2008 Midwest TSB Tournament - OHIO - April 26, 2008

vogtcd11

2008 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament online registration. Please post a thread on whether you can make it.

What: 2008 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament

Where: Symmes Tavern on the Green; 500 Wessel Drive, Fairfield, Ohio 45014

When: Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 11 a.m.; registration at 11 a.m.; tournament play at noon; runs all day

Who: anyone who loves to play Tecmo Super Bowl

Buy-in: $30 (includes tournament buy-in, all-tournament buffet and all cash prizes)

Expected prizes:

First place - Bar neon sign that will read "2008 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament Champion" (donated by Symmes Tavern), cash and a free entry into the 2009 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament.

Second place - The tournament registration banner (donated by Pabst Blue Ribbon) and cash

Third and Fourth places - $30 in cash each

Participants 21 or older: Get one free drink ticket at McKinley's Pub, which is located a block away from the tournament's site (donated by McKinley's Pub)

Raffle/Door prizes: 10 2008 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament bracelets (donated by wristbands-with-a-message.com); a Tecmo Bowl T-shirt; 2008 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament soundtrack (donated by The Lindenwald Ledger); Pabst Blue Ribbon merchandise (donated by Pabst Blue Ribbon)

Tournament play:

It will be a "World Cup" style of format. When everyone's signed in on Saturday, we will have a 10-15 minute introduction of how the tourney will be managed, mentioning of sponsors, introducing players and praising the Tavern of Symmes for letting us use their facility. We will draw, out of a hat, pools of four. Everyone will play each participant in their respective pool once. When everyone has their games in, we'll calculate the tournament seedings by records and point differentiation. This basically means, play at your best during pool play, whether if you're winning or losing. It could mean the world of difference for who you'll play in the tournament. It will be a single-elimination tournament (computed by Tournament Bracket Builder). Everyone will be placed into the tournament according to their seeding. So expect to play at least four games.

The 6 Team Tiers:

SF, HOU, BUF, GIA ... CHI, RAI, PHI ... CIN, KC, MIA ... SD, TB, DEN, DET, MIN, RAMs, WAS ... DAL, PHX, ATL, PIT, JETs ... IND, NE, CLE, NO, GB, SEA

***You will only be able to use a team once during pool play. You will flip a coin to see who chooses their team first. The player who wins the toss chooses their team, then the opponent choses their team from that tier or lower. The player who chose their team first, can then have the opportunity to switch their team to another team of that tier or lower if they want. The player who lost the toss gets to pick whether they want home/away or in other words, left/right side. Pool play begins. ... During tournament play, you can only use each team once, again. The team with the higher seed automatically wins the coin toss, and the same format applies when choosing teams and home/away.***

9 Simple Tournament Rules:

1. Have Fun!

2. No throwing equipment or intentionally damaging equipment. Doing so will result in a forfeit from the tournament.

3. No looking at opponent’s controller or eye movement when picking plays.

4. If equipment fails during the game, games will be replayed from the start unless it is halftime. After halftime, scores are taken from the first half and another half is played. Scores from each half are added together to form final score.

5. NO lurching (dive tackling over the line of scrimmage with a DL). DL is allowed, but you must either drop back into coverage or go outside the offensive tackle to rush.

6. Onsides kicks are okay anytime (aka, “at your own risk”).

7. Fourth man down (ROLB) is allowed for use on XPs, not FGs. Also, no WR at RB.

8. Playbook changes are allowed.

9. Discuss on whether the two opponents before the game starts if they would like to see in-game coin toss or not. It is random, so it doesn't matter. I, myself, prefer to see the actual toss. So discuss it amongst yourselves. I would advise if the toss is witnessed. But that's not my call. Talk to each other.

***If both parties agree to forego any of rules 5 through 9 before a game, then it’s acceptable.***

Equipment needed - 5 TVs, 5 Nintendos with jacks and 10 controllers:

Matt Acus (2 Nintendos, 4 controllers with 2 jacks and TV)

Shawn Madden (Nintendo with jacks, 2 controllers and TSB cartridge)

Steven Johnson (Nintendo with jacks, 2 controllers and TSB cartridge)

Chance Bowling (Nintendo with jacks, 2 controllers and TSB cartridge)

arncoem (Nintendo, 2 controllers with jacks and TSB cartridge)

Eric Judd (Nintendo, 2 controllers with jacks)

AJ Fullam (TV)

Matt Vogt (TV)

Chris Vogt (TV)

Jimmy Vogt (TV)

***If you have TSB carts and Nintendos with jacks, you might as well bring them. Who knows when malfunctions may occur***

So, please give me a definite "yes" if you want to come ... and that you can come. I'll give you my utmost cooperation, if you give me yours.

Thanks.

Chris Vogt

2008 Midwest Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament Director

AIM (vogtcd11); e-mail ([email protected]); phone (513-225-3274)

----------------------------------------------

Players in (22):

Vogtcd11 (tpc)

BigMV54 (tpc)

ajfullam33 (tpc)

badinbball21 (tpc)

Lillefty021 (tpc)

WTF its Eamon (tpc)

Berger2313 (tpc)

endzone2endzone (tpc)

mort1237 (tpc)

daboy8821 (tpc)

palmer2chadfor6 (tpc)

CoreyUDSL (tpc)

hawkfan6634 (tpc)

dajabec (tpc)

joeygats (tpc)

djeanp7898 (tpc)

arncoem (tpc)

Chance Bowling (local)

Jamie Lawson (local)

John Bohlen (local)

Steven Johnson (local)

Matt Acus (local)

Questionable (9):

KRhodes330 (tpc ?)

allamerican1569 (tpc ?)

infamous Bearcattt (tpc ?)

GorillaBrav (tpc ?)

swampc1 (tpc ?)

Bobby Keller (local ?)

John Enderle (local ?)

Tony Mayer (local ?)

Vince Cox (local ?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Our beloved mother is going to be the one recording. She said it's going to be her full-time job that day! I told not to commentate, she likes to talk. I love her! Call her Momma Vogt!

EXCELLENT. Tell Momma V TY for those who can not attend.

It's official, I'll be driving from CT to Ohio for the tourney w/ the "2008 Midwest Tecmo Champion" neon sign for the winner! (As well as Bigmv's "2008 Northeast Tecmo Champion" neon sign that he won in CT at the last tourney)

Anyone that is interested in going to the tourney from Mass, CT, and New York (on the way to Ohio, nothing more than 45 min out of the way. NYC, any burrough is fine as can meet somewhere easy for both of us) LMK and setup a ride to and from there.

I have 1 person coming w/ me already, so room for 2 more comfortably and 3 more if want to squish, or sit in the way back of the SUV.. Long ride for that though!

[email protected]

The following response is from an email I dropped to David Fulcher a while back:

"Hey Chris I would love to hang with you guys and check out your tournament. I've got a few of my bobbleheads left and would like to bring them with me. They are 20 dollars and the proceeds go to my foundation for MS. Let me know if that's ok. David fulcher"

This might persuade some people to come to this thing!

See you there .... now!

Here's a list of hotels that are decent:

Hampton Inn-Northwest

http://www.HamptonInn.com

430 Kolb Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014

Extended Stay America‎

9651 Seward Rd # 6, Fairfield, OH 45014

(513) 860-5733‎

Holiday Inn Express Fairfield‎

6755 Fairfield Business Ctr, Fairfield, OH 45014

(513) 860-2900‎

Intown Suites Fairfield‎

6785 Fairfield Business Ctr, Fairfield, OH 45014

(513) 942-8004‎

Here's the google search I got these from:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1& ... 1&ct=image

I'm going to be calling up some of the hotels around here to see what their rates are so I can get back to you all. Any questions, just call or IM.

• 2 weeks later...

The tournament was a success, and it was a damn good time. David Fulcher is willing to work with me in hopes of having a Cincinnati Tecmo Invitational later on in the year to help his multiple sclerosis foundation drive. If we help him, he'll help us.

I'll keep everyone posted.

If anyone would like to check out some photos of the tournament, my friend Dale took about 250 and has posted them on costco pics. If anyone would like to see them ... drop me an email at [email protected], and I'll set you up.

Thanks.

Chris