How to export onto excel, and import back?

Carmelhoops27

Slimgames did a very nice game for me back near january. He mentioned he did the defense by exporting the rom into excel, changing the names of the NFL players to the names of the players for my rom, then importing it back into the game. (I had the players i wanted ranked in positions, he said it was very easy.)

Anyone know how to do this?

I assume that he did it with TSBTool.

In order to get the contents into a spreadsheet, save the TSBTool text output in a .csv file.

Double click on the file to open it with Excel.

Now you can work with the data like any other spreadsheet.

When you are done working with the data, you need to make sure that it's in the correct format before you import it back into a ROM. If there is a format error, you should get some error messages when you click 'Apply to ROM'.

• 3 years later...

As far as I know there is no way to import information from an excel spreadsheet, only export.You don't need another program to import data into MM after being edited with another program.When MM imports tracks, it reads their metadata.So any changes made by other tag-editing programs will be visible in MM as well after scanning the data in.