Spreadsheet for NES TSB Pro Bowl Rosters (TOOL)

buck

Here is a spreadsheet I made that easily generates "SET" Commands to be input into TSB Tool Supreme.

It can generate AFC and NFC rosters - based on the "team" and "position" of the player.

It can generate Pro Bowl Team jersey colors

It can generate Pro Bowl Playbooks for each Team

The playbook part is a little funny (not my fault - it's how TSB uses the data)

Help is written all over the place in the sheet. If you accidentally erase something you shouldn't (and there are many places where this could happen), don't save it.

Post questions as needed, I'll try to help. But if MGK can use it, so can you.

NES TSB Pro Bowl SETter for TOOL.xls

Post questions as needed, I'll try to help. But if MGK can use it, so can you.

Wow, if you think MGK struggles what must you think of me?! :) By the way, first download!

Buck, are you going to update your Pro Bowl rosters for your EOS version? Do that after your super vanilla version that has the sorry ass original playbooks. ;)

Umm...they are already updated (have been for a couple versions). Which players are wrong?

Wow, if you think MGK struggles what must you think of me?! :) By the way, first download!Buck, are you going to update your Pro Bowl rosters for your EOS version? Do that after your super vanilla version that has the sorry ass original playbooks. ;)

SET( 0x32853, 0x0800 )

Pardon my ignorance, but does such a command place the hex code 0800 at hex position 32853?

Also, I assume pasting in several set commands with carriage returns is kosher, but can you have two commands on the same line, such as this

SET( 0x32853, 0x0800 )	SET( 0x3288f, 0x1900 )

1. yes and no - it will actually place 08 at x32853 and 00 at x32854

2. no, not kosher. put one set command per line.

SET( 0x32853, 0x0800 )

Pardon my ignorance, but does such a command place the hex code 0800 at hex position 32853?

Also, I assume pasting in several set commands with carriage returns is kosher, but can you have two commands on the same line, such as this

SET( 0x32853, 0x0800 )	SET( 0x3288f, 0x1900 )

Umm...they are already updated (have been for a couple versions). Which players are wrong?

Buck, are you going to update your Pro Bowl rosters for your EOS version?

I'm on a terrible streak where I can't do things right around here and it makes me nuts. ;)

I downloaded your two EOS roms from page one of this thread.

http://tecmobowl.org/forum//viewtopic.php?f=100&t=12512&start=240#p99241

Maybe I went to the wrong thread but every other update you've released has been there so that's where I went. Also, maybe we're talking two separate years. I thought you meant you'd have this most recent Pro Bowl rosters on the roms not last season. The roms I downloaded, you "Last edited by buck on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 41 times in total." The rom I'm looking at has Cutler as AFC QB and Portis as NFC RB. Hold up...

I just figured out what the problem is. Your Vanilla version does NOT have the 2009-10 Pro Bowl Rosters and your Loaded version does. :)

I just figured out what the problem is. Your Vanilla version does NOT have the 2009-10 Pro Bowl Rosters and your Loaded version does. :)

yeah, that figures. Thanks for letting me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Buck, I'm not great at Excel. Can you give a little more details on how to use your kickass creation?

You have listed...

*Type in names of teams and abbreviations of players (in lowercase, as shown in tables to far left) into the green cells

...I don't see green cells anywhere?

Also, you say...

COPY/PASTE all/any of these (NOTEPAD 1st, then TOOL)

...I tried that and it was a mess. When you say, "all/any" what do you mean?

Sorry if this is annoying but your Excel skills are way above mine. And, if you just want to say, don't bother me it's beyond you, I won't blame you! :mrgreen:

the top/middle section (maybe it's not green, I don't know. my monitor is an uncalibrated piece of shit. but it should be shaded some color.) is where you enter the team and the position of the player you would like to place at the particular positions. you'll see TEAM column, and then directly to the right of that PLAYER column.

you should see where I have already typed in the team and position for both teams. like, do you see saints and then qb1? that means drew brees is the starting quarterback of the NFC team. note that you can place ANY player ANYWHERE (I did this on my Time Machine ROM, where AFC was all offense and NFC was all defense players)

the top/right section is where the SET commands to copy to TOOL are (these should change as you change players and stuff)

it says "into notepad first" because back when I made that spreadsheet - the version of TOOL didn't support a direct paste from excel. so I would copy stuff into notepad (to get rid of the formatting) and then re-copy it to TOOL.

THIS IS AN UNNECESSARY STEP TO TAKE, ignore it.

just copy one column at a time - see Rod's post above.

• 4 years later...

Buck,

Can you possibly touch this tool up to do the following

Set Team's

City

Mascot

Thanks so much I am using the TSBTool and it just doesnt have a way to edit the team names? I am doing alot of editing in excel and would like to use your set commands to change the team names.

Thanks

MAtt

Buck,

Can you possibly touch this tool up to do the following

Set Team's

City

Mascot

Thanks so much I am using the TSBTool and it just doesnt have a way to edit the team names? I am doing alot of editing in excel and would like to use your set commands to change the team names.

Thanks

MAtt

sorry, no.  

and what you're asking has nothing to do with this thread.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/11/2014 at 4:38 PM, brookstonfowler said:

anyone know what assigns KR/PR for probowl?  i assume it's hardcoded somewhere to put RB3 at KR and RB4 at PR

Im also looking for this. Been digging through the archives for a good minute as I have changed it before I just cant find it. Any help is appreciated :)

Yeah sucks I have to have them be the same position on both teams. First time our league has the same KR and PR for ProBowl. But Ill manually change it before I record so no big deal

@TheRaja @buck

Here this patch will make a separate starter table for the NFC at 0x32D40. Provided the rom being used doesn't have any hacks at the new data table location. 

SET (0x323CD,0x388C)
SET (0x32D40,0x0004060C0E14080A)

second to last byte is the KR =08 = RB3

last byte is PR  =0A = RB4

Every 0x02 is a position

You could change the location if you want. The pointer math works like follows

ADDR - 0x10 (INES header) -0xF8(due to the way it loops through the starters) 

Then swap the bytes.

Example:

New data at 32DC0.

1. Replace 32 with 8= 8DC0.

2. Subtract Ines header offset 8DC0 -0x10= 8DB0

3. Subtract index offset = 0x8DB0-0xF8 = 8CB8 

4. Swap bytes = 0xB88C

5. New Set Command = SET (0x323CD,0xB88C)

20 hours ago, bruddog said:

@TheRaja @buck

Here this patch will make a separate starter table for the NFC at 0x32D40. Provided the rom being used doesn't have any hacks at the new data table location. 

SET (0x323CD,0x388C)
SET (0x32D40,0x0004060C0E14080A)

second to last byte is the KR =08 = RB3

last byte is PR  =0A = RB4

Every 0x02 is a position

You could change the location if you want. The pointer math works like follows

ADDR - 0x10 (INES header) -0xF8(due to the way it loops through the starters) 

Then swap the bytes.

Example:

New data at 32DC0.

1. Replace 32 with 8= 8DC0.

2. Subtract Ines header offset 8DC0 -0x10= 8DB0

3. Subtract index offset = 0x8DB0-0xF8 = 8CB8 

4. Swap bytes = 0xB88C

5. New Set Command = SET (0x323CD,0xB88C)

Dude you are TOO awesome! I would have been happy just to manually set the player but this was BAD ASS! Thanks it makes my TFO ROM more authentic to the season :)