3 Color Uniforms Possible?

Thakfu

Excuse me if this has been done or covered (couldnt find anything relating in search.) But is it possible for teams to have 3 color uniforms? Basically the helmet and pants colors being different? Can this somehow be hacked?

One reason I love the SNES version is because it has this. It'd be very interesting to see the NES have it.

Excuse me if this has been done or covered (couldnt find anything relating in search.) But is it possible for teams to have 3 color uniforms? Basically the helmet and pants colors being different? Can this somehow be hacked?

The problem is the NES has a limited amount of colors unlike the SNES. The NES has 4 color groups for BG and 4 color groups for Sprites. The color groups are transparent and 3 colors. When on the field the BG is the football field and stands leaving the Sprites for the players. For the sprites it has 2 color groups for each team. Transparent, Helmet/Pants, Skin, Shirt with one for the light and one for the dark skin players. This leaves no room for another color.

You could redraw the sprites to use a different color design but are still forced to use 3 colors regardless.

The problem is the NES has a limited amount of colors unlike the SNES. The NES has 4 color groups for BG and 4 color groups for Sprites. The color groups are transparent and 3 colors. When on the field the BG is the football field and stands leaving the Sprites for the players. For the sprites it has 2 color groups for each team. Transparent, Helmet/Pants, Skin, Shirt with one for the light and one for the dark skin players. This leaves no room for another color.

You could redraw the sprites to use a different color design but are still forced to use 3 colors regardless.

I was thinking having three different uniforms. (ex. Chargers dk blue/white, white/dk blue, lt blue/white)

• 8 months later...

I was wondering does anyone know how to swap jersey and helmet colors for just one team? For instance the Chicago Bears, they don't have alternate jersey colors like the rest of the teams. Their primary colors are Black helmets, White Jerseys, and Black pants with the white stripe. How can I swap their colors to be Black helmet, Black jerseys, and White pants with the black stripe and also remove the white stripe from the top of their helmets because their helmets are supposed to be black with no stripe.

The Tecmo Junkie