Johnny Johnson is the best........

.......player in this game to me hands down. There may be faster players like Bo Jackson & Willy Gault, stronger players like Craig Heyward, O.J. Anderson, and Christian Okoye...but there is no one in the game who can run, catch, kick return, and punt return, or absolutley anything on offense you need him to do, and put up the numbers he does. One year, I rushed for over 4,000 yrds and somthin' like 62 touchdowns...at 6'3 230 lbs, he's hard ta tie........and if you get him EXCELLENT, he's a maniac. Anybody who is a tecmo veteran or legend like me knows about Johnny Johnson's unspoken SUPERNATURAL stat......only a few others in the game have it......another person who does is Herschel Walker. You moderators need ta quit B.S'n, and put J.J. in your hall of fame.

This is a racist post because he looks white on the game.

???.....He looks white in real life too. Infact he looks exactly like they made him look in Super Tecmobowl.....Seriously, how do you guys choose who gets in the 'Hall of Fame' or not??? If your not convinced, I dare you to play one full season with him...He'll put The Cardinals on his shoulders and take you all the way to the big dance. 20~25 carries a game, and screen passes out the backfield is the recipe. If ya didn't know by now, you'll have a new appreciation for the Cardinals.......The 2 Safties Lonnie Young & Tim McDonald are also 2 of the games finest....Very underrated team.

Edited by ~Tailback King~

When I see PHX on my schedule, I immediately have 2 thoughts:

1) Vai Sikahema is going to get injured

2) Defensive gameplan: Stop JJ

Anybody who knows me, or plays me KNOWS #2 on your list...their problem is, rarley does it ever happen...No matter what team I'm up against, or person I'm playin' knows, there's gonna be a pitch right, a pitch left, a slamm up the middle...and he still gets the yards. And I don't know if I just got a quicc thumb, the Johnson hidden stat, or a voodo curse...no one player can tackle Johnny 1 on 1...sometimes not even 2 or 3!!! I can't even count the times where I'v broken off half the d~fence and scored...and what's even funnier is lookin' at my friends expressions after it happens...like you can hear um' thinking, "Are you ******' kidding me".....but more often than not, they just yell it. Ha hA Ha!!!

If ya didn't know by now, you'll have a new appreciation for the Cardinals.......The 2 Safties Lonnie Young & Tim McDonald are also 2 of the games finest....Very underrated team.

Gonna have to disagree with you on this. The Cardinals are terrible. No team has "no showed" more in tournament history. If a game can conceivably be lost, the Cardinals will lose it. Born losers.

The Cards have a few players with hidden god-stats. Look at their safety (Lonnie Young?). If you pick it off, he WILL score a TD. Only player on the game that I can consistently get more than 10 yards with post-pick.

The Cards have a few players with hidden god-stats. Look at their safety (Lonnie Young?). If you pick it off, he WILL score a TD. Only player on the game that I can consistently get more than 10 yards with post-pick.

Lonnie Young was a really good player.....a horrible knee injury ended his career. He had a comeback with the Jets, but he was never the Tecmo Superbowl Phoenix Cardinals ball hawking saftey he once was...:(

If anyone knows how to stop JJ its me, and the best way is to look at ~Tailback King~'s controller when we play! lol

Where ya @ Land~mine??! (a Portland Tecmo Legend like me) It's been a while since we met up and you collected an a$$ whoopin. I'm callin' you out!!! Tonight, Me and Coach Woods are gonna have a best outta 3 series...hit me up if ya want in.....But don't get mad if Keith Millard & Joey Browner get Johnny Johnson's foot prints all over there jersey's again!!! Ha hA Ha!!!

I got a REAL GOOD DROP for anybody who wants to see there old favorites from TECMOBOWL 1, 2, and 3..........when I found this site, I almost jumped the **** out of my chair. I used to pay $50.00 to the NFL archives for these on VHS. Here it is.....ENJOY. {p.s. check out the 90-91 Phoenix Cardinals and see Johnny Johnson tear it up}

http://www.hulu.com/...team-highlights

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Dude, based on this thread, I started a season with the Cardinals, and Johnny Johnson is definitely very good; however, it is going to be a real effort to continue rushing for 200 yards a game with him. Lonnie Young hasn't really over performed for me either. Ken Harvey is a beast at LOLB though and Via Sikahema has returned 4 kicks for touchdowns in 6 games and caught 4 more at Tight End. It is definitely a challenge to play with these guys. Oh, and JJ just got injured, so its about to be even more boring...lol.

Dude, based on this thread, I started a season with the Cardinals, and Johnny Johnson is definitely very good; however, it is going to be a real effort to continue rushing for 200 yards a game with him. Lonnie Young hasn't really over performed for me either. Ken Harvey is a beast at LOLB though and Via Sikahema has returned 4 kicks for touchdowns in 6 games and caught 4 more at Tight End. It is definitely a challenge to play with these guys. Oh, and JJ just got injured, so its about to be even more boring...lol.

I don't know what plays your running with your offense, but when Johnson comes back, try this: run play 1, toss sweep to the top.....run play 2, off tackle to the top 'single back' (this play will get you 5 yards every time) run play 3, pitch right to the bottom.....run play 4, single back motion Johnson through the middle (this play will ripp opponents for 70 yards if you know what your doin')...........passing plays are up to you........but Sikahema at tight end is costing you rushing yards, 180 pound kickreturners ain't good bloccers, Ron Wolfley is a good tight end who can run after the catch & blocc. I remove Ricky Phroel out of the starting lineup because as good as he can catch, he's that bad at running. Put Sikahema at the top reciever, and Roy Green at the bottom......and the skat back or 3rd reciever, put in Anthony Thompson. Even though he won't have any running plays, he's great for an energency screen pass when you need it. Sikahema seems to be doin' good for you but don't be afraid to let Roy Green take care of some of those kick & punt return responsibilities for you............there's the recipe. It's worked for me for years.

Where ya @ Land~mine??! (a Portland Tecmo Legend like me) It's been a while since we met up and you collected an a$$ whoopin. I'm callin' you out!!! Tonight, Me and Coach Woods are gonna have a best outta 3 series...hit me up if ya want in.....But don't get mad if Keith Millard & Joey Browner get Johnny Johnson's foot prints all over there jersey's again!!! Ha hA Ha!!!

it has been awhile, wasnt it at Money's place when I gave ya 2 L's? lol yep! I'll have to check out that hulu thing!

I got a REAL GOOD DROP for anybody who wants to see there old favorites from TECMOBOWL 1, 2, and 3..........when I found this site, I almost jumped the **** out of my chair. I used to pay $50.00 to the NFL archives for these on VHS. Here it is.....ENJOY. {p.s. check out the 90-91 Phoenix Cardinals and see Johnny Johnson tear it up}

http://www.hulu.com/...team-highlights

THIS SUCC'S!!!!!!!!! The NFL put an "exnay" on the team highlight videos........probably gettin' to close to football season...now they can start chargin' all the sentimental fans like me again. :(

Johnny Johnson is so easy to stop, also.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

You wouldn't stop him at all if I was using him.....the Cardinals have the worst playbook in the history of Tecmobowl and seem to be set up by the creators predictable, and ready to lose...but lucky for me, I can change their plays, which makes it unlucky for opponents like you.

it has been awhile, wasnt it at Money's place when I gave ya 2 L's? lol yep! I'll have to check out that hulu thing!

You were in a ZONE that day...I don't think you lost to anybody. I don't know if it was skill or the liquor that did it, but whatever it was...it worked. {p.s. I need to try out that new Retron lll, but how are the controllers???}

• 3 months later...

............and he STILL IS. I just wish I woulda' been able to prove it in Centrailia Washington. I had an hour to kill at work so I figured the best thing to do is group all my Tecmo Superbowl post and highlights together..............and take a trip down memory lane since the person throwin' the N.W. Tourney punked out. I'm still not completely over that yet.