TSB SNES W/NES players ***Check out the new HD version***

COA Elway

Do you like the change?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the change?

• YES
    • NO
    • DON'T CARE

Is there a way to change the graphics on an original tsb snes rom? If your goal is to give life to snes that just might do it. The funny thing is I always felt snes played a little different but maybe it was just those bulky graphics. That hd version (which need indicators please!) is just like playing nes. Actually, I kind of like playing it without the indicators, except for the kicking game. It sure makes play action harder to pick up. Of course you have to use pass plays you're familiar with.

Yes I think it's almost exactly nes graphics and play, but I haven't played it a lot. If someone can put those graphics on the snes original then post it.

I started taking our 2007 snes rom and converting it to be retro-ized.

Has the indicators

Uses player models from Elway's rom

Removed the cheerleaders (there is a glitch I have to fix but it's minor)

Updated playbook palette (the graphics could stand to use a bit of love, but it sort of works the way I have it now)

If I ever devote more time to it, I'll finish it and put it up...

how are JJ's?

and most importantly, if you score a touchdown with a black guy (who is in a slot that was originally a white guy on the regular rom, for example, Jamarcus Russell in Jay Schoreders slot) does he remain black????

how are JJ's?

and most importantly, if you score a touchdown with a black guy (who is in a slot that was originally a white guy on the regular rom, for example, Jamarcus Russell in Jay Schoreders slot) does he remain black????

This is all fixed now. The race scenes are correct. Time to convert the masses over to the "real" TSB.

Hey elway, could we get player indicators and arrows in the HD version, that would be awesome, thanks.

EDIT:

Got the indicators back in myself, just don't know how to do the kick meter, is it located in tyle layer pro? If so where, thanks.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Hey elway, could we get player indicators and arrows in the HD version, that would be awesome, thanks.

EDIT:

Got the indicators back in myself, just don't know how to do the kick meter, is it located in tyle layer pro? If so where, thanks.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

open a rom that has the meter and mine so it'e easier to see.

the meter is like two tiles, just above the first set of small text.

Since some people have requested a more current retro (oxymoron, anyone?) rom, I've taken Elway's rom and copied some stuff over to the 2007 rom I made for the SNFL (rosters by GoBlue), and updated some palettes. I originally took the pink from the NES rom and used it for the playbook arrows, but it was too bright, so I made it more of a salmon color. I like it better this way...

Either way, this is a start, but is not finished. I take no credit for any of the retroizing other than taking locations I've gathered from Elway and other places and tweaking palettes, as well as copying his tiles to my rom and leaving in indicators.

I noticed that the helmets on some teams are darker than the rest of their uniforms, so this will need tweaking. Thus far I've noticed it on the giants and the 49ers.

TSB 2007 Retro.zip

Ok, so since the players changed shape could you make them look like anything? Like could you have a team of robots playing vs a team of smurfs? I'm guessing it's a global change so you could have all teams look like gorillas or something but not each team looking different. It would be cool though.... Like make the cowboys look like cowboys, redskins like indians, etc.

Around here I'm beginning to expect the impossible. Let's get to it people.

• 3 weeks later...

For some reason, I am not able to play the rom. I try to start the rom and the message I get is "there is no default application specified to open the document 'TSBXIII(nesplayers)-1.smc'." I have a mac and all the other roms work without any issues. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Mike

I can't wait to play this rom. It looks really cool!

• 4 months later...
Since some people have requested a more current retro (oxymoron, anyone?) rom, I've taken Elway's rom and copied some stuff over to the 2007 rom I made for the SNFL (rosters by GoBlue), and updated some palettes. I originally took the pink from the NES rom and used it for the playbook arrows, but it was too bright, so I made it more of a salmon color. I like it better this way...

Either way, this is a start, but is not finished. I take no credit for any of the retroizing other than taking locations I've gathered from Elway and other places and tweaking palettes, as well as copying his tiles to my rom and leaving in indicators.

I noticed that the helmets on some teams are darker than the rest of their uniforms, so this will need tweaking. Thus far I've noticed it on the giants and the 49ers.

Just discovered this, my new favorite rom! Thanks!

p.s. This board is DEAD.

• 11 years later...