to prance around and do his thing on.............It would be stupid to put a guy like Eric in a West coast style offense.....Here's my analogy.....You don't stick a Battering ram 1 foot from the door you're tryin' to knock down.....you back it up, (at least 7 yards deep in the backfield) give it a lil' time to get momentum, then BAMM!!!!!  You blast through the fucc!n door down and score a touchdown. 

I don't think that the run and shoot/draw offense has ever made (or allowed) any RB to "flourish".

barry sanders was physically gifted and blessed beyond most men's wildest dreams and was able to make any coach or offensive coordinator look like they were maybe worth a piss, because he was stronger and faster and had better instincts than most.

I-form (or pro-set or some variant) with a fullback and a tight-end has got to be any RBs "wet-dream" and will always be the best system to straight up run game - regardless of height/weight combination of the running back in question.  

john robinson is known to be one of the most successful running game coaches of all time....dickerson says hello.

don't sit here and tell me that r&s or spread with 4x piece of shiz WRs and piece of shiz QBs (with pieceofshiz OL, especially) is better for any running back.  barry was the exception.  I'm telling you, barry on 1990's dallas cowboys....goodnight irene.

Edited by buck

you're all on crack

Walter Payton was the greatest RB of all time

take the pipe out of your mouth and REEED.  barry > dickerson.  all I'm saying.

walter is my favorite, too; peterson is making quick moves to the top tier of brown, payton, sanders.

I don't think that the run and shoot/draw offense has ever made (or allowed) any RB to "flourish".

barry sanders was physically gifted and blessed beyond most men's wildest dreams and was able to make any coach or offensive coordinator look like they were maybe worth a piss, because he was stronger and faster and had better instincts than most.

I-form (or pro-set or some variant) with a fullback and a tight-end has got to be any RBs "wet-dream" and will always be the best system to straight up run game - regardless of height/weight combination of the running back in question.  

john robinson is known to be one of the most successful running game coaches of all time....dickerson says hello.

don't sit here and tell me that r&s or spread with 4x piece of shiz WRs and piece of shiz QBs (with pieceofshiz OL, especially) is better for any running back.  barry was the exception.  I'm telling you, barry on 1990's dallas cowboys....goodnight irene.

Edited by buck

you're all on crack

Walter Payton was the greatest RB of all time

When did the Greatest RB discussion begin? This was a discussion about Dickerson and Sanders. And as far as the greatest RB, like I said before I tend to lean towards James Nathaniel Brown. Payton is definitely at the top, but Sanders is there with him.