Tecmo Super Bowl Hardcore Championship
When - Saturday June 9, 2018
Where - DMen Tap - 2829 W. Belmont Ave. Chicago, IL 60618
Time - Registration 10:00am to 10:30am CST, Kickoff Time 11:00am CST
Buy In - $30 - Registration through paypal to email@example.com
Included in Buy In:
- One Custom Tecmo Tournament T-shirt (Register on or before May 22nd to receive a T-shirt)
- One Nintendo (NES) Sports Game Cartridge (Performance during Group Play determines which game you will have a chance at getting)
30 Players Maximum
6 groups of 5 players playing round robin (4 games for each player)
-Groups will be separated by a random selection draw
-Group play will use provided tier list for choosing matchups
All 30 players will advance to a single elimination playoff round based overall record in tournament.
There will be a lottery for seeding based on your record after group play. It is based on the five possible record outcomes:
Record - 0-4 - 30th seed will randomly be selected here, then seeds will continue to be selected until there is no player that was 0-4 left
Record - 1-3 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 1-3 left
Record - 2-2 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 2-2 left
Record - 3-1 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 3-1 left
Record - 4-0 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 4-0 left, 1st seed will be last player selected
This seeding also determines the order in which the NES Sports Games will be selected for each player to keep as part of the Buy-In.
-The Hardcore Tier List will be used for Bracket Play. Higher Seed is Player 1 and gets choice of Tier. Player 2 then selects a team from that Tier or a lower Tier. Higher Seed then selects a team second from the Tier originally chosen or a lower Tier.
- $350 Cash
-Tecmo Hardcore Championship Title Belt (1st place winner gets to keep the belt)
- $150 Cash
Top 4 finishers have the option of competing in a Free to Play Cash Prize Retro Sports League Championship Tournament taking place in January 2019 in Chicago, IL
I'm locking in and guaranteeing all the prizes for this tournament!
1. Tier list for group play. Winner of coin toss is player 1 and chooses tier. Loser of coin toss chooses team from tier player 1 selected or a lower tier. Winner of coin toss chooses team second from tier originally chosen or lower tier.
2. We will not keep track of teams used during group play. Choose the team that best suits you in group play under the tier list guidelines.
3. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes. You are allowed to change your selected team's playbook before each game. Checking the change / substitution screen is allowed during gameplay. Once per quarter for each player is the recommendation.
4. All substitutions of any player in any position is LEGAL.
5. No ties. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT’s will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
6. Defensive Lineman Lurching / Nose Tackle Dive / Any D-Lineman Dive is LEGAL.
7. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
8. Tournament Disputes: Tom Stahnke and Phil Naumann are the tournament referees. They will decide all disputes unless one of them is a player in the game. If one or both is a player in the disputed game, a referee to be determined will resolve the dispute.
9. Competitors are allowed to bring their own controller, but it has to be an official Nintendo rectangle controller, official Nintendo dogbone controller, or the official Hyperkin Cadet NES controller.
MARQUEE MATCHUP STREAM - https://www.twitch.tv/tgfnretro
This professional live coverage will be voiced and broadcasted by Troy GBLAN, organizer and voice of the GBLAN Online Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament. Troy will be showcasing the best players this tournament has to offer from opening kickoff until the Tecmo Super Bowl Hardcore Championship Belt is wrapped around someone’s waist. I encourage everyone to check out tgfnretro on Twitch and follow the action that is currently going on in the Tecmo scene.
THE PLAYER’S STREAM: - https://www.youtube.com/theretrosportsgamer
Have you ever wanted to be a commentator at a Tecmo Tournament? Maybe you just want to cut a wrestling promo Tecmo style? This is your opportunity! This stream will be run by Lumberjack Cracks, but if you aren’t feeling what he has to say, then suplex him off that mic and say what you will. The goal of this stream is to capture the natural essence of the tournament and get as many unique players on stream as possible. Want to play on stream? Just ask! We will do our best to broadcast your game next.
Players that register and can't make the tournament with at least one week notice will be fully refunded.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the tournament. Thanks!