Controller Question - Newbie

jackson

So I downloaded Nestopia and TSB off these boards and went and got myself a logitech controller and fully expected to be up and running. One problem, I'm having a very hard time setting up the controller. Anybody care to help? I was using the keyboard but it was very hard and my up arrow doesn't work so I would love to be able to use the logitech.

Thanks in advance for your help and for bringing back this awesome game!

Having the same problem. My USB controller doesn't always respond correctly (although sometimes it does). I've configured it correctly, but sometimes nothing happens when I press A or B, and if I try to go right (upfield) after running left on the field (up on the controller) I just keep running out of bounds.

I'm using RockNES on Windows XP--you might want to mention that if it makes a difference. My controller isn't Logitech but it's the same thing basically. It looks like a Playstation controller and works with Madden.

I did go to control panel and it appears that all the buttons, etc. are working. I did try and go into the profile and assign the buttons to the keyboard settings. Is this necessary? The controller came with zero instructions so I wasn't sure if I needed to assign commands or keystrokes, etc.

Thanks for your help!