Applying SIM data

Lhopital

• 10 months later...

I've been using the info in this thread, including the 32 point cumulative total for starters for the receiving target rating (slightly, technically incorrect but extremely functional), to create a spreadsheet that accurately automates sim values for each player.  I'm pretty much done with the formulas but I'm unsure about the "pocket tendency" rating for QB's.  I've noticed that it rarely rises above 3 for most QB's in other roms. 

My question is, what does pocket tendency really do and is 0-3 the "accepted" range for this rating?

All other offensive sim ratings, except the aforementioned receiving target rating, are calculated as some fraction of 15 (sometimes very large fractions like 14/15), but I guess it's not the case for pocket tendency even though TSBTool allows for a max of 15.

Edited by Tecmonster

I would recommend this when doing the target ratings:

SET(0x175CB, 0x05) - includes TE when target is randomized

SET(0x18117, 0x00081018202830384048505860687078) - really makes it a "out of 32"-thing

And the pocket sim. There's just four values (0-3) that can be loaded, starting at 0x18103.

• 5 months later...
On 9/12/2016 at 4:06 AM, Martin said:

I would recommend this when doing the target ratings:

SET(0x175CB, 0x05) - includes TE when target is randomized

SET(0x18117, 0x00081018202830384048505860687078) - really makes it a "out of 32"-thing

And the pocket sim. There's just four values (0-3) that can be loaded, starting at 0x18103.

Just for the sake of clarity, the first command for the TE fix is also for the 32-team rom only, correct?

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/1/2015 at 12:02 AM, bruddog said:

Rushing ability and receiving yardage load from the same array so it might be best to think of it

as

rushing yardage, reception skill, receiving yardage, target likelihood

I just started messing with TSB Tool to mess with the sim stats and it seems the auto updater takes only speed into account for the last two, as it considered them to be kick and punt return ability.  I had a high skill RB with awful hands (think Okoye or Bo) getting 60+ catches in a season while a speedy, sure-handed receiver on the same team (think Jerry Rice) got nothing (the 32 points were used up before it got to him due to his spot on the roster).

If you want a "quick" fix:  what I did for RBs, was to use the same number for the reception skills (2nd) in the 4th number and then halved the 3rd number so they wouldn't get a huge yards per catch.  These numbers actually ended up being pretty close to what you'll see for RBs in the original rom.  For WRs, I averaged the 2nd and 3rd numbers to come up with their 4th.  This resulted in very good WRs generally having a value of 12-13 and mediocre receivers being about 7-8.  Teams with crap receivers will randomize many catches, which makes sense because there isn't any dominant receiver the QB would be focusing on.  This resulted in the best WRs in the league generally leading the league in receptions over many simmed seasons.

My trouble comes with the defense ratings.  Bruce Smith in the original rom is at 127 (IIRC) for pass rush.  From my understanding, the entire team cannot go above 255.  This means Bruce Smith should get about half of his team's sacks.  It seems that the auto updater will equally spread the pass rush numbers out based on speed.  The fastest guys will have the highest value, but they won't be significantly higher than slow guys.  I don't have any advice right now for quickly editing these.

Is there a way to export data from TSB Tool into a spreadsheet and then import it back?  I feel like there probably is, and I could edit my stuff a lot faster in Excel.

Edited by adscl84

i just made a nice excel doc that works all of it out...   and gives you team offense and defense ratings as well.  I was hoping to use one that was already created but couldnt find one. 
it rates every player between 25-75.  taking into account that HP can be exponential at different points. its a much more complex system than just rating one or 2 attributes as discussed above in this thread.

then rates that players sim stats based off his attributes (sometimes combined with other players around him)

then rates the players importance to the team and ultimately rates the team offense and defense taking into account how multi dimentional the offense is, best player on defense, etc.
it allows you to paste in data from TSBToolSupreme and also will spit out data to be uploaded into TSBToolSupreme.  
it allows to edit and upload to TSBTS multiple teams at one time with a quick CNTRL+C and CNTRL+P. takes a couple seconds.
im just tinkering and dunno if anyone could use it, but i play with a friend and we like making our own teams and it gets tedious to keep editing and pasting into the TSBTS since we like to do an edit each time we play. And every time we edit our team even a little bit the sim stats are now automatically formulated which is cool so we can play seasons and stuff also. 

chromosonebowl.jpg

19 hours ago, adscl84 said:

Are you willing to share the spreadsheet?  I'd like to try it out.

I second that!

14 hours ago, bruddog said:

No it uses the player sim ratings for offense. 

Well hot damn, I missed that memo. Anyone have a link to where this was posted?

The 1990 49ers were 3rd overall, 12th vs the pass (yards) and 2nd vs the run. Meanwhile the Steelers were 7th overall, #1 vs the pass and 11th vs the run. Why they went 15 and 15 for both the pass and the run is beyond me, I guess they wanted to make sure the 49ers were in the mix all the time.

The most interesting thing to me about the sim code to me is that its actually simulating a game play by play and had a hook for simulating 2 pt conversions. 

Mayabe the team defensive ratings ended up being a fudge factor for the simulation  to get certain teams making the playoffs more often. Since defenders can never get injured defensive teams would have an edge in that regard. 

On 3/21/2018 at 6:32 PM, adscl84 said:

Are you willing to share the spreadsheet?  I'd like to try it out.

ummmm, well as brud pointed out i got some fixing to do first....

I wanted a quick and easy way to edit some teams to play on the fly.  I use it quite often when i wanna play a custom game with someone we can make a team is less than a couple minutes and be playing a few seconds later. 
plus i like how it does the sim stats for team and player immediately. 

Tecmo 2018 chromosone bowl v5.2 SHARED.xlsx

11 hours ago, malferds said:

I wanted a quick and easy way to edit some teams to play on the fly.  I use it quite often when i wanna play a custom game with someone we can make a team is less than a couple minutes and be playing a few seconds later. 
plus i like how it does the sim stats for team and player immediately. 

Tecmo 2018 chromosone bowl v5.2 SHARED.xlsx

Thanks.  I have no idea how the calculations work and it's heavily protected; but, at the very least, I see the formula that takes the data from excel and formats it for use in TSB Tool.  That is the biggest help to me.

17 hours ago, adscl84 said:

Thanks.  I have no idea how the calculations work and it's heavily protected; but, at the very least, I see the formula that takes the data from excel and formats it for use in TSB Tool.  That is the biggest help to me.

ya, its not even close to being acceptable to publish so i cant release the full thing yet.