Tecmo Super Bowl of other sports....

philleyOphish

What is the "Tecmo Super Bowl" of other sports.

We know TSB is the best football game by far for the nintendo. very fun, gameplay is fun. graphics are rounded easy to see guys for an 8 bit system and so on.

I think the old school "ICE HOCKEY" was the "TSB" of hockey games. Although blades of steel was also fun and good, Ice hockey had those similar graphics and fun gameplay. even the crowd looks the same. also, your thumb really hurts after playing. If ice hockey kept stats...it would be an all time winner. but, its was made 3 years before TSB.

What is the "TSB" of baseball? Bases Loaded 1?

Racing games?

Other sports games?

Bowling?

Ice_hockey.rar

• 1 year later...
Ice hockey = NHL 94 some of those guys play online more than we play Tecmo

Baseball = RBI There are RBI leagues and many different updated roms as well

Right on. RBI is clearly the Tecmo of baseball...funny how the "Tecmo" of different sports aren't the actual Tecmo versions (Baseball/Basketball)

There have been other threads like this and no one ever agrees on any one game besides tsb.

The thing about tsb is there really was no competition until madden came along, most of the other football games were horrible.

There were many decent baseball games for the nes. I think it just depends on what you owned/played the most. IMO

So, i played some NES Play Action Football last night. After playing that, I realized how bad of a game it really was. I was board at halftime. HOT BLITZ MAN for a QB sack every play. Passes caught all the time. The graphix were just horrible. Makes me remember how good of a game TSB was for its time.

So, i played some NES Play Action Football last night. After playing that, I realized how bad of a game it really was. I was board at halftime. HOT BLITZ MAN for a QB sack every play. Passes caught all the time. The graphix were just horrible. Makes me remember how good of a game TSB was for its time.

Ahh, but 4 players with the NES Satellite.

• 1 month later...

You didn't clearly define what you meant by the topic title, so I'll assume mean a sports games that can be enjoyed without being a fan of the sport.

Basketball = NBA Jam

Boxing = Mike Tysons Punchout

Dodgeball = Super Dodgeball

Anyone remember Super Play Action Football?

http://images.google.com/images?q=super ... a=N&tab=wi

I personally love the game still. When I was a kid, me and friend recreated our high school schedule, and kept stats with a calculator and a notebook. The plays looked similar to stuff we ran, fullhouse backfield, 4-4 defense. I loved being able to progress from High School, to college, to the NFL. Players got faster, and had access to more moves, and the playbooks got more complex. The game wasn't perfect, it was too hard to pass, and too hard to stop the pass, but I still think it's a lot of fun.

• 8 months later...

King of the Beach [NES] is the most addicting volleyball game of all-time, that doesn't include 3D bazongas for the kids. 4-Player hook-up makes it truly something to revere.

So, my list...

Kings of the Beach [NES]

NHL 93' [Genesis/SNES: The one where you can fight. Classic.]

FIFA 93' [Genesis]

World Series Baseball [Genesis]

Baseball: RBI Baseball III (nes)

Hockey: Ice Hockey (nes), NHL 94 (genesis)

Basketball: NBA Live 95 (genesis)

Boxing: Mike Tyson's Punch Out

Soccer: FIFA 93 (genesis)

In my opinion, the only game that even comes close to TSB is NHL 94. If that game had seasons and kept stats it would be Bad Ass!

• 1 month later...

Super Tennis and NHL 94 are classics that haven't missed a beat.

Tecmo World Wrestling I recall playing tournaments with friends. Never tapped so much in my life. The original Wii game.

Tecmo Super NBA Basketball, Barkely is a fucking beast. Just remember free buckets after the opponent's free throw and Barkely running past everybody in general. And how James Worthy has his own signature dunk, too. Tecmo always polished the little things.

Genesis has a game called Pigskin. The game rivals Tecmo sharing the same perspective and fun factor. It takes a more creative approach. Have to appreciate that.