Does INTs effect chance to pass block ?

ApolloSpeed

I'm 99% sure it doesn't.

You're talking about just for the cut-scene blocks, right? A block where the guy jumps up when the ball is flying over his head are affected by INT, yes?

Ok I'll take a stab at this. When a pass is less than halfway to it's target, it's blocked based on the qb's pass block rating. When it's over halfway it uses INT... uh but that doesn't explain why they sometimes miss alltogether... someone clear this up please :wink:

So there is a different set of outcomes that are checked for compared to when the db and wr are stationary waiting for the pass. So it is either missed, tipped, or intercepted instead of catch, breakup, int.

Another good question, why are jj's always caught??? I guess it uses the "wide open" %s, like a 63 to 63 will never miss?

It's usually only when you are throwing to crappy wr's with a crappy QB. Occasionally the QB makes a bad pass (overthrow, etc) which I think has nothing to do with PC at all. But receivers don't jump and miss "all the time"

And yes most jjs are more or less openQb to open WR calculations since the db often isn't close enough to the WR.

I was wondering if people actually have a strategt for JJ's when the WR is down field.

My strategy is 'timing'...get a feel for the length of time the ball will be in the air according to the position of the WR - and where you anticipate the WR being when the ball gets near him. The 'timing' depends on the QB PS/PC combination along with the WR MS (some PS/PC are better than others). But once you have a feel for the combinations and can "see" the WR even though he's not "on the screen", you will make it happen.

It sounds like bullshit, but I can call it good or bad right after QB release, so it's not bullshit - it's practice and attention. I can get a deep JJ 1/2 attempts, within a range of QB/WR attributes. I can time that shit to hit the endzone from anywhere on the field.

But it's always fun to pop a curl on someone.

Buck...correct me if I am wrong but I believe I meet you at Woody's Lincoln about a half a year ago or so? At the Tecmo Tourney. I recall meeting someone from K-State anyways.

So Proehl is the king of the JJ huh??

PS-I know you are reading this Tick!! Proehl will see you in about 1 month!!

Buck...correct me if I am wrong but I believe I meet you at Woody's Lincoln about a half a year ago or so? At the Tecmo Tourney. I recall meeting someone from K-State anyways.

It's me. It was about a year ago...I thought you guys would be having more tournaments, but here it is almost a year later and I haven't been up there again. We need to have another tourney - I know I can take you at least 1 of 2 next time, Craig.

hell yeah we do that was a good time...do you know who put the last one together? I'm assuming Knobbe did. I know the onwer of the bar so that probably wouldn't be a big problem using the same place.

Knobbe put it on.

I could bring at least 2 other people in, I'm sure artvandelay and the other NE folks would be there too. But, KS will be representing "hard", so watch out.

Really, set something up - nothing like 6 beers and a semifinal!

is ArtVandellay Luke? I think that sounds right...we should e-mail Knobbe and get something going

I can bring 2 old-school systems, 4 controllers, and only 1 cart, (I think) one is on loan to someone in Texas...