TSB 32-Team ROM (2007)

cxrom

Someone mentioned earlier about how difficult it is to get the rosters straight these days. I totally agree. I've been working on mine for a while now and I still don't feel as if I'm done. I'll attach them to this post for anyone who wants to take a gander.

The 2-point conversion would be nice, but I'd imagine that there would have to be some CPU logic added to the game, so that might not be possible. Actually, I'd like to see a very basic fantasy draft available for preseason games. I doubt that would be viable for a season (again, CPU draft selection logic would be necessary), but would be nice for man vs man competition. I'm not a programmer and space is at a premium right now, so it probably can't happen. I'm very interested in seeing what will happen with this weather option...

Have a good one.

tecmo2007_32.zip

Long time lurker, very few posts. I have to say that the 32 team ROM is amazing. You guys have squeezed more out of TSB than I ever thought possible. Just mind blowing. And now I can set the quarter lengths, and change plays in the middle of the game. I'm almost speechless. It's TSB nirvana!

I would vote for the 2-point conversion as well, but there is still one thing about TSB the way it is that bugs me. I've always lived with it up until now, but seeing all the things you've accomplished with this ROM, I would think that it wouldn't be too hard to fix. After a safety in the NFL, the team caught in the endzone must kick to the other team from their own 20. On-sides kicks are not allowed, but in TSB, the CPU can and, if it's late in the 4th quarter and they're losing, *will* kick an on-sides kick and sometimes get it. Nothing irritates me more than to be in a tight game leading by a point or two, make a big play by tackling the CPU in the endzone, only to have him recover an on-sides kick. I know I still get the two points, but *I* should get the ball and be able to run out the clock for the win. Instead I'm fighting defensively again to keep him from scoring on some BS long run or pass play.

Anyway, is there any "switch to flip" in all that code that will prevent on-side kicks when kicking off from the 20 (as opposed to the 35 for a normal kickoff)?

P.S. I have a Palm T|X with an emulator called NesEm on it. I was concerned, but the 32 team ROM runs great on it. The screen's a little small, but not intolerable, and the speed is almost perfect. TSB anywhere, anytime!

im kinda torn between the 2pt conversion and a fantasy draft. i mean we've all played this game for over 16 years without the 2pt conversion, and dealt fine so i guess thats secondary to me compared to a fantasy draft. its a tough one but if anyone can do either it would make this game by far the best football game EVER!

Madden could never accomplish what has been done over the last few months in terms of adding great features to an already great game engine. i seriously might not ever be able to play madden again.

Amigos 4life son

Let CXROM do what ever he wants to the ROM, he has only made it better and only we'll continue to do so, I would hate to think he has been working on a 2-point conversion system for the game for months now to have to read I don't know if I want that, I mean if not for him we wouldn't have a 32team ROM, in-game playbook and adjustable quarter time, as far as I know he isn't taking a poll on this, everybody is entitled to their opinion and I respect that, I just don't think he should have to read sumthing to discourage him on his HARD WORK!!!

This is a reply to the people that have been posting, they don't think he should do a 2-point conversion!!!

You can't imagine the hours he has on this and the rom it's self!!!

You can play vs your cpu all you want. The 2 point conversion would be incredible for league play. strategy would become different and just add more excitement and intensity to games.

Could you imagine a title game coming down to a 2 point conversion instead of the player opting for a tie and head into OT.

The Madden game has adjusted through the yrs going from console to console. We now have enough knowledgable guys who are willing to make Tsb more up to date. If you dont like whats being done to the game thats cool as you have the original if you like the 32 rom with all the bells and whistles you can now enjoy that also. Its a win-win situation for everyone.

dial-up internet and only 20 hours of it. very nice.

i recently started playing with the 2pt conversion idea again and this time around is looking a lot more promising. i have a 6pt conversion working. :) i've only tried it with man vs man and man vs com and no the com didn't use it. still got some more stuff to do.

as with the other gamplay hacks, you'll be able to turn it off from the options menu. that way everyone is happy.

i recently started playing with the 2pt conversion idea again and this time around is looking a lot more promising. i have a 6pt conversion working. :) i've only tried it with man vs man and man vs com and no the com didn't use it. still got some more stuff to do.

as with the other gamplay hacks, you'll be able to turn it off from the options menu. that way everyone is happy.

Just brilliant, you have just made everbody here :D and now there want be a battle of sides, should he or shouldn't he!!!! again just Brilliant!!!

If you feel the need to ever get weird with someone... I'll throw my name out there.

you know what screw it, after thinking about it 2pt conversion would probably be way better cause if you really wanted to spend the time on "fantasy rosters" you could just change the names and shit of the players to the corresponding teams. (time consuming!) I mean with everything added recently that would be the most logical of additions.

oh yeah on the fantasy roster thing, can you like copy and paste the names and attributes of players to different teams with the TSBTool? cause then you really wouldnt need a fantasy draft.

you know what screw it, after thinking about it 2pt conversion would probably be way better cause if you really wanted to spend the time on "fantasy rosters" you could just change the names and shit of the players to the corresponding teams. (time consuming!) I mean with everything added recently that would be the most logical of additions.

oh yeah on the fantasy roster thing, can you like copy and paste the names and attributes of players to different teams with the TSBTool? cause then you really wouldnt need a fantasy draft.

Yes.

If you feel the need to ever get weird with someone... I'll throw my name out there.

Alllllllrighty then.

Just brilliant, you have just made ever body hear :) and now there want be a battle of sides, should he or shouldn't he!!!! again just Brilliant!!!

Dude, your posts read like a scam EBay ad from Singapore.

What rock have you been hiding under Tup, haven't seen you post in a while on this thread, nice to see your back!!! BAB_AL said the 2-point conversion he's working on now can be turned on and off as a option, now everybody that wanted it and didn't want it can rejoice alike, I thought that was brilliant move on his part, don't you? sorry about the miss spelling, I had been up for 21 hours straight working on the new madden legend site, we have madden 08 and tecmo super bowl threads come ck it out, http://maddenlegends.gametalk.ws/ we need someone w/ tecmo experience at the site to be a moderator!!! and as sleepy as I was when I posted that, I was in Singapore. LOL!!!

My 360 and PS3 are getting minimal game time since I found the TSB 2007 Rom. I still think this is going to be my favorite game of 2008. I'm actually going to get it made into a cartridge so I can play it on my TV. I noticed two little problems with the rom (probably easy fixes but I'm technologically impaired). After you win the Super Bowl it says the 1991 (yeah it is minor nitpicking but the front screen and season info has already been fixed). The second is that the Bears are always wearing a black uniform. I haven't noticed any other errors as of yet. I love this game!

Also a minor off-topic question about ratings (I'm not arguing about them). How did you guys decided what player gets what rating? I think the my Cards are pretty close to perfect for TSB.

Just brilliant, you have just made ever body hear :wink: and now there want be a battle of sides, should he or shouldn't he!!!! again just Brilliant!!!

Dude, your posts read like a scam EBay ad from Singapore.

Hilarious. I agree. I also love how words like "HARD WORK" or "AWESOME SKILLS" are always accentuated with caps or 17 exclamation points. How about some RITALIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It really makes me wonder sometimes just how much Superman loves cxrom and the 32 team rom.

P.S. If you really want a laugh, read one of Super's posts out loud with all the voice inflections and shouting...

I'd rather see defensive substitutions or alignment (ie 3-4, 4-3, nickel) than a 2pt conversion but that might be out of the realm of possiblity. I don't even think there is enough room left for extra defensive players. Same with 3-4, 4-3, nickel.

The rom could be expanded to 512k of program for this. I'm honestly surprised cxrom didn't expand it from the start and use the new areas for the code. But then again I don't know how much of a pain it would be to write and check all the bank changes.

The rom could be expanded to 512k of program for this. I'm honestly surprised cxrom didn't expand it from the start and use the new areas for the code. But then again I don't know how much of a pain it would be to write and check all the bank changes.

i bank swapped for large segments of code, but for short pieces the costs outweighed the benefits. at minimum you'd need this for every swap:

lda #BANK_TO_SWAP ; swap new bank
sta $8000
pha
lda #NEW_BANK_INDEX
sta $8001

jsr Some_Function

pla ; swap back
sta $8000
lda #PREV_BANK_INDEX
sta $8001

rts

and the 32rom is really just a bunch of pointer hacks:

; teamIndexLOW = $1E
; teamIndexHI = $22

cpx teamIndexLOW
bcs _isExp

_isReg: lda REGULAR_DATA, X
rts

_isExp: cmp teamIndexHI
bcs _isReg

lda EXPANSION_DATA, X
rts

having correct 4-3/3-4 defenses would be cool. especially if the reactions were updated to match up.

i bank swapped for large segments of code, but for short pieces the costs outweighed the benefits. at minimum you'd need this for every swap:

lda #BANK_TO_SWAP ; swap new bank
sta $8000
pha
lda #NEW_BANK_INDEX
sta $8001

jsr Some_Function

pla ; swap back
sta $8000
lda #PREV_BANK_INDEX
sta $8001

rts

and the 32rom is really just a bunch of pointer hacks:

; teamIndexLOW = $1E
; teamIndexHI = $22

cpx teamIndexLOW
bcs _isExp

_isReg: lda REGULAR_DATA, X
rts

_isExp: cmp teamIndexHI
bcs _isReg

lda EXPANSION_DATA, X
rts

having correct 4-3/3-4 defenses would be cool. especially if the reactions were updated to match up.

Right, I understand how to do it but it does make sense that a lot of the stuff was small jumps of code. Also it might be possible to use something similar to the existing swapping routine for less code.

SWAP_8000: ; $D8DD
STX $2E
LDA #$06
BNE :+
SWAP_A000: ; $D8E3
STX $2F
LDA #$07
: ORA $33
STA $34
SEC
ROR $2C
STA BANKSELECT
STX BANKDATA
LSR $2C
RTS

Yeah, if it could be setup to read the team and select the 34 or 43 defense than I could easily make the reactions for a 43 defense. The offense would need to adjust the blocking and run assignments though so correct blocks and holes existed especially for the CPU.

Yeah, if it could be setup to read the team and select the 34 or 43 defense than I could easily make the reactions for a 43 defense. The offense would need to adjust the blocking and run assignments though so correct blocks and holes existed especially for the CPU.

this just might be doable.

i figure, hack the toss screen to read base defense for both teams and set 2 variables. keep 2 copies of offense and defense ai data. hack the bank swapping routines for the ai to swap in different data banks depending on the 2 variables. someone would need to find out how the game tracks who has possession because i still haven't figured it out.

writing ai for a 3-4 defense and an offense against a 3-4 is gonna be a lot of work. if you're up to it, i'll set it up.

this just might be doable.

i figure, hack the toss screen to read base defense for both teams and set 2 variables. keep 2 copies of offense and defense ai data. hack the bank swapping routines for the ai to swap in different data banks depending on the 2 variables. someone would need to find out how the game tracks who has possession because i still haven't figured it out.

writing ai for a 4-3 defense and an offense against a 4-3 is gonna be a lot of work. if you're up to it, i'll set it up.

I'm up to it for sure though I'd probably ask to let me finish the current playbook I'm doing for my rom as I wanted it done by the end of March and ready for the easy stuff.

I've looked everywhere for how it tracks the possession. The closest I've been is when it changes players it uses a jsr then jmp to one code for player1 and a different set for player2 but I didn't spot anything obvious yet in those and they do merge back to the same area. I'll look in my notes and post them back in this.

I can't seem to find the kickoff change in my notes but here is the turnover spots I was looking through. The core jumps are below.

FG Miss, Punt, Turnovers:

To Player 2: x2477F

$876F:20 9A CC JSR $CC9A

$8772:4C 7B 87 JMP $877B

$8775:20 81 87 JSR $8781

$8778:4C A1 87 JMP $87A1

$877B:20 81 87 JSR $8781

$877E:4C AB 88 JMP $88AB

To Player 1: x24F07

$8EF7:20 9A CC JSR $CC9A

$8EFA:4C 03 8F JMP $8F03

$8EFD:20 09 8F JSR $8F09

$8F00:4C 19 80 JMP $8019

$8F03:20 09 8F JSR $8F09

$8F06:4C 23 81 JMP $8123

Long time lurker, very few posts. I have to say that the 32 team ROM is amazing. You guys have squeezed more out of TSB than I ever thought possible. Just mind blowing. And now I can set the quarter lengths, and change plays in the middle of the game. I'm almost speechless. It's TSB nirvana!

I would vote for the 2-point conversion as well, but there is still one thing about TSB the way it is that bugs me. I've always lived with it up until now, but seeing all the things you've accomplished with this ROM, I would think that it wouldn't be too hard to fix. After a safety in the NFL, the team caught in the endzone must kick to the other team from their own 20. On-sides kicks are not allowed, but in TSB, the CPU can and, if it's late in the 4th quarter and they're losing, *will* kick an on-sides kick and sometimes get it. Nothing irritates me more than to be in a tight game leading by a point or two, make a big play by tackling the CPU in the endzone, only to have him recover an on-sides kick. I know I still get the two points, but *I* should get the ball and be able to run out the clock for the win. Instead I'm fighting defensively again to keep him from scoring on some BS long run or pass play.

Anyway, is there any "switch to flip" in all that code that will prevent on-side kicks when kicking off from the 20 (as opposed to the 35 for a normal kickoff)?

So I guess I'm the only one this bothers?

Jstout, I'm curious about the playbook you're making. I'm hoping that some of the common playbook hacks might be included, namely; the FB blocking the gap on the T formation sweep and adjusting the FB T formation sweep to the top so that the HB carries it.

A couple plays that I put on my rom might be of interest to you as well. The R&S dive play, which is a simple formation hack stemmed from the singleback dive, and the R&S screen pass. Of all the plays I made, those two were probably my favorite ones. If you're interested, I still have their hex data saved and I could post it here.

A couple plays that I put on my rom might be of interest to you as well. The R&S dive play, which is a simple formation hack stemmed from the singleback dive, and the R&S screen pass. Of all the plays I made, those two were probably my favorite ones. If you're interested, I still have their hex data saved and I could post it here.

I'd like to see the hex for the R&S screen.

R and S Screen

Def reaction 1DD88 – C2 C2 C2 C2 D6 DA D6 D6

old one back flare A slot

formation : 0C, pointers: 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D 4D (no back pointers)

Play info: 4AAE

c1b3 15bd 5fa6 9bb8 77bc d8af bbbe acbe 48be 99be 67b0

Play graphics: 27CFC

01A0 A191 b1cc

018F 0193 0101

0198 9296 0101

0193 019C 0101

0101 0191 0101

0101 0193 0101

0101 0194 b1c3

An olineman actually pulls out and blocks down field for the screen The defensive reaction should work pretty well at stopping it at times. One issue is the cpu doesn't use it all that effectively against you.